MAC Glitter and Ice Discussion

LMD84

Today the New York Post reported that the figure skater Johnny Weir is the face of the holiday collection.

"Johnny Weir is the new face of MAC Cosmetics. The Olympic figure skater will star in the ad campaign for the 2011 holiday collection, Glitter and Ice. Weir was in Miami earlier this month shooting promotional materials for the cosmetic line, which he uses during competi tion. MAC has previously signedElton John and the drag queen RuPaul as ambas sadors. Weir is sitting out the 2011-2012 ice-skating season to oversee his nonskating ven tures, including the MAC deal, his dress line and a reality show, "Be Good Johnny Weir," on Sundance Channel"

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]what are you hoping to see from this collection?[/FONT]

Mac-Guy

I'm glad MAC picked a guy to represent the holiday collection. After all, their credo is "all ages, all races, all sexes." MAC needs more diversity at all levels.
bigstar.gif

Mac-Guy

Here's Johnny Weir's homepage. http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/home/2011/06/johnny-weir%E2%80%99s-glittering-mac-out-session/

I really hope they bring Swarovski on board to spice up the packaging!
drinkup.gif

chromatrix

Here's Johnny Weir's homepage. http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/home/2011/06/johnny-weir%E2%80%99s-glittering-mac-out-session/

I really hope they bring Swarovski on board to spice up the packaging!
drinkup.gif
Oooooooooooooooo... swarovski.droooooooooooooooooooool!

Mac-Guy

I hope they repromote IGNK e/l, a highlight Beauty powder that reflects both gold and silver, a baby-pink e/l, and an improved formula of Chilled on Ice PP (with micro-glitter that won't fall out). ==> the latter one better doesn't dry out too fast! And of course, all should come in a sexy, icy, glittery, manly (!) packing.

Now, can we get a sparkly smiley/emoticon on Specktra?
clapping.gif

Face2Mac

I hate glitter but love ice skating and love Johnny Weir, so I will be looking at this. I wonder if the products will have Russian names b/c he loves that place and they love him.

mtrimier

after champale i am team glitterphobe as well.
icon_eek.gif

if this has paint pots at all and they seem better than those, i might defect, but for now i'll stick to loose glitters if i want to get all sparkle-y. i think at this point i'm more interested in what the packaging could be. I like to swap powders and put them in different compacts.

Mac-Guy

mac should release some new reflects glitters with this collection!

This collection just scream piggies, right? I wouldn't worry about it as I am certain there will be glitter piggies. I want baby-blue reflecting glitter :)

LMD84

This collection just scream piggies, right? I wouldn't worry about it as I am certain there will be glitter piggies. I want baby-blue reflecting glitter :)
it does indeed!! i will be most upset if mac don't re-release snowscene gloss too! that needs to be repromoted and would be perfect with this collection!! :)

also i keep thinking about those pigments you can get that look like a white powder but then reflect different colours. they come in a stack but have no clue on what brand they are or where you can get them from! but mac should do a version of those!

Mac-Guy

I imagine the glitter to be quite chunky, at least that springs to mind when thinking of figure skaters.

rockin

I don't know what the pigments are that you are referring to, but I have (along with my MAC reflects glitters) something from Manic Panic called "Coffin Dust". It's a very fine white powder, and the one I have gives off a kind of blue/lilac shimmer on the skin - the colour I have is called Hemlock.

JennsJewelz

I am SO all over this collection! Theatre/performance-grade glittery products would be incredible - I second Mac-Guy on the baby blue! I never really cheered for Johnny as a figure skater because I was always rooting for the Canadians he was skating against, but he is definitely a fantastic performer and athlete, and I would love for this collection to be like him - just a little too much! ;P

wishonastar

I like the sound of this collection already, just the name sounds fantastic. I'd love lots of icy colours with irridescent sparkle and glitter. I imagine compacts which are plastic but change colour from blues to pink and have micro glitter through them. Something like how a pearl changes colour and the how you get different colours in snow and ice when the light hits them. Sort of mother of pearl like or oil/petrol on water. Here is a google search of the sort of thing I mean, I like how the beads change colour, I think that would be cool.

keijukainen

I didn't care much for Cham Pale but I'll keep my eye on this collection just because I love Johnny! He's a true artist on ice and since we never have male skaters in the finals I've had the opportunity to root for Johnny
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts