MAC Fluidlines as eyeshadow bases??

EyeshadowJunkie

I have paints and shadesticks, but I have never purchased the fluidlines cuz I only use pencil eyeliner. Anyway, my friend told me to try frostlite fluidline as a eyeshadow base, and that its amazing. Anyone else tried this?? And whats everyone else's favorite eyeshadow base??

duch3ss25

I also use fluidline as a base but not quite often. It's a bit harder to blend and dries up quickly compared to paints. Also, I've tried frostlite before. It's a good base for my e/s but it's too white/gray for me since I'm NC40. I like rich ground and blitz glitz tho for smokey looks and delphic under my green eyeshadows. My eyeshadow never creases when I use these; however, I feel that it's a bit heavy on my lids, as I also use UDPP underneath ( I have extremely oily skin!)

On the other hand, I use paints regularly. When I want a more dramatic look, I layer CCB on top of that and my eyeshadow really pops and stay on for at least 12 hours without creasing. HTHS!

MACATTAK

I've used Frostlite as a base & it works great. I use a ton of things for bases..Fluidliner, shadesticks, paint, udpp, ccb etc. It really depends on what type of shadow I am using (loose or pressed) and what type of look I am going for.

Dreamergirl3

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=22685

hth!
greengrin.gif

thelove4tequila

I love using fluidliners as bases. I actually used Graphic Brown today with Chocolate Brown piggie on top. I really like them.

MACa6325xi

Today I wore Rich Ground Fluidline as a base with By Jupiter Flashtronic Shadow on top. This was suggested to me by an MA at my local MAC store. This is the first time I have used a Fluidline as a base. I normally use paints and just bought one of the Novel Twist Paint Pots in Delft. As of right now, I have had no creasing.

starangel2383

i have two fluidlines and i havent tried using them as a liner yet but i have used them as bases and i think they work okay. i am definetly going to be purchasing some of the paint pots when they come out next week though and play with them as bases.

jilliandanica

I use fluidlines as a base quite often. I like the staying power when I place my shadows over especially when I do brighter looks. I haven't had any creasing yet or any adverse skin effects. I only use them from my lashline to my crease though and then paints from above the crease to my brow. I do use frostlite all over on occasion.

For a purple smokey eye I use macroviolet with carbon.

Browns look really nice with Rich Ground and I love Royal wink with blues.

HTH!

Dark_Phoenix

I do all the time with Frostlite for pastel colors. It makes them seem more true.

And I use Silverstroke as a base with Silver Ring and Electra. It keeps the silver from looking flat.

neotrad

I've never tried them as eyeshadow base either.
To those of you who have, do you have to hurry to apply eyeshadows/pigments before the fluidline gets dry? 'Cause...if so, I wouldn't like that.
ssad.gif

Also are they gentle enough for sensitive skin/eyelids?

Thanks in advance!