MAC fluidline vs. smashbox cream eyeliner?

makeup_junkie

Is MAC fluidline comparable to smashbox cream eyeliner? I'm curious about the fluidline because everyone here seems to love it. I have smashbox cream eyeliner in black and thunder, and well, I just don't use it that often. It's nothing fantastic in my opinion.

Does/has anyone else use the smashbox cream eyeliner and MAC fluidline? I know they are applied in a similar way and perhaps that's the thing I don't like about it...

I know I won't know for sure how I will like it until I try it myself, but I don't want to waste my money if I don't have to.

Also, does MAC fluidline have a harsh liquid-liner look?

TIA!

Brianne

Fluidlines stay on longer than the Smashbox liners. It doesn't have that harsh look of liquid liner - it is a very precise line (depending on the brush used and your technique of course) but it still isn't as harsh. Blacktrack is a deep inky black.

Bubbles12_98

I haven't tried any of the MAC fluidline, but I am recieving some Smashbox Cream EL in a swap. I hope I like them...WHat brush would you use to apply them with for a very thin line? I have never used anything other than pencil EL

NikkiHorror

Honestly I like Fluidline better!!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

I use it with the straight, pencil-tipped Smashbox Eyeliner brush, though.

baby_love

I like fluidline better because you CAN (if you want to) get the liquid eyeliner look. Smashbox's creme liners aren't very creamy, and I wouldn't use them as a base like you can with fluidlines.

prinzessin784

The Smashbox ones are creamier, which I think is why they don't last as long as Fluidliners do. The Fluidline is more of a gel than a cream, so while they aren't as smooth in my opinion, they have much better staying power!