MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Jenrbelt

I bought this jacket today at Kohl's because It reminds me of Glamourdaze! So excited to wear it with my new goodies. I bought a sequined tshirt for underneath...
45721cc38d181f2a566ae3c1ea275627.jpg
I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but it is mint green with some gold fibers woven in!

macgirl3121

Did anyone else get Everything That Glitters nail lacquer? I got it and the formula is not very smooth and clumps up even prior to painting my nail. Shame since the color and glitter are lovely. Thinking of returning it along with Feminine Edge Fluidline.
I got it. Mine is very smooth and easy to control. It's gorgeous. I think I want another. Your bottle must be bad. I would exchange it.

Modmom

I'm in love with Beauty lipstick. With a light application it turns a beautiful pale pinky lavender on my pigmented lips. I did lots of swatching, but that's all I hauled from this collection today. I'm glad I grabbed a b/u.

MacAddictNurse

I'm sorry I am not replying to all of you individually but I'm going to try and reply to all of you on this one. Soooo I went to the other counter and I was able get both Superb and WoG. I know the manager at that counter and when I told her what happened she said that of course what happened was completely unacceptable but that it unfortunately it happens, which I definitely understand that its not easy to control everyone. I am over the situation but
finger.gif
MAC and your limited edition BS.

Anyways I am in love with Glamourdaze l/s is sooooooo pretty!! And dramatic encounter is gorgeous as well.

Fiberluver

Oh, I love looking @ everyone's goodies! So many pretty colors!

I just picked up Superb EDS and I love it!

This puppy is gorgeous!

I now have both, Superb & WoG.

I was surprised it was still @ local MAC store since WoG sold out during the pre-launch.

These babies are going to get a lot of use this winter!

UrbanSweetheart

rant.gif

So I had major drama yesterday with this collection. I had preordered all my stuff almost two weeks ago I actually paid for all of it at that time, well I worked 3 12hr shifts so I couldn't go pick it up until last night. When the MUA went and got my bag she pulled out the lippies and I asked her so where are the powders? I had purchased WoG and Superb, she went crazy looking for them someone had went into my already paid for items and took both of them. I was soooooo angry I'm sure she could see it on my face
angry.gif
I was trying so hard to not get super crazy because the MUA is really nice and I have been getting stuff and my makeup done from her for a long while now, she was super scared and upset looking for my stuff she even called her manager and all the manager said was give her a refund and that really got me upset I preordered to make sure that I got my stuff and it not be sold out what's the point in that if my items are going to be taken after I paid for it. The MUA called all the MAC counters around the area and lucky enough she found one about ten minutes from that mall that had both of the items. I took my stuff and drove to the other mall. I am soooo over MAC, and I think that the last 4 collections have been insane and sold out in no time, but then u go on evilbay and see 30 and 40 items being sold by the same person at quadruple the price. I think that after the strength collection I am going to give MAC a big break. I told the MUA I spent almost $300 she should have been more vigilant of my order considering I get tons of stuff from her very often, her response was I normally don't have to because I didn't think something like this could happen I just had a blank stare on my face but never again from that store.
I am SO sorry this happened to you!!! The NERVE of some people! I'm happy you were able to get you items after the fact, though!
The same thing happened to me during the second release of Stereo Rose at my "favorite" (I use that term loosely, now...) Nordstrom counter. I preordered Stereo Rose, and had it set aside for me to pick up the day after the release. Some how, a MA got into my preorder bag, sold MY Stereo Rose away, and I was left with nothing but a refund. I was never able to get Stereo Rose because it sold out everywhere on the first day...

elegant-one

I'm looking forward to qualifying as a doctor in 18 months
Gracie, maybe a Psychiatrist.....then I could lay on the couch and confess how much makeup I buy (don't forget the 2976356700 backups) & you can figure out why....but then you would have to lay on that couch too
lol.gif

Congrats dear!

Michelemu21

I am SO sorry this happened to you!!! The NERVE of some people! I'm happy you were able to get you items after the fact, though!  The same thing happened to me during the second release of Stereo Rose at my "favorite" (I use that term loosely, now...) Nordstrom counter. I preordered Stereo Rose, and had it set aside for me to pick up the day after the release. Some how, a MA got into my preorder bag, sold MY Stereo Rose away, and I was left with nothing but a refund. I was never able to get Stereo Rose because it sold out everywhere on the first day...
I had a similar thing happen to my presale of SR. I managed to get one at Macys later. I hope you get one thus time around.

MacAddictNurse

I am SO sorry this happened to you!!! The NERVE of some people! I'm happy you were able to get you items after the fact, though!
The same thing happened to me during the second release of Stereo Rose at my "favorite" (I use that term loosely, now...) Nordstrom counter. I preordered Stereo Rose, and had it set aside for me to pick up the day after the release. Some how, a MA got into my preorder bag, sold MY Stereo Rose away, and I was left with nothing but a refund. I was never able to get Stereo Rose because it sold out everywhere on the first day...
The nerve of some people is exactly right! Sorry to hear that you never got your Stereo Rose. From now on its online stalking if necessary, but I am definitely switching to other brands MAC likes the hype and I am not feeding into it any more.

Michelemu21

I think I want sv now. I called and they have 2 left. I don't know if I can make it. Anyone who has it know of a good dupe?

PrettyKitty

I tried Dramatic Encounter again today, I still think it's too dark for me. Beautiful colour, but not sure when I would wear it! However, I tried it too with a pink lipstick and it's beautiful. If DE is too dark for you, try it with a pink or red lipstick! I used Anime lip tar and it turned a gorgeous rich berry purple colour!! If you mix it with a beige or nude lipstick, it will turn out a grey toned purple, which might be cool too!

Yazmin

I'm sorry I am not replying to all of you individually but I'm going to try and reply to all of you on this one. Soooo I went to the other counter and I was able get both Superb and WoG. I know the manager at that counter and when I told her what happened she said that of course what happened was completely unacceptable but that it unfortunately it happens, which I definitely understand that its not easy to control everyone. I am over the situation but
finger.gif
MAC and your limited edition BS.

Anyways I am in love with Glamourdaze l/s is sooooooo pretty!! And dramatic encounter is gorgeous as well.
Sucks you went through that, but happy that it worked out and you got Superb and WOG. If it didn't, I have an extra of each that I would have parted with.

I ended up not getting Divine Blue because it looked like someone tried to swatch it on the down low and think I wouldn't notice. I definitely knew because I was able to take a sneak peak the Sunday prior. Don't know if it was an employee, or an employee who pulled it from my bag in order to show it to another customer, and that person did it.
shrugs.gif
Only other time I experienced this was with Reel Sexy - someone pulled my Heroine and my SA pulled it back since I was the first to ask for it at that store. Fortunately, those have been the only two incidents I have personally experienced.

GlamQueen21

I am trying to fight the urge to back up Stolen Moment EDES since it might become my HG eyeshadow. I imagine pariing it with Satin Taupe and Dark Edge/Showstopper e/s. As for Outrageously Fun and Impossibly Sweet, I plan to back both of them up soon whenever MAC restockes online.

Yazmin

I haven't used FE yet, but I had absolutely no problem in application when I swatched it. My main use for this will be as a base, but I may try this as a thin line above Wholesome and/or Dark Diversion.

Yazmin

I am trying to fight the urge to back up Stolen Moment EDES since it might become my HG eyeshadow. I imagine pariing it with Satin Taupe and Dark Edge/Showstopper e/s. As
for Outrageously Fun and Impossibly Sweet, I plan to back both of them up soon whenever MAC restockes online.
*puts enabler hat on*

If the latter restock, that'll be your sign to throw in Stolen Moment.

*takes enabler hat off*