MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

PixieDancer

Well, it's a BU...I guess I am just a bit.

If I didn't have it to begin with it would already be on the truck. LOL!
Yeah... that's why I went for it... I didn't gey YV and I didn't want to miss this chance! Not to mention GLORIFY! My least fav of the 3, but I grabbed a BU anyways since they cannot be found anywhere! Still kicking myself for not getting WoG. Thought maybe I could at least try to swap my BU Glorify for someone's BU WoG!? It's worth a shot! Having an item to gamble with...

peachsuns

I still don't know what to get. LOL
tease.gif

Happy hauling everyone!
heart.gif

Shellcat

Oh girl!!

YOU are going to LOVE Young Venus!
heart.gif

Yeah... that's why I went for it... I didn't gey YV and I didn't want to miss this chance! Not to mention GLORIFY! My least fav of the 3, but I grabbed a BU anyways since they cannot be found anywhere! Still kicking myself for not getting WoG. Thought maybe I could at least try to swap my BU Glorify for someone's BU WoG!? It's worth a shot! Having an item to gamble with...

PixieDancer

Oh girl!!

YOU are going to LOVE Young Venus!
heart.gif
I don't know why I didn't just get it in the beginning! I keep TRYING to convince myself I don't "need" certain things that I just know I'll end up freaking out that i don't have!
YV, GG, and RC were the 3 shadows that I liked from the get-go. But I passed on ALL 3, since I told myself I just wanted them because those are the colors I ALWAYS go for and I have TONS "just like them".... Well, NOW I have ended up with ALL 3 that I originally passed on! 2 I paid full price for even though I get a PRO discount. I must need my head examined.
Can't WAIT for YV! How are you wearing it?

Shellcat

Welcome, illa! I don't know about the Canadian launch date.

For your other question, from the swatches of Fleet Fast, I think it would look great on NC40 skin tones.

Mac-Guy

I don't know why I didn't just get it in the beginning! I keep TRYING to convince myself I don't "need" certain things that I just know I'll end up freaking out that i don't have!
YV, GG, and RC were the 3 shadows that I liked from the get-go. But I passed on ALL 3, since I told myself I just wanted them because those are the colors I ALWAYS go for and I have TONS "just like them".... Well, NOW I have ended up with ALL 3 that I originally passed on! 2 I paid full price for even though I get a PRO discount. I must need my head examined.
Make a list and stick to it. While the list might be expensive, it's most likely much cheaper than ordering bit by bit or trying to hunt the products down elsewhere.

Shellcat

I know! I am the same way!

I wear it on my lid.

Today, I wore it on the lid with Hocus Pocus in the crease and outer V, and the dark pink from the Hello Kitty quad(can't think of the name, but I love it) blended with HP slightly, and Vanilla to highlight.

I love it with greys, and dark browns. Sketch too....

PixieDancer

Make a list and stick to it. While the list might be expensive, it's most likely much cheaper than ordering bit by bit or trying to hunt the products down elsewhere.
I KNOW!!! It's exasperating how I think I'm going to be able to pass on something!! UGH!
The truth is, I was leary about the product formula at first, so I thought I'd just try a few of the lighter shades. Convinced myself to go with some more unique colors for my collection (MP and BO) and one that would be a staple (SH). Then, OF COURSE, the skippers remorse set in once I saw FOTD and swatches!
I just have SO much makeup and hate thinking I might just be hoarding it! So, with every new collection I think I'll be more particular! Wishful thinking!
And I think of you saying this everytime I skip things now! LOL

aradhana

i think i've removed the blushes from my list, and not feeling so keen on the highlight powder anymore...
but i 'may' be interested in the green shadow and liner now...LOL! the only thing that's for sure sure is the brush. that thing is not budging.

Shellcat

The brush is STILL on my list too. BUT, I am going to buy my brush in the store, along with swatching the bronzers.

I am OCD full ON picky about my brushes and MUST hand pick them. Yes, I am a freak.
cutey.gif

If you can't and have to order it online, that's another story. But I feel like I need to pick mine out, had a weird bent brush experience one time ordering online.

One of these days I will take a picture of the brush I am talking about, and post it here...

LOL.

i think i've removed the blushes from my list, and not feeling so keen on the highlight powder anymore...
but i 'may' be interested in the green shadow and liner now...LOL! the only thing that's for sure sure is the brush. that thing is not budging.

Mac-Guy

I KNOW!!! It's exasperating how I think I'm going to be able to pass on something!! UGH!
The truth is, I was leary about the product formula at first, so I thought I'd just try a few of the lighter shades. Convinced myself to go with some more unique colors for my collection (MP and BO) and one that would be a staple (SH). Then, OF COURSE, the skippers remorse set in once I saw FOTD and swatches!
I just have SO much makeup and hate thinking I might just be hoarding it! So, with every new collection I think I'll be more particular! Wishful thinking!
And I think of you saying this everytime I skip things now! LOL
th_shake2.gif

aradhana

The brush is STILL on my list too. BUT, I am going to buy my brush in the store, along with swatching the bronzers.

I am OCD full ON picky about my brushes and MUST hand pick them. Yes, I am a freak.
cutey.gif

If you can't and have to order it online, that's another story. But I feel like I need to pick mine out, had a weird bent brush experience one time ordering online.

One of these days I will take a picture of the brush I am talking about, and post it here...

LOL.
you should!

i haven't had any problems with my brushes yet, but i think i've only bought two online...but i don't really look at them super close when i buy them in the store either...guess i've been lucky so far!
i should probably be more particular on my msf's and mineralize eyeshadows, but i never seem to remember one can do that!

i'll probably wait till i go to the store for the brush as well...i'm debating whether there is anything worth phoning and putting on hold in advance...

...and i still want to see more swatches on nc44+!!!