MAC Faerie Whispers Collection (Dec 23 / 26, 2015)

NATlar

Not the best picture of it but wearing "Among the Fireflies" today with Stripdown lipliner... I totally love it even considering a BU but I've spent far too much on MAC this month :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 803
Last edited:

lilinah

I got too much from this collection, which in some ways is ok, since i didn't buy much from most of collections this year except MAC is Beauty and M•A•Cnificent Me!

Gossamer Wing Lipstick - i seem to be on a nude lip kick - i'm wearing either nude or really really dark lips

Foiled Eye Shadows in
Sweet Illusion - Light neutral color
Fly By Twilight - Taupe
Fairy Land - Warm champagne
Joy Toy - Pink Copper
Magic in Your Eyes - Soft Lilac
I was originally not going to get JT and MIYE, but they both swatched really nice.

Sparkling Rose Iridescent Pressed Powder

Cheek Pollen and Pearl Sunshine were too warm for me and CP was also too dark. Spellbinder was pretty but i'm not a big blush wearer. (i do wear highlighters)

I forgot to check out the face brush, which i was potentially interested in, but i'm guessing it's not going to be flying off the shelves.

My local MAC had a lot of products left from so many of the collections from the past 3 months! I asked and was told that they just aren't moving very fast. I suspect it's because MAC has been putting so many repromotes and easily duped colors into many of the collections.

Rinstar

My local MAC had a lot of products left from so many of the collections from the past 3 months! I asked and was told that they just aren't moving very fast. I suspect it's because MAC has been putting so many repromotes and easily duped colors into many of the collections.

That's what I thought... someone in a thread the other day said something like "isn't it nice that MAC is putting out more stock so that there isn't that sellout rush", but I think they haven't really increased stock, they aren't making anything super unique right that people are scrambling for.

Ode

I bought Cheek Pollen and Among The Fireflies... I have to say I am disappointed! I didn't expect anything spectacular but CP is just like Linda on me and ATF is the same as Royally Riotous from Veluxe A Trois!!! I think I may have to try Spellbinder in store, think it could be too light on me. Glad everyone else is enjoying this collection though! :)

Monsy

Is it softer than the 168? I consider that one kind of scratchy so I only want the 133 if it's softer.

nope it is very soft. my 168 is soft too I can't really complain. All of my white mac brushes are soft I never had a problem before.
Someone else might be more helpful with this one.

Marsha Pomells

I bought Cheek Pollen and Among The Fireflies... I have to say I am disappointed! I didn't expect anything spectacular but CP is just like Linda on me and ATF is the same as Royally Riotous from Veluxe A Trois!!! I think I may have to try Spellbinder in store, think it could be too light on me. Glad everyone else is enjoying this collection though! :)

Ode, thank you for confirming my skip of ATF. I knew there was something about, the moment Nat first swatched it.

BeautyFan55

Ode, thank you for confirming my skip of ATF. I knew there was something about, the moment Nat first swatched it.

I bought ATF too, it basically makes my lips disappear. It is not as brown as I thought either, it has a mauvey undertone. If I knew what it looked like I would have skipped. I didn't get RR from Veluxe though.

Marsha Pomells

I bought ATF too, it basically makes my lips disappear. It is not as brown as I thought either, it has a mauvey undertone. If I knew what it looked like I would have skipped. I didn't get RR from Veluxe though.

I got RR from Veluxe, and I was pretty disappointed with it. It was like I just chucked on a bit on concealer on my lips. I thought ATF would be an interesting brown, or even possibly nicer than Photo and Antique Velvet... And Photo is a beautiful brown. ATF is just RR with a fancier name.

Ode

image.jpg

Here are some swatches Marsha, ATF at the bottom and RR on top. I'm NC37-40 for reference. ATF seems slightly milky here but they really are identical, I almost forgot which was which in my swatches.

Ode

image.jpg

I thought this may help others too, Cheek Pollen at the bottom and Linda at the top.

Corally

The collection has finally launched today! In the end I only got Among the Fireflies. I spent too much on the Rituals and H&M sale and ATF was the only musthave for me so yeah. It should be here Tuesday. :eek:

SleepingBeauty

This collection is just 'meh' to me. MAC didn't really put any effort into it, it seems. Good for me, though. Money saved. ;)

Marsha Pomells

View attachment 50940

Here are some swatches Marsha, ATF at the bottom and RR on top. I'm NC37-40 for reference. ATF seems slightly milky here but they really are identical, I almost forgot which was which in my swatches.

Nice one, Ode. Not regretting skipping now, Vande would be proud of me.

This collection is just 'meh' to me. MAC didn't really put any effort into it, it seems. Good for me, though. Money saved. ;)

I was looking forward to a few bits from this collection. But after I've seen swatches, I'm glad that I inadvertently skipped it. Money saved for essentials and my overflowing Sephora basket ;)

B

Buffy89

Just ordered Sparkling Rose. I'm not sure about the rest. Since I cannot leave the house because I received a sick note at the doctor's today, I can't have a look at the counter until next week. I don't know how many items are sold IRL, but at least here, nobody's really freaking out because of this collection, huh?