MAC Face and Body Foundation

karmachameleon

[h=2]I went to a MAC counter in Sydney to get matched for the Face & Body Foundation.
The SA tried a few on me and said that I need N4 but she didn't have any. I haven't been able to find this on any website. I emailed MAC in Australia but one year later still haven't received a reply. Any advice?[/h]

shellygrrl

Staff member
It was renamed to and rereleased as MAC Studio Face and Body earlier this year. EDIT: It's listed on the MAC Australia site. EDIT X2: But N4 isn't on the list of shades. If you want that shade specifically, you may need to call MAC Pro in Australia and order it that way. (I don't believe N4 is discontinued. Just a Pro colour.)

karmachameleon

Ok, thanks, that's great advice. I did use the MAC Australia website to place an enquiry but I did not hear back. Are you saying MAC Pro is a different site?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Sort of but not really, if that makes sense? You have the regular MAC website, plus counters and freestanding stores that have products available. (Of the three, online has the widest selection.) Then you have MAC Pro stores which have those same products as well as shades and different products supposedly not available to non-Pro customers. There is also a Pro website, but non-Pros can't access it. It doesn't mean we can't get Pro products, though. You can walk into a Pro store and buy product. You can also call a Pro store and order product. If you call, you'll have to pay for shipping. You also don't get the 40% discount given to Pros.

karmachameleon

Riiiight! I think things are a bit simpler in Australia. I will, however, try and contact MAC Pro to see if I can solve the mystery. Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

karmachameleon

MAC USA replied to me overnight! N4 has been discontinued. They recommend getting a mix of N3 and N5 made up by them. I'm wondering if anyone has used this system of custom blending before?

Dolly Snow

MAC USA replied to me overnight! N4 has been discontinued. They recommend getting a mix of N3 and N5 made up by them. I'm wondering if anyone has used this system of custom blending before?
It is more common than you think. Many people mix foundations for the perfect match.

sagehen

I mix C7 and C9 to get C8. Although they have recently dc'd C7 in the 120mL bottle, so not sure what I will do now. IT is just ridiculous to buy the 50mL bottle, so I may look elsewhere. I loved C7 to mix with C9 F&B and to mix with other foundations which were too red for me (which is most foundations for WOC).

karmachameleon

thanks for that reply. I'm wondering why MAC d'cs so much? I understand the necessities of doing business but as other threads attest it does upset a lot of people. I guess buying two bottles of foundation to mix doesn't seem very practical to me - I would just find another brand.

Latest posts