MAC glitter gel??

doll.face

Can someone give me some more information on the MAC glitter gel?

What year did it come out?
Was it gel for the hair or body?
Colors? Pictures?

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlly
I have three.One in Peacocky,and the rest I forgot.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the glitter eyeliners?

MAC_Whore

The glitter gel and glitter liners are two different products. I have the glitter gel. It came out with Snowgirl in Nov 02 and the colour is "white". It comes in a 2.7oz jar that is clear with a black lid. I am the original owner and the jar seals really well, so it is still a viable product for me to use.

Snowgirl - November | Specktra.Net

It is basically white reflects microglitter in a clear gel. The white glitter is almost translucent and it reflects blue, purple, red, gold, or green depending on how the light hits it.

You can apply it to the skin and the gel fades away, leaving a subtle glitter wash behind. You could dupe this by mixing the white-based MAC Pro Reflects Glitter colours: MAC PRO | Glitter in Pro Mixing Medium - Gel Formula: MAC PRO | Mixing Medium Gel.

Sorry, I don't have any photos.

HTH

MAC_Whore

I just wanted to add that there were also Glitter Creams released. They looked and performed like CCBs with glitter. They came in a container that was the same in design and size to the MSFs. There were three colours:

• Rock It Pink
  • Shimmerene
  • Playmate Pink (this came out with the MAC for Playboy collection)

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The glitter gel and glitter liners are two different products. I have the glitter gel. It came out with Snowgirl in Nov 02 and the colour is "white". It comes in a 2.7oz jar that is clear with a black lid. I am the original owner and the jar seals really well, so it is still a viable product for me to use.

Snowgirl - November | Specktra.Net

It is basically white reflects microglitter in a clear gel. The white glitter is almost translucent and it reflects blue, purple, red, gold, or green depending on how the light hits it.

You can apply it to the skin and the gel fades away, leaving a subtle glitter wash behind. You could dupe this by mixing the white-based MAC Pro Reflects Glitter colours: MAC PRO | Glitter in Pro Mixing Medium - Gel Formula: MAC PRO | Mixing Medium Gel.

Sorry, I don't have any photos.

HTH

Thank you! This was VERY helpful. Do you know any of the other colors that were released? I've seen a gold one and a bronzey colored one. I'd like to know what collection they were released with as well.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll.face
Thank you! This was VERY helpful. Do you know any of the other colors that were released? I've seen a gold one and a bronzey colored one. I'd like to know what collection they were released with as well.

hmm.gif
...I'ts not coming to me at the moment. Let me dig around for some info. Are you sure they were glitter gels and not just the pigment-sized jars of pro glosses? They look kind of shimmery.

aziajs

I am glad Jen could help. I was just coming to post that she would probably be the only person to know.

MAC_Whore

I am the minister of random MAC trivia. If only I could use my powers to cure cancer or end poverty and hunger.

Well, I am not sure about the gold and bronze glitter gels, tbh. However, those in your pics are in the exact same container as mine. So, I wouldn't necessarily write them off as fake. This could just be a memory lapse on my part.

I would think twice about bidding on a product that is gel-based and made in '02 if you weren't the original owner. It could be a veritable Petri dish at this point. Hey, mine may be to, but at least I know they are my germs. Just a tought.

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Possibly fake??

I don't think they're fake. I heard they were a PRO product either before or after snowgirl.

modelstature

MAC Glitter Gel was on the scene briefly in the late 1990's if I remember correctly; I want to say 1999-2000. They were limited edition for like less than a month and came in 5 different colors: gold, silver, pink, green and white. The gold had different fleck sizes of multicolored glitter as seen in the picture above that someone else had referenced...The pink, green and white also had micro-sized multicolored glitter, and the silver had matching silver micro-glitter. They were for face and body but you could also use them in the hair....RE: the picture shown above, I doubt if it's a fake as MAC was still very much in the cult phase at the time this product was launched...Surprisingly, it took a while to move the less popular colors of these at retail, specifically the pink and the green....

I believe the bronze, was a later launch, in some other collection later down the line, possibly by a few years, as I don't remember it with the original 5...

doll.face

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelstature
MAC Glitter Gel was on the scene briefly in the late 1990's if I remember correctly; I want to say 1999-2000. They were limited edition for like less than a month and came in 5 different colors: gold, silver, pink, green and white. The gold had different fleck sizes of multicolored glitter as seen in the picture above that someone else had referenced...The pink, green and white also had micro-sized multicolored glitter, and the silver had matching silver micro-glitter. They were for face and body but you could also use them in the hair....RE: the picture shown above, I doubt if it's a fake as MAC was still very much in the cult phase at the time this product was launched...Surprisingly, it took a while to move the less popular colors of these at retail, specifically the pink and the green....

I believe the bronze, was a later launch, in some other collection later down the line, possibly by a few years, as I don't remember it with the original 5...

Oh my god!! Why did you tell me this? Now I am dieing to get them all. UGH. If only my eyes weren't attracted to everything glittery. Do you by chance own any? I'd love to see pictures.

Latest posts