MAC eyeshadow collection

myystiqueen

So uhm... i'm just starting myy MAC e/s collection..

so far i already have :
1. gesso
2. shroom
3. phloof!
4. naked lunch
5. bisque
6. kid
7. expensive pink
8. cork
9. espresso
10. amber lights
11. woodwinked
12. satin taupe
13. carbon
14. swish
15. sushi flower
16. cranberry
17. beautiful iris
18. parfait amour
19. nocturnelle
20. tilt
21. freshwater

and uhm... i'm thinking of collecting 3 palettes, which means 45 colors...

i already have the list :
NEUTRAL
1. Gesso
2. Shroom
3. Phloof!
4. All That Glitters
5. Naked Lunch
6. Bisque
7. Era / Grain
8. Kid
9. Cork
10. Espresso
11. Woodwinked
12. Satin Taupe
13. Sable / Mulch / Twinks
14. Embark / Mystery / Brun
15. Vanilla / Nylon

PINKS + PURPLES
1. Swish
2. Expensive Pink
3. Sushi Flower
4. Hepcat
5. Cranberry
6. Beautiful Iris
7. Parfait Amour
8. Stars 'n Rockets
9. Satellite Dreams
10. Nocturnelle
11. Passionate
12. Sketch
13. Fig 1 / Trax

MISC.
1. Tilt
2. Freshwater
3. Big T / Parrot
4. Deep Truth
5. Sumptuous Olive
6. Juxt
7. Swimming
8. Humid
9. Rule
10. Coppering
11. Amber Lights
12. Gorgeous Gold
13. Electra
14. Silver Ring
15. Carbon

okay... that's it.... i know some of the '/' colors are not even identical / similar in some ways,, it's just i'm still thinking which one i really need considering the shade i already have... so... any recommendations or suggestions?? i'd really appreciate it... thanks!!

Kiss and Makeup

For your Neutral palette, I'd do Twinks, Brun, and Vanilla. Twinks is really pretty, a brownish plum color (on me, at least) and it blends like a DREAM. Brun and vanilla are really good staples, too. Trax looks really pretty with Twinks. It's one of my favorite combinations. Parrot was LE, so if you can find that, I'd get that.

Those are great lists. Your neutral palette looks like mine
smiles.gif

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
For your Neutral palette, I'd do Twinks, Brun, and Vanilla. Twinks is really pretty, a brownish plum color (on me, at least) and it blends like a DREAM. Brun and vanilla are really good staples, too. Trax looks really pretty with Twinks. It's one of my favorite combinations. Parrot was LE, so if you can find that, I'd get that.

Those are great lists. Your neutral palette looks like mine
smiles.gif

thanks....!!
thmbup.gif

i'm so getting Twinks and Trax....
yahoo.gif

:LOL:

ah.... that's why i couldn't find PARROT anywhere..... thx for the heads up...

oh really?? cool then ^^

chantelle8686

ooo wat cool collection so far...im very limited on my eye colors with MAC
but im looking at buying alot on napoleons stuff...equally as expensive and many colors are similar to MAC...so hopefully i can find some colors close if not...ill just have to buy online lol

Kiss and Makeup

No problem! I went to their website, I know they had Parrot on their Goodbye page, but it's been taken off. I couldn't find Big T either, and I don't know that color. If you're looking for another pretty blue, what about electric eel? It's a satin texture, one of my favorites, and it's pretty vivid.

couturesista

ITA with electric eel, its very vivid and pretty. Another blue is Belle Azure I'm so obsessed with this color but it was LE.

Kelly78

You could substitute Steamy for Parrot - I think they're pretty close. Or Shimmermoss or Aquidesiac (they're different though). Have fun!!

Shenanigans

You can create Parrot by mixing Electric Eel and Shimmermoss Eye Shadows. I find Steamy a lot different (lighter) than Parrot, although I can't think of a single shadow that would be close to it in the MAC line (there's a Maybelline shadow that is almost identical though.)

I have Twinks, Sable and Mulch, and they're all quite different from each other. I use Twinks in the crease with Sable on the lid, they have the same undertone so it looks really nice.

Big T was LE with C-Shock. =)

myystiqueen

ohh... thank you for all of your suggestions guys...

i'll be sure to get TWINKS soon, seeing the raves here........ ^^

makeba

Nice color interest indeed. when i started my eyeshadow collection i purchased two colors and built around them. i purchased expensive pink and sketch first. i love pairing the two colors with coppering.
expensive pink/coppering/sketch (crease)

Sanayhs

I actually really don't like Vanilla. I find it has sucky payoff. I go for Blanc Type! Blanc Type is matte2 and has fantastic payoff and texture. So wonderful.

Another great colour you don't have on your list is Knight Divine. Yummm...

Some colours I love from your list include Juxt, Humid, Freshwater, Electra, Coppering and Fig. 1.
greengrin.gif

myystiqueen

mmm... i'm thinking perhaps silver ring is better than knight divine cause it's a 'middle' color of carbon and electra?? i dunno...

happy1234

Can I just ask a quick question?

You know the vanilla pigment, is the eyeshadow called vanilla the same? or is it a different shade altogether as I cant decide which to go for.

Thanks

miss_bailey

Get ricepaper for your neutrals. I use it everyday almost. And it would be really pretty with your skintone.
Also dont bother with Trax, its awful.