MAC Faerie Whispers Collection (Dec 23 / 26, 2015)

BeautyFan55

I would really love to see swatches of the beauty/iridescent powders. I hope I can use one of the highlighters from this collection. I know Pearl Sunshine was out with the Barbie collection, but I haven’t been able to find pics on WOC. I will try to go see this collection in person, I am iffy on the shadows. I may just try a couple for the formula. Among the Fireflies is a must, as well as the darker gloss.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Among The Fireflies is perfection on T, makes me wish I had a warmer complexion. I know it would look too brown and dark on me for my liking.
Spellbinder does look pretty, I'm getting it. But now I'm not sure about Cheek Pollen anymore... Any pale ladies getting that one?
And Karen's swatches make me want the Beauty Powder again and even the Iridescent Powder looks good there.

hitchcockblonde

Among The Fireflies is perfection on T, makes me wish I had a warmer complexion. I know it would look too brown and dark on me for my liking.
Spellbinder does look pretty, I'm getting it. But now I'm not sure about Cheek Pollen anymore... Any pale ladies getting that one?
And Karen's swatches make me want the Beauty Powder again and even the Iridescent Powder looks good there.

This pale lady is not getting Cheek Pollen anymore, looks way darker than I expected on T and Karen. I'm pretty disappointed because I've been loving nude type blushes recently but this one probably won't work for me. Definitely getting Spellbinder now though, especially since it has @erine1881's approval.

Corally

Hm.. not too impressed with Midsummer Night.

I think my final list is:
Pearl Sunshine beauty powder
Cheek Pollen blush
Spellbinder blush
Among the Fireflies l/s

leonah

this will be expensive for me :( my list is kind of long. going to get all powders (blushes+iridiscent+beauty) and maybe one or two lipsticks depending on more swatches. interested in the sprinkle of magic and midsummer night but not sure yet. can't wait :D

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This pale lady is not getting Cheek Pollen anymore, looks way darker than I expected on T and Karen. I'm pretty disappointed because I've been loving nude type blushes recently but this one probably won't work for me. Definitely getting Spellbinder now though, especially since it has @erine1881's approval.

Yeah, I might have to skip it, too. Looks too much on the warm side, I thought it would be more neutral.

AnitaK

I am actually surprised with the blushes. I was gonna skip since I thought it would have been too light for me. But looking at the swatches, I am now thinking it may work...I am intrigued now.

Kaidan

I agree about Cheek Pollen, it looks too warm. I was planning on getting it along with Spellbinder, but I'll go for the latter instead.

Final list:
Spellbinder blush
Pearl Sunshine beauty powder

Maybes:
A Sprinkle of Magic lipstick
Sparkling Rose iridescent powder

flowerflower

I am light skinned with warm undertones and this whole collection is perfect for my complexion. I am getting all 4 lipsticks and cheek pollen. A sprinkle of magic reminds me a lot of dainty cake from the high tea collection years and years ago.

Rinstar

Spellbinder and Calypso Beat for me. A Sprinkle of Magic is tempting, but I am trying to start being a little more reasonable about my makeup purchases. I have so much sitting here that I hardly ever wear.

Marsha Pomells

Looks like I'm pretty much staying away from the majority of this collection

Among the Fireflies looks like a pretty nude but I don't need it.

It looks gorgeous, I'm gonna have to sleep on it. I do want enchanter, though.