MAC for Marilyn

Eleentje

Aah, it would be so nice if Marilyn collection would be so big and came with pigments and all. It is going to be a medium sized collection instead, according to this blog: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fash-track/mac-marilyn-monroe-makeup-collection-293318

"The limited-edition line (in partnership with Authentic Brands Group) includes nearly 30 products -- eye shadow, lipstick (think retro red and hot pink), nail lacquer and eyeliner -- and will arrive in stores in October."

PixieDancer

I love pin-up looks and this collection has me going crazy! If there IS special packaging, I'll probably get everything! Marilyn's look is iconic and timeless! I'm more excited about this collection than HC... And that's saying A LOT, because I'm bat shit crazy for HC! HeeHee

OctoberViolet

Tx so much for the link Eleentje! Retro red & hot pink l/s holy moly Marilyn! I can't wait for info on this collection. I've been resisting buying from all the Summer collections to save for this one and what others in the Fall/Winter may be popping up. October is my birthday month, so I see myself buying a lot as a gift for being me.
eyelove.gif

Aah, it would be so nice if Marilyn collection would be so big and came with pigments and all. It is going to be a medium sized collection instead, according to this blog: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fash-track/mac-marilyn-monroe-makeup-collection-293318

"The limited-edition line (in partnership with Authentic Brands Group) includes nearly 30 products -- eye shadow, lipstick (think retro red and hot pink), nail lacquer and eyeliner -- and will arrive in stores in October."

NinaE

i need to take a trip to london soon! the only thing that stops me is that i daren't drive there and train tickets are so freaking expensive!

I live in Oslo and must to fly from Norway to London - let´s talk aboute tickets .... ;)
Maybe over a glass of wine ? - In London .... ;)

martiangurll

I would love to see a nice, platinum colored shadow that has soft shimmer, maybe as a Veluxe Pearl? Similar to the color of Platinum piggie, but in pressed form. That would scream "Marilyn" to me.

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i need to take a trip to london soon! the only thing that stops me is that i daren't drive there and train tickets are so freaking expensive!

I went for a few days last week for a conference and my train was only £15 return :O I think buying way in advance helps!

MACcrazy

I really hope mac creates a custom red l/s for marilyn, just purely named after her, since every time I see her I want her lips so freaking bad!!! Plus she would mix 3-4 different reds just to get that perfect shade, so maybe mac can put that signature color in a tube? Oh and a little off topic but nicki minaj has a new song out called marilyn monroe (really pretty song btw) and I can't stop smiling to myself thinking of the mac collection (plus since nicki is the VG spokesperson and they play her songs a lot in my store now I hope to hear it a lot when the collection is released!!)

aradhana

I really hope mac creates a custom red l/s for marilyn, just purely named after her, since every time I see her I want her lips so freaking bad!!! Plus she would mix 3-4 different reds just to get that perfect shade, so maybe mac can put that signature color in a tube?
that would be nice!

everytime i see her picture, i wish for her brows!

romi79_2008

The article says October, is it possible for it to be the holiday col? It seems hard to believe, maybe we`ll actually get it at september end

Mac-Guy

I really hope mac creates a custom red l/s for marilyn, just purely named after her, since every time I see her I want her lips so freaking bad!!! Plus she would mix 3-4 different reds just to get that perfect shade, so maybe mac can put that signature color in a tube? Oh and a little off topic but nicki minaj has a new song out called marilyn monroe (really pretty song btw) and I can't stop smiling to myself thinking of the mac collection (plus since nicki is the VG spokesperson and they play her songs a lot in my store now I hope to hear it a lot when the collection is released!!)
This would be very cool. She certainly would deserved a new color. Hopefully there are not too many repromotes.

MACcrazy

i agree... unless queens sin is repromoted! they can bring back that baby any day! :)
I have been wanting queens sin for the longest time and was so sad when it wasn't repromoted with VV (which still boggles my mind since it looks like the perfect l/s for the evil queen!) Anyway, I hope that they have only 1-2 repromoted things (if any at all) since marilyn really deserves a one of a kind collection for a one of a kind icon! .... but i have a bad feeling penultimate liner will be repromoted (along with/ or one of their perm liquid black eyeliners)

Latest posts