MAC for Marilyn

HoneyMilk

did you see there is a way to get them out without heat? you can use a dropper and get alcohol under the pan (doesnt matter if it gets on the shadow, it will evaporate)...it eats through the glue and you can get them out without melting them.
I tried that with old quads and it works well, but the new ones are so much more tight fitting. I tried it and quickly gave up! Even if I didn't damage the case, they are not magnetized anyhow like the old quads. Can you tell the duos make me grumpy? Hehe

Copperhead

A few months ago I bought one of those empty duo palettes (cuz I thought it was so cute) and it was $7. The same price as the empty quad palette. But now they're both $9. A $2 increase.

kimibos

A few months ago I bought one of those empty duo palettes (cuz I thought it was so cute) and it was $7. The same price as the empty quad palette. But now they're both $9. A $2 increase.
the duos were $25 when they first came out and now they are $27.50

ladyarwen

Yeah, but nothing since or before in 2012 (I think, right?)... only 3 quads this year? They used to have a new one once a month!

$40 for a quad with 4 shadows = $10 a shadow
$27.50 for a duo with 2 shadows = $13.75 a shadow
IDK, there's still the holiday and winter collections that we know nothing about. The Carine Roitfeld collection has quads, though they're not really quads...more like kits since there's a blush with the shadows. Anyway, we can't count our chickens yet until the year's out.

liba

I'm actually not getting too much from this collection: 2 blushes, b/p, 1 lippie, 2 e/s. Possible BU's of the b/p. Bargain!
I'm coming in low too - just Deeply Adored and Love Goddess (Charmed I'm Sure will probably not work, like most balanced reds fail on me).

Zero need for the blushes and b/p.

CartoonChic

omg Dazzleglasses is going up
ohboy.gif
I'm not sure. I know MAC had their price increase this month and so far the price is still the same.

Paisly

pompom.gif
Thanks!
Aside from Pure Zen (nudes of any shade look horrid on me; super pale, but with super pigmented lips), they all look beautiful.

Definitely after Scarlet Ibis (I missed all the IA products; no MAC store anywhere near me, and wasn't online at the right time) and Love Goddess. Not sure on Deeply Adored or Charmed I'm Sure. Need to swatch them in person to decide.

Given the prices, I have no interest in the eyeshadows, and the dazzleglasses are blah to me. I want to get either 1 blush or the beauty powder, but need to swatch before I decide which one.
Oh. I'm the same way! Nudes do NOT work for my skin nor my lips. I bought Pure zen. It was actually really lovely. At first, i didn't think it was that pigmented. Then i swatched it again... It was really pretty and nice. I think you should atleast swatch Pure Zen. It looks amazing with my skin!

liesierre

Oh. I'm the same way! Nudes do NOT work for my skin nor my lips. I bought Pure zen. It was actually really lovely. At first, i didn't think it was that pigmented. Then i swatched it again... It was really pretty and nice. I think you should atleast swatch Pure Zen. It looks amazing with my skin!
I agree with that...Im also super pale and most nudes pull too orangey or brown on me or just look plain corpsey... there are very few that work for me and Pure Zen is one of them. Its basically a really light peachy tone but it works with my cool tones when most of them dont.

Mac-Guy

I agree with that...Im also super pale and most nudes pull too orangey or brown on me or just look plain corpsey... there are very few that work for me and Pure Zen is one of them. Its basically a really light peachy tone but it works with my cool tones when most of them dont.
iagree.gif
It's a very nice lippie for pale NW complexions.

BriarRose

That's the one that came out in the cremesheen + pearl addition, isn't it? I will have to swatch at some point and see what I think. Thanks for the tip!

It's hard for me to get a good feel for nude lip products though because I only swatch MU on my hand. I've always gotten sick somewhat easily and have seen way too many gross things at my counter to risk trying otherwise, even with their disinfectants!
ohboy.gif

xasperadastra

I'm coming in low too - just Deeply Adored and Love Goddess (Charmed I'm Sure will probably not work, like most balanced reds fail on me).

Zero need for the blushes and b/p.
small haul here too! Love Goddes and the beauty powder.. I hope to find them.. I'll preorder them but there is a lot of hype for this collection, I'm afraid I can't get my hands on what I want arghhhh.. I guess I'll phone the store the first week of september :p

HoneyMilk

IDK, there's still the holiday and winter collections that we know nothing about. The Carine Roitfeld collection has quads, though they're not really quads...more like kits since there's a blush with the shadows. Anyway, we can't count our chickens yet until the year's out.
Let me just say that I'm not hopeful...have there ever been quads released for holiday collections? Call Me Bubbles I think is my most favorite quad ever.

HoneyMilk

I keep hoping that I'll find one at a CCO but I don't know if it's just too early for them to be there or if they won't be there at all.
Sadly, I do not expect to see that one at a CCO. I hope to find a Shop & Drop quad but those have been sold out for a while too. The 3rd quad... um.. what was it called? I bet that will be there because it's still online and still on Nordstrom. I'm actually shocked that they still have Lady Grey online too!