MAC Greasepaint Stick

Lauren1981

I bought one a long time ago. It's a beautiful color but I haven't worn it yet and wanted to know how you ladies (and men) use it... like:
- do you usually use it on the eyelid or just anywhere?
- how well does it blend if used with regular shadows?
- how well does it go on over primer?

i totally understand i can just go in the mirror and play around with it to get a feel for it but other opinions will be greatly appreciated
thanks!

Sequinzombie

I hateeee my greasepaint stick I can't do anything with it. I'm thinking its just old? It doesnt apply smoothly at all and doesn't blend out well. I used it as a base once for super dark makeup and well the black didn't fade at all so that's a plus?

fieran

I have Slick Black and French Quarter - they work great as base for pigments and MES eyeshadows. My eyes are quite sensitive, so I usually apply some to my finger tips and then pat it on gently (I prime with UDPP first). You can use these greasepaint sticks as eyeliners if you sharpen the tips with the sharpener included at the base of the stick.

LorraineER

I have French Quarter and so far have used it as a thick liner for smoky eyes and for a cut crease look. I just drew a line where I wanted the "cut" and blended it and it made a cut crease simple.

DILLIGAF

I've been going through my stash in order to organize it so that I can use more items. I came across a few grease paint sticks and they have ALL gone off. They smell terrible. None of my other cream stick products have done this and I'm careful about storage. Anyone else have this issue? They're still creamy but the smell is impossible.

matchachoco

I have Slick Black and French Quarter - they work great as base for pigments and MES eyeshadows. My eyes are quite sensitive, so I usually apply some to my finger tips and then pat it on gently (I prime with UDPP first). You can use these greasepaint sticks as eyeliners if you sharpen the tips with the sharpener included at the base of the stick.
Ancient post but there is a sharpener at the base of the stick?! Must investigate this.
I've been going through my stash in order to organize it so that I can use more items. I came across a few grease paint sticks and they have ALL gone off. They smell terrible. None of my other cream stick products have done this and I'm careful about storage. Anyone else have this issue? They're still creamy but the smell is impossible. 
YES. I had 3 and the only one that doesn't stink is the Black one from Style Black. The newer ones from Art Supplies (Dirty and Greengrease) smell so bad that I put them into my B2M bin even though they are hardly used. So it's not just yours. They smell like rotting garbage dunked in petroleum. To be fair, they never smelled great to begin with but they definitely get worse over time.

erine1881

They smelled horrid from the beginning, so i wouldn't worry. As long as they're still creamy, just hold your breath while you apply them. Mine all still work just fine. The smell is only there while you're applying them.

DILLIGAF

So it's not just yours. They smell like rotting garbage dunked in petroleum. To be fair, they never smelled great to begin with but they definitely get worse over time.
You know my Black one is the only one that doesn't stink. I loved the Dirty and Greengrease so much. oh well *sigh* Into the B2M bag they go.

DILLIGAF

They smelled horrid from the beginning, so i wouldn't worry. As long as they're still creamy, just hold your breath while you apply them. Mine all still work just fine. The smell is only there while you're applying them.
Greengrease smells the worse out of the two so that's going into the B2M bag. I love the color of Dirty more and If I can make it work I will.