MAC Foundation question

divaster

Hi there, I'm relatively new to MAC, and today I purchased my first foundation. I got the studio tech. Now the thing is, I guess I am confused about the C and the W. The MA picked out and put on NW25, which is not what I would have picked if you had asked me to pick something. I have always been under the impression that my skin is more cool, so I would have picked either NC15 or maybe 20. I thought my skin was lighter than a 25, for example in BE the shade "light" (#2 I think) is too dark for me. Anyway, I guess what I'm really just asking is if someone can explain to me the difference and who should use what, if that's possible.

I did sign up to go to the class on the MAC Pro tour. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to applying makeup, but I've rececently wanted to do more and look better, so I hope that's a really fun thing.

I was always so scared to go to the MAC counter, but they were really nice there (I went to Nordie's) and couldn't have been better. It was so busy I don't know how they all kept their cool and helped everyone.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

brandiisamonkey

not sure about the color match but in MAC NC means NOT cool and NW means NOT warm... hope that helps (or the n can mean nutrilize)

valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
not sure about the color match but in MAC NC means NOT cool and NW means NOT warm... hope that helps (or the n can mean nutrilize)

she's right. I'm cool toned as well, but I use NW20.

divaster

Ok cool, thanks to both of you. That's what I was kind of wondering, if the W meant it would balance out the pink or what. Also didn't know what the "N" was so thanks for that too! This board is so helpful!

divaster

OK cool. I knew I should wait to actually go to the counter to try and find a foundation. So glad I did!

Latest posts