MAC False Lashes Collection (December 26, 2013)

Addict4MAC

[h=2]Advanced sale Wednesday, November 27, 2013 until Friday, November 29, 2013 at Macy’s counters and online store. Available December 19, 2013 (Online), December 26, 2013 (North America) & February 2014 (International) at MAC Stores.[/h] [h=2]False Lashes Mascara ($21 USD / $25 CAD)[/h]
  • False Black: Black
  • Counterfeit Brown: Mauvey brown
  • Blue Charge: Bright mid-tone blue
  • Artificial Aubergine: Eggplant
  • Plum Reserve: Plum

http://www.beautezine.com/mac-false-lashes-collection-for-winter-2013-photos-information/

OctoberViolet

[h=2]Advanced sale Wednesday, November 27, 2013 until Friday, November 29, 2013 at Macy’s counters and online store. Available December 19, 2013 (Online), December 26, 2013 (North America) & February 2014 (International) at MAC Stores.[/h] [h=2]False Lashes Mascara ($21 USD / $25 CAD)[/h]
  • False Black: Black
  • Counterfeit Brown: Mauvey brown
  • Blue Charge: Bright mid-tone blue
  • Plum Reserve: Plum

http://www.beautezine.com/mac-false-lashes-collection-for-winter-2013-photos-information/
Thank you for starting the thread Addict4MAC! Has anyone ever used False Lashes Mascara before? I am considering buying the blue one as I have a purple (not opened yet) from Maybelline.

MACina

I am only interested in

because I still have a BU Plum Reserve and Blue Charge.Have already used up one tube of each and really liked them.

lilinah

I got Zoom Fast Lash in Plum Reserve - Light violet purple - and in New Hue - Blackened burgundy from the Beth Ditto collection. I'm happy with the colors.

How does the False Lashes formula differ?

I'm considering picking up Counterfeit Brown - Mauvey brown - and Artificial Aubergine.

erine1881

I got Zoom Fast Lash in Plum Reserve - Light violet purple - and in New Hue - Blackened burgundy from the Beth Ditto collection. I'm happy with the colors.   How does the False Lashes formula differ?   I'm considering picking up Counterfeit Brown - Mauvey brown - and Artificial Aubergine.
False lash gives more length and slight curl, IMO, tho MAC says it gives more volume than length. I like that i can curl my lashes after applying it, which is something that i MUST have with a mascara, and that's not what Zoom gives me. Zoom is really wet as well, and works best after a week or two after opening. I like zoom in my bottom lashes tho, i will give it that.

MRV

I got FL just recently. Before it I was using a mascara that was very volumizing compared to FL. When I put FL on for the first time, it was like nothing! I hope it comes a bit thicker in time. It can be layered though. The brush is ok, but for some reason it's harder to do the left eye.

I don't think I will be considering these as I need my mascara WP.

liba

I like False Lashes on me, but it's more of a chore to remove than some other formulas. I find it mostly give me volume, but I never use a lash curler. On me, the look is similar to Haute 'n Naughty, but H&N has the handy smaller brush for the lower lashes. I'm using Extended Play right now and I miss my False Lashes in comparison. For natural looking mascara, I still like Opulash the best, because it's so easy to remove, but for more va-va-voom lashes, FL works well.

I adore colored mascara and wear it very often, especially in the sunny months, and the new colors sound really nice, so I'm going to stock up.

liba

I got FL just recently. Before it I was using a mascara that was very volumizing compared to FL. When I put FL on for the first time, it was like nothing! I hope it comes a bit thicker in time. It can be layered though. The brush is ok, but for some reason it's harder to do the left eye.

I don't think I will be considering these as I need my mascara WP.
What were you using before False Lashes?

jaeljasmine

So I really do like the FL mascara... But since maybe High School I've never been into the colored mascara. Do people use it for everyday wear? Does it look good or too out there?
I'd like input... Please!

mosha010

I got the aubergine and the plum. I wasn't sold on the blue because mainly I want the blue from iconic

MACina

I got the aubergine and the plum. I wasn't sold on the blue because mainly I want the blue from iconic
Hope that you will like them
smiles.gif

Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on Artificial Aubergine!

MRV

What were you using before False Lashes?
RMK Separate Curl Mascara. I tend to always buy a new mascara, maybe once or twice I have used two tubes of the same in a row. Still looking for the HG one... The one I liked the most - Kanebo Kate Dollish Long Mascara WP was d/c years ago.

liba

Wonder if the WP is somehow different from the regular one? I don't have any problems in removing the WP. I use L'Oréal's bi-tone remover.

RMK Separate Curl Mascara. I tend to always buy a new mascara, maybe once or twice I have used two tubes of the same in a row. Still looking for the HG one... The one I liked the most - Kanebo Kate Dollish Long Mascara WP was d/c years ago.
I really like a mascara I don't need to bust out the bi-phase eye makeup remover for - that I can just remove with the cream makeup remover I use for the rest of my face. Opulash was always best for that. The wetter mascaras like FL and H&N, I have to use eye makeup remover for, no matter what. Just personal preference.

erine1881

So I really do like the FL mascara... But since maybe High School I've never been into the colored mascara. Do people use it for everyday wear? Does it look good or too out there? I'd like input... Please!
Absolutely! It's great for everyday use on the bottom lashes or to tip the top lashes, especially if you use a colour that complements your eye colour.

MACGirl13

I am looking forward to trying the colored mascaras. I just purchased the Plum Reserve and Counterfeit Brown and a backup of each of them. A few years back, Estée Lauder had Sumptuous in Copper and Garnet and they were my favorite and I had several back-ups of each color. I am down to my last copper one and I wish they still had both. I also have the violet from EL. But not a favorite.