MAC Fashion Sets discussion

MRV

Do you have liners from different brands? Maybe it's some sort of ingredient in the liner that causes the reaction.

Weren't there any other MA's that could help you? I hope you can still get your back up.
Yes, I have some. It's possible, although I'm not allergic to anything (I know of). I think it's mostly due to sensitiveness and dryness.

Our Mac is so small that they often have only one person, esp. during the daytime. However, I did get my BU on Wed (it's my first BU for a lippie, and I have many l/s); I have no problem going to Mac since my office is in less than 100 meters from the counter!

MACerette

Yes, I have some. It's possible, although I'm not allergic to anything (I know of). I think it's mostly due to sensitiveness and dryness.

Our Mac is so small that they often have only one person, esp. during the daytime. However, I did get my BU on Wed (it's my first BU for a lippie, and I have many l/s); I have no problem going to Mac since my office is in less than 100 meters from the counter!
sigh.gif
Lucky bird!
Which l/s did you BU?

MACerette

Woohoo. I'm actually considering BU that one as well. Not sure yet... Also thinking about a backup for Heroine and Watch me Simmer from Reel Sexy...
th_dunno.gif

Pinkdollface

I'm glad you were able to get your BU! It's nice to have a Mac close to you especially when there's only one MA working. I hope you find a way to make the lipliner work:)

PeachTwist

My order with Spice l/s arrived today. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it though.

I wore it today quickly, had to blot because it just seemed too much on my skin and I added the tiniest amount of Woo Me KLC on top to try and lighten it a tad.

I'm not 100% sure if I like it or not, it's seeming to have quite a lot of an orange tint to it... or is that just me? On some people it looked like it had a pink tint. :(

rockin

My order with Spice l/s arrived today. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it though.

I wore it today quickly, had to blot because it just seemed too much on my skin and I added the tiniest amount of Woo Me KLC on top to try and lighten it a tad.

I'm not 100% sure if I like it or not, it's seeming to have quite a lot of an orange tint to it... or is that just me? On some people it looked like it had a pink tint. :(

Spice looks brown on me - I don't see any pink tint at all. I also had to blot it to tone it down

PeachTwist

Spice looks brown on me - I don't see any pink tint at all. I also had to blot it to tone it down
It's definitely brown on me with some type of orange tinge to it. I don't remember where I saw the swatch of it looking more pink on someone, sigh. It's definitely a colour I'll have to work with to be happy with it.

Spanky

My order with Spice l/s arrived today.  I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it though. I wore it today quickly, had to blot because it just seemed too much on my skin and I added the tiniest amount of Woo Me KLC on top to try and lighten it a tad. I'm not 100% sure if I like it or not, it's seeming to have quite a lot of an orange tint to it... or is that just me?  On some people it looked like it had a pink tint. :(
Love ur picture. I think Spice looks great on you! I'm sorry your not happy with it. When I look at the picture it seems to pull a little pink & I thinknit just really works with your skin tone. I don't quite know about mine either. I loved in the store & the rest of that day when I wore it. But now I feel like my the rest of my MU doesn't match it. I feel badly that u don't like it b/c I was telling u to give it a try. I hope that u warm up to it.

PeachTwist

I feel badly that u don't like it b/c I was telling u to give it a try. I hope that u warm up to it.
Thank you. Don't feel bad at all! Honestly, it was my choice to buy it. :)

Yeah I loved the swatches I saw, but it just appeared so much darker on my skintone than I was expecting... even overly blotting it, it seemed too dark still. I'm wondering if maybe I just dab it on and blend out with finger if that'll help. I agree though - I don't think I really have much that matches it.

Have you found different lipliners make it appear any different? I'm going to see if maybe I line/fill in my lips with maybe a pink colour it'll give it more of a pink tint, maybe? Lol

Pinkdollface

Thank you. Don't feel bad at all! Honestly, it was my choice to buy it. :)

Yeah I loved the swatches I saw, but it just appeared so much darker on my skintone than I was expecting... even overly blotting it, it seemed too dark still. I'm wondering if maybe I just dab it on and blend out with finger if that'll help. I agree though - I don't think I really have much that matches it.

Have you found different lipliners make it appear any different? I'm going to see if maybe I line/fill in my lips with maybe a pink colour it'll give it more of a pink tint, maybe? Lol
I'm sorry that you're not 100% happy with Spice. I think the pink lipliner is a good idea to try though. Maybe something like dervish or whirl would work. Om me it doesn't look orange at all but more pink. Weird how it can look so different on you.

MACerette

I'm sorry that you're not 100% happy with Spice. I think the pink lipliner is a good idea to try though. Maybe something like dervish or whirl would work. Om me it doesn't look orange at all but more pink. Weird how it can look so different on you.
Probably different lip pigmentation or just a different skin tone / undertone/

Spanky

Love ur picture. I think Spice looks great on you! I'm sorry your not happy with it. When I look at the picture it seems to pull a little pink
Thank you.  Don't feel bad at all!  Honestly, it was my choice to buy it.  :) Yeah I loved the swatches I saw, but it just appeared so much darker on my skintone than I was expecting... even overly blotting it, it seemed too dark still.  I'm wondering if maybe I just dab it on and blend out with finger if that'll help.  I agree though - I don't think I really have much that matches it. Have you found different lipliners make it appear any different?  I'm going to see if maybe I line/fill in my lips with maybe a pink colour it'll give it more of a pink tint, maybe? Lol
I tried a Rimmel pink LL, I think in rose??? & then I put some Datenight DG over it & liked that combo...but far from love! Argh! If u find something that works let me know. But honestly I think it really looks great on you w/ your skintone! Maybe we're just trying to make an Autumn color into something for Summer??? Unhappy in Spice- but not alone!

Spanky

#1 for me, is actually Port Red .  But I have not tried Heartless and I am hopeful Ruffian Red will be all that.
IMO heartless is MEH I only tried it once and it's in its box now :(
Is Port Red perm? I dont think I've ever seen any pix. I just bought Heartless at a CCO & I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to like Spice & GAT. GAT just does NOT work for me, I'm so annoyed that I thought it looked good enough on me to actually wear n public!?! & like most of the other fair skinned maidens here I'm just trying to make the Spice work, perhaps for it's a nice Fall color & we'll all fall for it.

Spanky

For all us red lovers we're gonna have a LOT of action w/ Marilyn! But what's the word with the Ruffian collx someone mentioned a Ruffian Red??? What to I need to know, w/o getting involved in another thread that I'm going 2 go bonkers for? Thanks.