MAC Flamingo Park Collection (Jan. 28, 2016)

rockin

OMG, my thoughts EXACTLY regarding "Flocking Fabulous." I see no red in it whatsoever LOL. It kind of reminds me of "Toying Around" but I haven't actually compared them so I could be totally off as usual lol. I wore FF to work yesterday and it pulled more orange than pink on me (at least in my job's lighting) but my skin brings out the orange in all my makeup for some unfortunate reason. I wanted to take pics of the four lipsticks I got but it's gloomy as f--- as usual -_- Still wondering if I should get "Be Silly" or not.

Thank you for this. Since Burmese Kiss looked really orange on me, despite looking very pink on some people, I think I'll have to give Flocking Fabulous a miss, just in case that does the same. Shame, because I liked the description, and the name of course. Still, I guess it's money saved.

Marsha Pomells

Thank you for this. Since Burmese Kiss looked really orange on me, despite looking very pink on some people, I think I'll have to give Flocking Fabulous a miss, just in case that does the same. Shame, because I liked the description, and the name of course. Still, I guess it's money saved.

I found using a blue liner will tone down the intensity of Burmese Kiss. I found it on the bright side, especially when I rarely wear corals/pinks.

stirfryedshana

Thank you so much for these extensive comparison swatches, it must have taken quite some time and effort, much appreciated:flowers:!

I am glad to see The Fashion Flock is not as orange as Reel Sexy! I have quite a few of the lippies you swatched and I need to pull them out and start wearing them, thanks for bringing them to my attention again! Burmese Kiss is really lovely on you too. I'm guessing these types of shades are your favourite, you have a great collection! I love a lot of shades, but fuchsia's are my favourite!

Corals are definitely my favorites! I have a ridiculous amount of them lol...I didn't swatch some of my corals like Dreaming Dahlia, La Vie En Rouge, and other oranger ones like that. I also lost two of my favs--Watch Me Simmer and Toying Around. I can't find them anywhere and it's driving me nuts lol!

Swatching all these made me want to pull them out and wear them more as well! I do wear Reel Sexy, Make Me Gorgeous, and Sushi Kiss a lot normally.

montREALady

Annnnnd I need this! Great swatches and you look fab!
Thanks. It's pretty!

^^Ughhh! The struggle!
Girl!

Hmmm now I'm wondering if I should skip Be Silly? I have No Faux Pas, Viva Glam Miley 1, Happy Go Lucky (from Playland), Kelly Yum Yum and a few other similar colors...I have a ton of stuff I want from this collection but I can only buy stuff every few weeks which sucks! Be Silly was next up on my list but I think I might hold off on it now at least.
I brought my Oh My! with me today to do swatch comparisons in store. Too bad NFP wasn't perm because I'd do a comparison. I don't own that one.

this looks amazing on you!
Thanks so much!

I haven't seen many nail swatches.

Miami (3 coats):

View attachment 51967

Miami with 1 coat of Spoonfui of Sugar:

View attachment 51968
Pretty, ashley_rudder also has this on her page:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBLk3PTEQYI/?taken-by=ashley_rudder

bluelitzer

It took me 7 refreshes to get to this Flamingo Park thread, which has tested my patience severly. There's always that annoying Orville popcorn ad hijacking the link to this thread and it loads forever.

Anyways, f*** it.

Your swatches are gorgeous and I can't wait to see more Have Your Cakes and Be Silly lip swatches.

hitchcockblonde

I bought What I Fancy blush from bloomies and it should be here tomorrow. I can't make up my mind on whether or not to get Spring Flock. Could someone who bought it compare it to Cream Soda, Crisp Whites, or Ripe Peach? Thanks!

GreenEyedAllie

I bought What I Fancy blush from bloomies and it should be here tomorrow. I can't make up my mind on whether or not to get Spring Flock. Could someone who bought it compare it to Cream Soda, Crisp Whites, or Ripe Peach? Thanks!

I'll be honest. It looks lovely on a couple of other ladies who have posted, but on me, I just don't like it. I find it chalky and with poor color payoff. Once I finally do get it on, it doesn't look any different than any other lighter coral pink I have. I will be happy to swatch it against Ripe Peach when I get home today, though. :)

CCKK

Question... how does Fashion Flock compare to Toying Around (Can't recall the collection its from)

starletta8

I made my final purchases of the collection and surprised myself. Have Your Cake, E/S palette, and Petite Indulgence (What?!?!, I went for Pearl Blossom BP!).

I also got some swatches of all of the glosses.

montREALady

Did some swatches.

Blushes:
The one on the far right I seriously can't remember if it's What I Fancy or Spring Flock so I didn't label it!
9cf8da14-010f-4a3d-95dc-a2ba94f3037e_wm.jpg
OM and LAP are similar but OM is a touch more red. Even the top two are pretty similar in person! Then the two I'm confused about seem similar too...

Lipsticks:
ef85ecdb-efae-475a-8188-44925e1ddaad_wm.jpg
I bought LL&F. Nice To Meet You is pretty hot in person. I didn't expect that, it wasn't on my radar. Be Silly is brighter than NFP for sure.

Shars

Did some swatches.

Blushes:
The one on the far right I seriously can't remember if it's What I Fancy or Spring Flock so I didn't label it!
View attachment 51983
OM and LAP are similar but OM is a touch more red. Even the top two are pretty similar in person! Then the two I'm confused about seem similar too...

Lipsticks:
View attachment 51984
I bought LL&F. Nice To Meet You is pretty hot in person. I didn't expect that, it wasn't on my radar. Be Silly is brighter than NFP for sure.

Uggghh... I need to look away. Cool toned pinks are my kryptonite!

Icecaramellatte

Wore The Fashion Flock and Spring Flock yesterday, they were gorgeous together...not the greatest picture because you can't even see the blush and the lipstick looks a lot more muted than in real life but figured I'd post it anyway!
View attachment 51958

Looks great on you.

I haven't seen many nail swatches.

Miami (3 coats):

View attachment 51967

Miami with 1 coat of Spoonfui of Sugar:

View attachment 51968

Thanks for the pics.

I caved and ordered the rest of the blushes early yesterday morning. Mid-morning I get a text that there is free overnight shipping. I call to get my shipping upgraded and they say they will try. Well no dice. I have to wait until tomorrow. Bummed.

Tarabotti

Did some swatches.

Blushes:
View attachment 51983

Lipsticks:
View attachment 51984

This helps-thanks for the swatches!

CaroLynn

I ordered Flocking Fabulous l/s and received Life's a Picnic blush. Never had a mixup like that before! MAC is shipping the lipstick overnight delivery and said I could keep the blush. It's really pretty.

LiliV

I ordered a back up of Long Legged and Fabulous. I never do back ups bc I switch up my lipsticks so much I never get around to needing them, but there are a few exceptions lol I wish I got a backup of Boca from Julia Petit! I can already tell Long Legged & Fabulous is going to be another. And it's funny bc I really don't like pinks! Lol

Here's a quick pic with Spring Flock blush

image.jpeg

I have no idea why the pic is sideways lol

Last edited:

NaomiH

I ordered a back up of Long Legged and Fabulous. I never do back ups bc I switch up my lipsticks so much I never get around to needing them, but there are a few exceptions lol I wish I got a backup of Boca from Julia Petit! I can already tell Long Legged & Fabulous is going to be another. And it's funny bc I really don't like pinks! Lol

View attachment 51994

Beautiful!

NaomiH

I ordered Flocking Fabulous l/s and received Life's a Picnic blush. Never had a mixup like that before! MAC is shipping the lipstick overnight delivery and said I could keep the blush. It's really pretty.

I've had one mix up back with Archie's Girls and they were really good about fixing it. I'm glad they still seem to be good about correcting their errors and Yay for a free blush!

NaomiH

Kind of awkward quick pic of HYC on me. I love it! It's like the matte, slightly more purple Hollywood Cerise (one of my favorite lippies ever) and I'm so glad I caved on it!
20160204_162022.jpg

*sigh* And I'm sideways.

Last edited:

Isabelle

View attachment 51994

Absolutely stunning on you! I think I may need this one ;)

Isabelle

Latest posts