MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

valkolak

I think I'm passing on the blushes and will get the bps from BB instead. The shades just aren't really grabbing me. I'm not sure about the sfs either. I can't tell how warm/cool def def is because Temptalia's swatches are always a bit warmer than irl I think.

miss0annette

Must haves or easy to pass on in your opinion?
That's hard to say. I'm a blush whore so I definitely love these. They are a little on the sheer side so, like I said, it takes a bit to build on your cheeks. I don't know if my skin shade makes a difference on that. I'm NC40. If you like shimmer in your blushes then you might not like these. They look more satin on the face.

I don't even know if I answered your question or not???
type.gif
th_wallbash.gif

Odelia

I just got my goodies and I've been checking them out.
One thing is for sure - swatch pics won't do the EDES any justice.
Sooo pretty IRL!

valkolak

Ordered Zestful since it's the only think I'm for sure on. Based on swatches and descriptions it reminds me of the cool green veining in Water mes--except better!

ALivingDoll

And I do not want anything from ED, yeaaaah 
rasta.gif
I'm beginning to regret my purchases! I didn't get any of the eyeshadows! But the blushes just don't appear to be what I'm looking for:( thank goodness for the return policy!
I'm with you on this. After the swatches and seeing allurabeauty's vid...i now regret buying BH. It looks like 2 blushes i already own and rarely use at all because of the color payoff. I noticed in her vid that she had to go back a couple of times just to get a good enough color payoff. Nope sorry, $25.00 for a blush that i have to dig into to get enough color is not worth it! It'll be gone quick. I'd rather use what's in my stash. FI stays because i don't really have anything like it.

Violasphere

Nooo I waited to long on Flaming Chic, the only one for sure I knew I wanted and now it's sold out. Now I'll have to wait for Nordstroms, just chatted witht hem and it will be on their website no later than the 11th is what they told me on chat

miss0annette

I don't know if you can tell because I have bad lighting but here is a pic of me wearing At Dusk. I agree with the ladies, the color pay off is so so. I had to go back to the pan at least 3 times to get it to a desired shade I wanted.

Again, I am a blush gal so I love them anyway. lol Tomorrow I will be trying out Blazing Haute!
mac_atemywallet.gif

Icecaramellatte

Just got my package. Here are some swatches on NC43/44 skin:

L-R: Fiery Impact, Flaming Chic, Blazing Haute

L-R: Glorify, Double Definition darke part and lighter part, Whisper of Gilt

I'm not even going to bother posting the shadow swatches as it would just be misleading. I couldn't capture the color or duochrome at all. I swatched the shadows and EDSF with a cotton ball. This is how I do it at the store as I think it is a better representation of how it will wear on the cheeks but it took away the imprint. I have only used brushes on my other EDSF and the imprint is still there. Anyway, Blazing Haute was barely noticeable on my arm. I think my arms are slighly darker than my face but still. I'm hoping the other reports are right and that it is just the top layer.

The gold in Double Definition is pretty much the same as Whisper of Gilt but I think that the Double Definition is a pink more yellow as opposed to WOG but maybe they look the same on the face. Glorify is warmer, more metallic and more yellowy orange than the bronze in Double Definition.

No pics but I do like the shadows I picked up: Opalesse, Zestful and Smokey Mauve. I don't know if people will like these as they are super bright colors but they did put me in the mind of spring. They were light but they did show up on my arm so I'm assuming they will look fine on eyes as well. I may even pick up a few more colors.

Hoping the other EDSF show up soon (I haven't read this thread yet).

Jol0

I don't know if you can tell because I have bad lighting but here is a pic of me wearing At Dusk. I agree with the ladies, the color pay off is so so. I had to go back to the pan at least 3 times to get it to a desired shade I wanted.  Again, I am a blush gal so I love them anyway. lol Tomorrow I will be trying out Blazing Haute!:macwallet:
Still looks beautiful! I love Blazing Haute :) I feel like when the blushes are applied with a dense brush they show a lot better

cindypltnm81

I'm with you on this. After the swatches and seeing allurabeauty's vid...i now regret buying BH. It looks like 2 blushes i already own and rarely use at all because of the color payoff. I noticed in her vid that she had to go back a couple of times just to get a good enough color payoff. Nope sorry, $25.00 for a blush that i have to dig into to get enough color is not worth it! It'll be gone quick. I'd rather use what's in my stash. FI stays because i don't really have anything like it.
Hon, preach it! $25 to dig like that is soo NOT worth it! I'm sure you have a ton of blushes just as I do! Looks like FI is the only nice one! Allura beauty is fair and she was digging hard to get the color to show on her NC 20 skin! We fell into the hype once again!

liba

I tried out this whole collection yesterday - didn't have a chance to write about it until now.

Some observations:

The eyeshadows are sheeeeeeer. With a paint pot underneath, they lose their sheerness right away, though, so that's good. Just building the color up without a base won't really get rid of the sheerness. I do love the sheer quality though. If you loved the pale colors of the Pressed Pigments, but didn't want to deal with all that glitter and sparkle, THESE are the shadows for you - the pale blue, pale silver and Zestful are very close to some of the Pressed Pigment colors, but much easier to apply and no glitter. What's weird about this batch of EDES is that the texture is "drier" - I can't really use a better adjective- but dry in a good way. The older formula felt thicker and moister and kicked up more powder - also was a little fussy to build up or blend down without emphasizing my eyelid texture. Those problems have been eradicated here - no crepey effect if you accidentally apply too much and none of that "too thick" looking effect that happened especially with most of the colors in the first batch.

I loved all the colors but Zestful, Smokey Mauve, and Triple Impact especially stand out (I think I'm going to get them all except for the silver and the Opalesse). One cool thing about the sheerness and smoothness level on these: I was wearing Siahi f/l when I was trying them on and with Dimensional Blue over it, it looked extra bluish, but with Zestful over, Siahi turned a gorgeous emerald green. So basically, layering these over colored bases is going to come up with many beautiful combos!

The blushes also had that drier but not powdery texture and are all really something to behold. One thing people were complaining about was lack of pigmentation, especially in the lighter colors. This isn't exactly accurate!!! The main thing is, just like the shadows, these blushes really change when worn over foundation. Ones that were barely visible without foundation took on a phenomenal natural effect over the Mineralize foundation (which is what I tested them over). You know how a lot of the newer Mineralize Blushes don't look quite right over foundation but melt into the skin and look beautiful and naturally satiny over bare skin? Well, these blushes are like the opposite - they're all a little "meh" over bare skin, but over foundation, they look just like MBs without foundation, in other words, super natural stains of color with plenty of controllable pigmentation. If you normally wear foundation and never like the look of MBs and maybe sometimes struggle with the powderiness of standard blushes, these just might turn into Holy Grail material. I didn't think MAC could possibly come up with yet another blush that could grab my eye after last year, but they did it.

As far as blush colors go, Flaming Chic looks just like Marine Life on my skin tone - so cute! I really liked Bareness too, because like the Apres Chic MBs - it just brightens up your whole face without adding obvious color and no shimmer, like you'd get from a Pearlmatte. At Dusk was another one that really came through better over foundation, but also worked without foundation, just very subtly. Another option that brings the color of these blushes out is applying them over the EDSFs, but then you are adding shimmer which you might not want.

martiangurll

My final list
mac_wishlist.gif

Double Definition
Definitely Defined
Zestful
Smokey Mauve
At Dusk--just to try the formula

These are the ones I feel are the most unique and work for my coloring (I am NC20 for reference)

TY all for sharing your reviews and swatches
Oh yeah, I had to get both brushes

liba

Also thought about Double Definition, but I have to see live.
I thought Double Definition was the nicest of all three - reminded me of Earthshine, but a little better overall for my skin tone - Earthshine looked muddy on me but DD is really controllable to get just the right amount of cool brown and warm bronze mix to suit any cool, warm, red or yellow skin undertones.

Definitely Defined was the simplest one to use and least bronzer-like for my NC15 skin - it's NOT like Superb, which is much cooler.

Shape the Future was pretty orange-leaning on me. It still looked nice,though, not oompa loompa.

The main thing about all three of these, they have about the same shimmer and sheen as previous EDSFs, but the texture is a little drier, less thick and heavy, so the metallic effect is more subtle unless you apply over foundation and or wet your brush. The previous EDSFs were METALLIC with zero effort, but these you can get a wider range of effects - just have to put in a little extra work. I wanted to resist getting all three, but it looks like I just might anyways - if anything, I will skip Shape the Future, but only because it's not far off from Center of the Universe MSF and Alpine Bronze MB.

ALivingDoll

I'm not even going to bother posting the shadow swatches as it would just be misleading. I couldn't capture the color or duochrome at all. I swatched the shadows and EDSF with a cotton ball. This is how I do it at the store as I think it is a better representation of how it will wear on the cheeks but it took away the imprint. I have only used brushes on my other EDSF and the imprint is still there. Anyway, Blazing Haute was barely noticeable on my arm. I think my arms are slighly darker than my face but still. I'm hoping the other reports are right and that it is just the top layer.

The gold in Double Definition is pretty much the same as Whisper of Gilt but I think that the Double Definition is a pink more yellow as opposed to WOG but maybe they look the same on the face. Glorify is warmer, more metallic and more yellowy orange than the bronze in Double Definition.

No pics but I do like the shadows I picked up: Opalesse, Zestful and Smokey Mauve. I don't know if people will like these as they are super bright colors but they did put me in the mind of spring. They were light but they did show up on my arm so I'm assuming they will look fine on eyes as well. I may even pick up a few more colors.

Hoping the other EDSF show up soon (I haven't read this thread yet).
Yessss this is the swatch i've been waiting for lol. Thank you for sharing and yep BH is going to be sent back. I'm hoping i can get Flaming Chic @ Macy's next Thursday....it's lovely on your skintone.

ALivingDoll

Liba i always trust your reviews of products and make reference to them when a collex comes out. Your take on things always seems to be dead on. Thank you!

ALivingDoll

I don't know if you can tell because I have bad lighting but here is a pic of me wearing At Dusk. I agree with the ladies, the color pay off is so so. I had to go back to the pan at least 3 times to get it to a desired shade I wanted.

Again, I am a blush gal so I love them anyway. lol Tomorrow I will be trying out Blazing Haute!
mac_atemywallet.gif

Love the lippie! You look so pretty!