MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

BEEaboutmakeup

I took a look at swatches again... my list is still the same:

Emerald Sea Powerpoint Eye Pencil
Riviera Life l/g
Orange Tempera l/g
Feeling Fresh e/s

BUT... I'm THINKING about adding Red Racer l/s and Fleet Away blush to the list. I have a feeling I won't, but I wrote it down just in case. haha.. I kinda like my list being short though so maybe I'll just keep the original four. I didn't think I was going to get into fashion sets.

pemily

I think I I'll get: - shore leave lip pencil - barefoot eyeshadow  - fleet fast blush - sail la vie lipstick

ladyarwen

As much as it disappoints and hurts me, I'll have to skip this collection. Not enough money in the bank account = no MAC for a while. But I'll definitely be following along with reading reviews and looking over swatches.

MACerette

Everything is up on the UK site! Couldn't resist so I ordered the red l/s and l/g as I definitely wanted them and I ordered Reel Sexy l/s and a few things from the Fashion Sets collection. I'm still unsure about a few things so I will hopefully swatch everything on Thursday :) so much for saving...!
Thanks for the tip! Ordering as we speak
flower.gif

MACerette

I just ordered
- Fleet Fast
- Launch Away
- Crew
-Sail La Vie

and from Reel Sexy
-Hyacinth eye kohl
-Dynamic Duo 3
-Pink Cult blush
-Magenta blush
- Pink Popcorn lipstick
-Colour Saturation
- Star Quality

and Pink Tea to complete Très Cheek and Hip 'n Happy lipliner

nanaparty.gif

Will check the pro longwear bronzers and other stuff in the Pro store:

I will probably buy
-To Catch a Sailor
-Pro Longwear bronzer(s)
-167SH brush
-Reel Sexy l/s when it comes out here
- Prep and prime skin smoother
-Russian Red nailpolish

And perhaps Red Racer and Throw me a line...

Alisha1

I just ordered
- Fleet Fast
- Launch Away
- Crew
-Sail La Vie

and from Reel Sexy
-Hyacinth eye kohl
-Dynamic Duo 3
-Pink Cult blush
-Magenta blush
- Pink Popcorn lipstick
-Colour Saturation
- Star Quality

and Pink Tea to complete Très Cheek and Hip 'n Happy lipliner

nanaparty.gif

Will check the pro longwear bronzers and other stuff in the Pro store:

I will probably buy
-To Catch a Sailor
-Pro Longwear bronzer(s)
-167SH brush
-Reel Sexy l/s when it comes out here
- Prep and prime skin smoother
-Russian Red nailpolish
That's a great haul! Hope you enjoy your goodies! :)

MrsB

My final list ;) Lipstick To Catch a Sailor   Eyeshadow  Jaunty   Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder  Nude on Board   High-Light Powder Crew   Powder Blush  Launch Away Fleet Fast       To the Beach Body Oil  Seaside I'd have loved the tote but couldn't see it. I'd get some Hey, Sailor tattoos added to my cart though... Curious to see them :) I'd love to have a pro card, it would make purchasing huge hauls so much less painful, lol

littlelamb

I got invited to the preview event for Hey Sailor! This is the first time I've been invited to one. I'm practically jumping for joy right now.

nikou

more swatches
http://mackarrie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/mac-hey-sailor-haul-fotos.html

I'm still waiting for more lip swatches of salute! I'd love to see red racer too on the lips.

kimbunney

My list is short and sweet because I really need to save big for Heavenly Creature. Everything in that collection just sounds wonderful! I want Feeling Fresh e/s, Jaunty e/s, and Sea Mist suntint.

Alisha1

more swatches
http://mackarrie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/mac-hey-sailor-haul-fotos.html

I'm still waiting for more lip swatches of salute! I'd love to see red racer too on the lips.
Thanks for posting!

Is it me or does Feeling Fresh e/s seem to apply uneven in all the swatches we've seen so far? I think it's one which I have to swatch in person...

XxMoOmOoxX

Anyone have comparisons of Jaunty? I have way too many neutrals. I don't wanna get Jaunty if it's similar to other eyeshadows.

PeachTwist

Thanks for posting!

Is it me or does Feeling Fresh e/s seem to apply uneven in all the swatches we've seen so far? I think it's one which I have to swatch in person...

It seems to - as did Nautical, but I'm wondering if maybe these are just being swatched by finger and ran across the skin as opposed to patting it on the lid? That's why I bought both - in hopes patting them on will make them even.

duku

There's a few pictures here and there'll be a post with swatches tomorrow http://anna-fanfreluches.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/dzisiejsze-zdobycze-mac-hey-sailor-i.html

trayceeee

I didn't want to haul too much from this collection but it's right around my birthday (5-21), so well, you know how it is.
My final list is looking like..

- Bare Foot E/s
- Jaunty E/s
- Launch Away p/b (hope it's not ashy on my nc45 skin)
- 167 SH (i love brushes)
- Au Rose suntint (to try,never heard of these)
- Blue stripe e/l
- Handforged e/l