MAC fakes

hwangsara

First, I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I really don't understand why there are so many MAC fakes. Is it because of its popularity? If you compare prices of MAC products to high end and drug store products, I think MAC is reasonable. An eyeshadow is $11-$12 while a drugstore can be anywhere between $0.99 to $10 and that's a palette! If you buy Bobbi Brown, it's about $20. Look at the price differences! I think if anything, there would be more fakes in Bobbi Brown, make up forever, Lancome, etc. Am I crazy or what? MAC having all these fakes! When I look at the price difference, I rather save myself the trouble and go to an authentic dealer and pay the extra money. The only MAC fakes I do understand are the brushes! They are really really really really really expensive!

redambition

It's not just MAC - many high end brands are counterfeited. It's also not restricted to just makeup.

It's a problem the world over, and there's not much to do but try to educate people not to purchase these items. As long as there is a market these counterfeit items will continue to be produced.

hwangsara

Really!? There other fakes besides MAC. I never heard of them. Only this forum has a forum all about fakes. What other brands are being faked?

Hilde

I think I've seen bobbi brown brush sets on eBay that are fake, and plenty of MAC stuff. If you buy something and see it's fake you can open a case, but I'm not sure how easy it is to see always. I think it's totally lame.
ssad.gif
I think buyers just have to be extra careful.

kalz

Most fake cosmetics produced are still MAC even though there are alot of fakes out there especially the high end brands. I mean look at those fake mac, they can produced so ridiculously fast that after a collection has been released, within a month or so there are tons of them(fakes) flying around. But do you see chanel,dior,makeupforever lancome, too faced, urban decay have that much fakes? These brands cannot be compared to MAC.

hwangsara

I think you are absolutely right. This is what I go by when I buy from ebay: if it's too good to be true
, then it's a fake. I rather buy from a CCO or department rather be frustrated and deal with a fake. It's so much work to file things either with ebay or paypal. It's a pain in the buttocks!

redambition

Really!? There other fakes besides MAC. I never heard of them. Only this forum has a forum all about fakes. What other brands are being faked?
Chanel and Bobbi Brown are two that I am aware of. I'm sure there's more out there being passed off as other brands too.

BellaItalia1969

Hiya
smiles.gif

One if my fav brands BeneFit has been faked and is sold in vast amounts on eBay!Some of it comes from dubious source judging by www.ioffer.com listings!
I have seen the fake BeneFit Coralista,with major spelling error,Coralisla?The fake outer packaging was abs attrocious,really bad quality paper,smeary print,corners were coming apart
I had my Dandelion for over a year now,it has been bashed about in my makeup bag,and it still holds together really well!The worse fake BeneFit, i have seen ,was Dr.Feelgood,which suppose to be a matifying product!The fake was so greasy,and it gave my mate a really bad breakout!She was not even aware it was a copy until she went to Boots,BeneFit counter to compere it (as seller had 100%positive feedback)!The replica Dr.Feelgood,was gross,and really did not give my mate the FEELGOOD feeling!
Yet people bought it cos sellers says on auction that these are "seconds"hence they are so cheap !£4.99 for something that normally retails in my store for £23.50!Worth remembering if Im correct that in UK,BeneFit,wholesale to authorised department stores such as House of Fraser,Boots,Debenhams, and distribution houses :)Therefore if you see a seller with lots of BeneFit,items and copied images off Benefit website i would exercise caution!Common sense is key.
ohthedrama4vi.gif

PS.I feel very strongly about counterfeits but especially make up,you buy fake Gucci or Prada bag,it may not give you a nasty rash ...apart from dent in your wallet,but fake make up is just baaaaaaad!

BellaItalia1969

Hiya Red
smiles.gif

Bobbi Brown,lipgloss are my other addiction and the fakes ive seen are especially bad.The packaging is nothing even remotely like the real B.B!!The fake B.B shades could star in a horror movie!such variety!