MAC Fix Plus Spray ?

Anneri

I just bought my first bottle, and have to use it yet - I'm really curious how it'll work out with e/s, pigments and blushes for me!

aeroerin

I just got my first Fix+ yesterday (I like it so far!) and I read earlier that Erin said you shouldn't let it touch your powder products except for MES/MSF/MB because of the bacteria growth... does that mean that if you wet your brush before you touch the MSF etc, it won't destroy the product? I would probably just spray afterward anyway, but I saw that Koren did it in this way in his Fix+ video.

equus18

I use it everyday before I moisturize my face. I spray about twice then I apply my moisturizer with sunscreen. Sometimes if I am using eyeshadow pigments, I dip my brush in pig then I spray Fix+ on the brush to avoid fallout. Fix+ also makes pigment colors more intense.

On hot summer days, I have this in my purse, my son likes to mist his face because of the heat LOL

markeesi

I like to use my Fix+ with MSFs and MBs (just my Colour Craft ones, I don't think Sonic Chic blushes need this). I also use it with pigments and MES (mostly with my Style Black ones).

I really don't think Fix+ could be substituted with water. Fix+ has glycerin in it, which is known for its hydrating qualities, and if I would to spray water on my face, my face would dry out instantly. It's like licking your lips when they're chapped. At least on my face anyway because it's prone to dryness, can't say how water would work for ppl with oily skin.

However I'm sure there are a lot cheaper alternatives for Fix+, the ingredients don't seem to be expensive or complex at all.

m4dswine

Fix+ is one of the things I cannot live without!! I decant into a smaller spray bottle that a) has a better spray and b) is within hand luggage regs but I am never without that wee bottle!!
I have 2 back ups in the drawer as well....

I use it for blending concealer into my foundation (just apply to my 130 brush and dawb around) and for setting my make up when I'm done to get rid of the powdery finish and help my make up stick!

LittleMaryJane

Does a bottle last a while?

I'm debating whether or not I need this because I use Hourglass primer and that stuff is a freaking godsend.. My makeup stays in place all day. So, I'm thinking I don't need it? The idea of making my shadows and pigments more vibrant does appeal to me, though--is it a huge difference?

maclovin baby

I love using Fix + with my pigments ,no fallout
smiles.gif

miss rochelle

another one here that likes to use fix+ before moisturizer, and after makeup. i like using after i wash my face at night, too. gets rid of that tightened skin from washing feel.
smiles.gif

Nej

I bought this awhile ago and use it almost everyday. I like how it kind of de-polishes my face if you know what I mean. I wear a lot of make-up (to look natural of course
winks.gif
) and it kind of diffuses everything to make it a little softer.

That said I won't be buying it again for 3 reasons

1) Caffeine, with daily use the collagen destroying properties worry me
2) Worn under foundation it makes my face sticky and I can feel it on there all day
3) I prefer Urban Decay's "All-Nighter" spray:
smiles.gif

Redaddict

I love it. I use it daily after putting on my makeup to get rid of that powdery, mask-like look. I had Revlon colorstay foundation which I hated because it looked so heavy and fake but I have found that I can wear it now and it looks natural if I spritz fix+ over it. To be honest, I don't know if plain evian spray would do the same thing as I have never tried it.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nej
I bought this awhile ago and use it almost everyday. I like how it kind of de-polishes my face if you know what I mean. I wear a lot of make-up (to look natural of course
winks.gif
) and it kind of diffuses everything to make it a little softer.

That said I won't be buying it again for 3 reasons

1) Caffeine, with daily use the collagen destroying properties worry me
2) Worn under foundation it makes my face sticky and I can feel it on there all day
3) I prefer Urban Decay's "All-Nighter" spray:
smiles.gif

Does the all nighter have caffeine? Does it really hold up all day? Curious minds want to know if its all that because it ain't cheap mama!

ILoveMakeup84

I have a question about this. The spray thingy is really closed so when I spray it it only sprays to one part instead of to the whole face. I don't know if I am making any sense but I thought it was open enough that it will spray my whole face at once. How do you use it then?

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84
I have a question about this. The spray thingy is really closed so when I spray it it only sprays to one part instead of to the whole face. I don't know if I am making any sense but I thought it was open enough that it will spray my whole face at once. How do you use it then?

I don't care for the nozzle at all, so I just transfer it into a smaller spray bottle. It works a lot better for me that way.

Misoxx

I have Fix+ and love it when I use it. I think its definatley worth trying if you use a heavy matte finish foundation, or use a powder on top of liquid foundation, as it gets rid of the large cakeyness and makes it look more like your own skin.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
I recently bought a fix+ rose & a travel size fix+ (Which I carry around in my purse so I can have it anytime
smiles.gif
!) and it's a good product but honestly I don't see how it's /that/ special. I think water would do the same trick. I love using it after foundation and powder to get rid of the chalkyness and it does give me a nice glow but that's about it.

Since I bought it for $10 I would definitely buy again but probably not for full retail price. Fix+ rose smells a LOT better than the original fix+.

Where did you get the travel size?

SyLLyGrL

in addition to the nice glow and gettin rid of cakeyness mentioned above, i swear it makes my makeup last longer and in place during the day.

LorraineER

I have a question for you guys-
specktra_rocks.gif

I wanted to pick up Fix+ but I have Urban Decay's De-Slick setting spray. Should I pass on the Fix+? Are they similar?
Thanks!