Mac foundations?

fashionjunkiexx

im looking for a new foundation and since iv had a bad week im treating myself to some mac ^_^
iv been using revlon colourstay foundation (the one for oily/combination skin) in "buff" and i liked it at first but certain things about it are starting to really grate on me, like the fact that it dries so quickly and no amount of buffing or fix plus or anything can make the caking that happens look any better
ssad.gif
but i do however love how it stops my skin getting so oily, and i do like the coverage it provides when mixed 2 parts foundation one part moisturiser, also i usually apply with the 187!

so, my question is which do i get out of the following:
face and body foundation
studio fix fluid
studio tech
select spf foundation

any info you can give me on any of these would be soo helpful! ^_^

also does anyone know if its posssible to get foundation samples from mac

gildedangel

If you have oily skin you probably aren't going to like studio tech much, it has a tendancy to cake. Studio fix fluid is the closest to the foundation that you were using, I would probably start there. You can get samples of foundation at MAC
smiles.gif

SassyMochaJess

I love my Revlon cs, it doesn't cake up on me (knocking on wood lol). I would also suggest SFF cause it's matte and medium coverage. But it gets cakey on me and oxides(sp?) like crazy but everyone's different so it could work for you.

These other foundatons are really not oily skin friendly but can work depending on weather and powder used to set. Studio tech I can wear more comfortably during winter months and coverage is great. Select is more sheer and imo dewy, not my favorite. Face and body is too sheer and dewy for me.

fashionjunkiexx

im not sure if cake was the right word for what i meant, like it tends come out very patchy and sink into my pores
ssad.gif
im really sad that it doesnt work for me bc iv seen so many people look awesome with it on!
will the girls be alright to give me some samples, just i know sometimes they can get a bit annoyed with people? but tbf i dont want to spend so much if it looks bad on my face, they dont have the same return policy over here as in the US.

how well does studio fix fluid blend? and can it be mixed with moisturiser to sheer it down?

anshu7

I would say go with Mac studio fix fluid. Since u mentioned fdtn sinking into pores, I would recommend using a primer underneath. Something like Monistat Chafing relief powder gel or Smashbox photo finish

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionjunkiexx
so, my question is which do i get out of the following:
face and body foundation
studio fix fluid
studio tech
select spf foundation

any info you can give me on any of these would be soo helpful! ^_^

also does anyone know if its posssible to get foundation samples from mac

If you have oily skin then of the ones you listed I'd go with Studio Fix Fluid. Studio Tech I would definitely avoid as it is not long-lasting at all on oily skin (I tend to use it when I only have to go somewhere for a few hours & it has to be set with plenty of powder to stay on me). If you're looking for a fairly light coverage then rather than sheering down the Studio Fix Fluid you might want to consider Studio Moisture Tint. Although it's technically a tinted moisturiser, the consistency is like a light foundation, & it's not greasy at all.

It's definitely possible to get samples if you ask... better to have a chat with them first about what you are looking for exactly (e.g. length of wear, texture, etc), that way they are usually more convinced you genuinely want samples & aren't just looking for freebies (which I guess they must deal with a lot of...)