MAC Eyeliners

PeachTwist

Hey everyone,

I'm sure this sounds like a silly question, but being newer to MAC than most I just wanted to clarify something..

Upon looking on the MAC website, I see in the Eyeliner section that they have "Technakohl Liner", "Powerpoint Eye Pencil", "Eye Pencil" and finally, "Eye Kohl".

Now, I'm fully aware these are clearly all eyeliners of some sort or another, and that the Technakohl looks like a twist up rather than a sharpen pencil - but apart from that, what ARE the differences? Is one specifically better than the other? Is the formula different? Lasting power different? Anything else I need to know about them?

I'm sorry for all of the questions but I just want to make sure I'm clear on everything before buying anything in the future.

mtrimier

My experience with these liners:

Technakohl is a soft formula, easy to use and "creamy" feeling to me.
Eye Pencils are harder more traditional liners, the formula is your standard waxy eye pencil.
Eye Kohl has a softer "lead", more pigmented (sometimes) formula, easy easy easy to smudge
Powerpoints I rarely use.

Lasting power varies as to where I put them and what my eyes feel like day to day (sometimes they are watery, sometimes dry. yay contacts.) and how they are set. Sorry for being vague.

Hopefully more users here can answer your questions more thoroughly.

nez_o

I've had an eye kohl pencil and ended up looking like a raccoon by the end of the night. It is good for smudging though.

I used to use a technakohl for my waterline, but just recently switched to fluidline just so it doesn't dry out by the time I'm done with it.

What were you planning on using the eyeliner for?

PeachTwist

I was more thinking of it for waterline and lash line if I want to do a neutral look with a "pop" of colour on the bottom and an eye shadow on top.

I haven't quite perfected liquid or gel liner so I tend to stay away from them lol

Kawaiiamaiai

I'm completely opposite from the others. I absolutely love my Powerpoint liners. The technakohl liners always seem dry and tug on my lid for some reason.

The good thing about the powerpoint ones are that they are waterproof, so I use them on my waterline without them budging.

iadoremac

I use MAC Penultimate for my upper lash line especially when i want a perfect line, I use technakohl for my water line

PinkBasset

Anything with a word kohl in it is safe to use on your waterline. I love Mac's eye kohls because they are very pigmented and easy to smudge, and they deliver good colour on my waterline. I also like Technakohls. Powerpoints as far as I know have the most staying power. I only have couple of those and for some reason I rarely reach for them.

Mac occasionally releases Pearlglide pencils, those have glitter in them and they are super creamy and buttery. They make wonderful pop of sparkly colour, but are not safe to use on the waterline because of the glitter.

LittleMaryJane

So pearglides always have glitter? Besides fluidline the only mac eyeliners I have are pearglides (but I only have two I think) and I loooveee them.

LMD84

Anything with a word kohl in it is safe to use on your waterline. I love Mac's eye kohls because they are very pigmented and easy to smudge, and they deliver good colour on my waterline. I also like Technakohls. Powerpoints as far as I know have the most staying power. I only have couple of those and for some reason I rarely reach for them.

Mac occasionally releases Pearlglide pencils, those have glitter in them and they are super creamy and buttery. They make wonderful pop of sparkly colour, but are not safe to use on the waterline because of the glitter.
i agree with all this! the kohls are pretty darned awesome and are my fave liners that mac do. very pigmented and so easy to smudge for a sexy smokey look. the power points are also very good but slightly harder to apply. but they do last all day so worth it in the long run :)

pearlglides are my faves but sadly mac haven't given us any so far this year! what are you waiting for mac?!

Latest posts