MAC Eyeshadow Suggestion for a Newbie.

PeachTwist

Hiii girls!

So I've just really started getting into MAC. Like *really* into it, lol. Anyway, I got a new phone a couple weeks ago so I have decided to sell my old one on ebay. Looking around at the prices they're going for - I'm sure to get around £250 or so. £70 of that is claimed, which leaves me with £180 to play with.

17 eye shadows comes to £187 (I'm happy enough to add in the extra £7, haha)

I'm saying eye shadows because I never know what lipstick or blush to get. Plus, I have a TON of NYX lipsticks and I'm not huge on blush and have enough to satisfy me for the moment. My main thing is eyeshadow. I love it. I want every single one possible.

I currently have both the 88 palettes and the 28 neutral palette (both off of ebay rather than CS) 120 palette (ebay too), UD Naked Palette, UD BOS3 I<3NYC palette, all of the Sugar Pill quads... and that's roughly it, haha.

For MAC I have the following:

Steamy
Vanilla
Expensive Pink
Shadowy Lady
Deep Truth
Zingy
PP Quad

I'm definitely more of a colour girl than a netural girl. I love all colours. Pinks, purples, blues, greens, etc. Can you girls please recommend some for me?

I'd especially like it if you could name 2 or 3 that go together to make a good look. Unfortunately I SUCK at coming up with looks on my own!

Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably place the order within the next week so please help ASAP!
smiles.gif

mac_addict.gif
- yep.

Also, if you can think of any blushes/lipsticks that are a MUST. But more eye shadows than anything.

I currently have

Cunning
Aristo-Cat
Brave
Politely Pink
Vista

The only MAC blush I have is the Ripe Peach Blush Ombre. I'm very pale and so any that look good on pale skin would be nice. I don't know what shade I am in MAC as I don't have a counter near by and when I DID go to one I was matched incorrectly.

TIA!

foxyqt

For what you already have, I suggest;

- Club: beautiful brown with blue/green duochrome.. will look great with Steamy
- Gorgeous Gold or Goldmine: gold colors make stunning combinations with blues.. one of my favorite looks is combining Deep Truth + Steamy + Gorgeous Gold

I LOVE purples and greens! My favorite purples are: Beautiful Iris, Hepcat, Satellite Dreams, Nocturnelle, and Stars N' Rockets. The must-have greens IMO are Humid and its best friend Juxt!

^_^

LMD84

club
humid
aquadisiac
plum dressing
beautiful iris
winkle
black tied
silver ring
dazzlelight
gleam
amber lights

these should get you started!
smiles.gif

kittykit

My favourite eye shadows combination
Gold/Green: Gorgeous Gold + Humid
Purples: Beautiful Iris + Purple Haze
Blue: Tilt + Freshwater or Knight Divine

HTH
smiles.gif

LeopardLove

Parfait Amour, Beautiful Iris, Fresh Water, Pink Freeze, Humid

I think Espesso, Carbon, Black Tied, Satin Taupe, Electra, Bronze, Nylon, Goldmine, White Frost, Gorgeous Gold, and All That Glitters are good neutrals to have just to pair with brighter shades. For pale skin I think Pink Swoon would be the best blush to start with and for lipstick I'd try Hue or Angel!

geeko

For colors i would recommend
Gorgeous gold
Freshwater
Humid
Beautiful Iris
Violet pigment
Old Gold pigment
Fresh Green Mix MES
Odd couple MES
GoldMine
Aquadisiac
Steamy
Flashtrack / Deep truth
Parfait Amour
Stars N Rockets
Paradisco

Neutrals
All that glitters (I swear by this)
Naked Lunch
Woodwinked
Satin Taupe
Vanilla
Brule
Expresso
Ricepaper
Dazzlelight

The above eyeshadows are all regular colors

PeachTwist

Thanks so much for the ideas!

Anyone else have anything to add?
smiles.gif

Also - I LOVE how cute the pots are but because I'm going to be buying so many I'm wondering if maybe I should get my first MAC palette. I wouldn't really be able to organise it by colour yet as I won't have enough, but it would save £2 on each eye shadow (which adds up to get more
winks.gif
)

What do you guys think?

friedargh

I would definitely look into getting the pro pans as they are just so much easier to work with imo.

If you want to save extra money, maybe contemplate making your own palettes from cd cases etc (you can find tutorials on youtube).

Hilde

I own these personally exept aquadisiac which is on my wishlist, so I know and love them all.
smiles.gif
I avoided browns intentionally since you requested more colorful ones.

Aquadisiac
Vex
Juxt
Club
Seedy pearl
Swish
beautiful iris
Shimmermoss
Paradisco
Samoa silk( this one is quite special)
expensive pink
Tilt
Satin taupe(verging on neutral but it's purple and goes with colors. I even tried it with juxt and it looked good!)

Personally I have the 15 pan palette an I really like it. I only have two pot ones shimmermoss because of the cute packaging with the seashell and dazzlelight just because.

Latest posts