MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

luvlydee

Silly girl lipstick is looking lighter than what i expected. I might need to add that to my list.
I already own heroine so i might get a back up. Not sure yet.
Heroine liner is still on my list
Also silly girl eyeshadow (to complete my pink palette)
And ablaze eyeshadow depending on the pigmentation of it

Mac4Megan

I can't get any color payoff. I''ve scraped off the top layer, tried dry, wet, packed and packed it on my brush, and I only get a slight bruise like tinge on my lid. I only keep it cause I love to look at the color in my palette. If you have any suggestions to get the color to show up I would love to hear them.
WHAT!? :blink:

erine1881

I can't get any color payoff. I''ve scraped off the top layer, tried dry, wet, packed and packed it on my brush, and I only get a slight bruise like tinge on my lid. I only keep it cause I love to look at the color in my palette. If you have any suggestions to get the color to show up I would love to hear them.
Well you most definitely DO NOT want to use any pressed shadow wet! That'll ruin em right there! This was swatched with a qtip...
96fbff07_image.jpeg
Mattes are tricky to use as the main colour. They work best when blended on top of another colour, such as in the crease or outer corner.

DILLIGAF

Mattes are tricky to use as the main colour. They work best when blended on top of another colour, such as in the crease or outer corner.
I'm going to try a q-tip too, because this shadow and I have been at war since day1. I really really want it to work because I love the color!

Copperhead

I wonder how the Heroine e/s compares to MAC's Royale e/s (which I have). Royale e/s from the Fall Colour Collection (Cindy Sherman).

DILLIGAF

I wonder how the Heroine e/s compares to MAC's Royale e/s. Royale e/s from the Fall Colour Collection (Cindy Sherman)
Royal was a color that I loved. Based on the pictures that I've seen in this thread Heroine e/s looks most smiliar to Royale or Cobolt.

LAKESHA1908

HMMMMM....

My List:

Heroine l/s l/g 2 l/l
Silly l/s l/g l/l
Embrace Me l/s l/g

I am spending the bulk of my money on ED II and Baking Beauties....

ChosenOne

I'm hoping that once swatches start coming out, I'll feel like I don't NEED EM l/s. It will be interesting to see it compared to colors like Show Orchid and Quick Sizzle, both of which I have and love. Anyone think this lippie will be dupeable?

aradhana

i take it that is violet trance?
i had the same problem as megan...i ended up b2m-ing mine, because i gave up on trying to make it appear not patchy. i wasn't using it wet, mind you, but i had tried over a base and what not without much luck.

erine1881

i take it that is violet trance? i had the same problem as megan...i ended up b2m-ing mine, because i gave up on trying to make it appear not patchy. i wasn't using it wet, mind you, but i had tried over a base and what not without much luck.
:nods: yup. That's VT. I use it all over for a smokey look, in the outer corner, in the crease, as liner, everything! I don't have any problems! :dunno:

princess sarah

In case anyone needs to see a larger and close up, here is my swatch comparison with (in order)

Violetta, Strong Women & Heroine

And Process Magenta Chromagraphic, Pink Pigeon Lippy and Embrace Me Pencil

GlamQueen21

I do hope that Heroine e/s will not be like Violet Trance. I have swatched that eyeshadow at my CCO and completely passed on it due the texture not being what I hoped for. .

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the swatches, Aquamarine1543!
bouquet.gif
Everything looks beautiful!
heart.gif

It may sound crazy, but I hope I will keep calm and check only the liners. I have way too many lippies already.
tong.gif

califabulous

Heroine l/s and l/p
Embrace me l/s and l/p
I'll take a look at silly but not sure...

I am only buying mac lipsticks in must have colors AND in matte finish since the others make my lips peel. No back ups for me. I will never use what I have. It's taken me one year to finish blankety. I think I had shy girl for 2+ years before I B2M'd it and I still had some left but it was sooo melted. darn cremesheens

Gatton

So far I only have the Heroine lipstick and liner on my list... May change when swatches come out, but I don't have a lot of money to spend sadly, so I'll have to stay picky!