MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

erine1881

[COLOR=CC99FF]What is with all these randoms showing up lately just to try to start fights? -.-[/COLOR]
Right!? :crazy:
Dang, seems a bit tense in here *awkward silence* I just want to say, this is supposed to be a fun place to come to share and hear reviews and swatches of products. I appreciate everyones input and opinions, especially from professionals. It helps mere MU muggles like me make educated purchases especially when ordering online. Just trying to keep it upbeat. Back OT the only blush i ordered was bareness, i don't mind if there isn't much pigmentation, I'm pretty pale. I can see myself wearing bareness daily in the summer with me new fashion set lippies

SavannahLovely

From Keepitclassy_1 on instagram. For reference she says she's an NC40/42

I was not going to get any of the blushes, but I think I changed my mind after seeing these photos. I love at Dusk. :)
So gorgeous, thank you for posting this! Definitely made me confident in my picks for the blushes. I want all of them except Fiery Impact :)

Naughtyp

ok I kinda want at dusk again and triple Impact lol damn I thought I was gonna get off Scott free with this one!

Mac4Megan

NW15 (more neutral, slightly cool) i think thats considered jelly? Its pretty friggen pale lol And im just so happy to have people to share my MU addiction with.. my friends just don't understand
Right!? :crazy: Girl, you're always upbeat! Are you fellow jelly? I'm sure bareness will work out wonderfully!

janette9687

I honestly don't think Bareness is really supposed to show up very strongly. It's more like a brightener for your cheeks that adds some very subtle depth and volume and color balances, without using shimmer or overt light reflecting glow. Did you try Amber Glow MB from Apres Chic? Very similar idea, but without the shimmer and sheen you'd see from that one in some lighting. Bareness's color is less peachy than Amber Glow, more neutral nude.

I think it's gorgeous if you want a serious no-makeup makeup look. I guarantee you will fool everyone and will hear a lot of "wow you look really rested today!" comments. :p

I love them both, haha. I'd break it down by 2 factors: #1) Are you usually going to be wearing it over foundation or otherwise not just slapping it right on bare skin - in other words, are you OK with a blush that's not just one-and-done? #2) Do you want something for that subtle sculpting effect or do you want something that is more of a straight forward blush that adds color?

Bareness is the one for a nude or color-balanced cheek that sculpts without obvious shadows and shimmery peaks - if you need real color on the cheeks, you'll need to use it in conjunction with something else. At Dusk is for adding a little healthy pink glow to the cheeks, but it's not that sophisticated sculpted effect. I usually don't do well with pale pink cheeks, since I'm sallow, but At Dusk gave me that healthy youthful glow like you just pinched your cheeks, while looking really natural and not like Little Bo Peep. It's a great pale pink for older skin in particular.

From what I remember of some of the blushes you've bought, I'd say go with Bareness instead of At Dusk, since you already have standard pale pink blushes that you're happy with. Bareness will be more different from what you have and is honestly the most fashion forward of all 5 blushes, imo. Just don't expect a flushed effect - it's for accentuating, not coloring. Makeup magic tricks time!

Actually, my guess is none of these blushes are going to look ashy on anyone and that's what makes them unique. The texture is what would cancel out any ashen effect. They're just not powdery in any way, shape or form, plus they aren't shimmery or have obvious whitened base tone, and just sit on the skin in a very smooth way. None of the colors are particularly bluish or drastically cool toned, either. As great as the Tres Chic blushes are, even I couldn't pull off the pale lavender one, so if all of them worked for you, you are definitely not going to have any problems with these ED ones. Normally I say to try stuff out in person for yourself if you're ever on the fence, but this time I feel like I can stand by my impressions here and say "go for it!" to anyone who wants any of these. Really the only dangerous color is maybe Blazing Heat, but only because it might lean orange on very cool-toned, reddish people.

I used the dark, natural side for applying and the pale, synthetic side for blending the edges with that duo-fiber cheek brush. Up till now, I haven't owned on - I just have the eye brushes and the fantastic and amazing angled kabuki, which is my all-time favorite blending brush for my cheeks.

Just from your avatar picture, I bet you'd be able to make all 5 work for you - none of them are difficultly cool-toned and they're the opposite of thick or powdery in texture!! If you head to a store and play around with them, let us know how it turns out! I can only make an educated guess based on the color and the texture, but nothing beats hands-on experimentation.
Thanks a bunch, I totally understand what you mean, I love the natural glow look, I didnt get to try amber glow but it is on my list to get as well. I think bareness is something I will keep in mind but I am leaning more to getting. I appreciate your input and hard detailed recommendation :)

erine1881

NW15 (more neutral, slightly cool) i think thats considered jelly? Its pretty friggen pale lol And im just so happy to have people to share my MU addiction with.. my friends just don't understand
That definitely qualifies as jelly status!!! :pompom:

Spanky

I just want to say that this is a board where people are going to post their personal thoughts & feelings. Everyone is going to come across something & someone that offends them or puts them off. If there is truly an issue that you have and feel a need to express it, it would be best to talk to the person in a personal message. This is a very tight knit, loving community of people that share a passion for MU. What one may forget is that this may be people's only source of communication with people in a place where they feel comfortable. Real life has real problems and I know I come on here to get away from the drama not to watch it unfold.

cindypltnm81

This is a very tight knit, loving community of people that share a passion for MU. What one may forget is that this may be people's only source of communication with people in a place where they feel comfortable. Real life has real problems and I know I come on here to get away from the drama not to watch it unfold.
I concur.

Spanky

I don't know if you can tell because I have bad lighting but here is a pic of me wearing At Dusk. I agree with the ladies, the color pay off is so so. I had to go back to the pan at least 3 times to get it to a desired shade I wanted.  Again, I am a blush gal so I love them anyway. lol Tomorrow I will be trying out Blazing Haute!:macwallet:
Beautiful! Love Heroine on ya' girl! Work it.

Beautybuyer

Woah I have never seen such cattiness on here! I mean the riri forum got intense but not straight claws out. This is the one mostly female site I've been on that has been positive super sweet people! I don't even see why the claws are being brought out in the first place. These forums are to talk about product give swatches and give advice on what to purchase/ if it's worth your money. Someone giving their opinion on what they think could be causing problems is what this forum is for. I don't see why their needs to be rudeness. I don't see why anyone is feeling attacked? Anyway can't WAIT for my blushes!! I want to see the pink blue based (I think) in person! I can't remember the darn name

Spanky

I just got my goodies and I've been checking them out. One thing is for sure - swatch pics won't do the EDES any justice. Sooo pretty IRL!
Why? You all are such enablers! I was hoping after seeing swatches that I was going to get as much as I originally thought, but now it looks like I'm changing my mind...again.

Beautybuyer

From Keepitclassy_1 on instagram.  For reference she says she's an NC40/42 I was not going to get any of the blushes, but I think I changed my mind after seeing these photos.  I love at Dusk. :)
Yay I just keep getting happier and happier about my purchases! But I can usually make any color work it just more or less if I'd use it and I really am glad I got the darker ones! But the pink swatches KEEP tempting me ugh!!!

erine1881

Woah I have never seen such cattiness on here! I mean the riri forum got intense but not straight claws out. This is the one mostly female site I've been on that has been positive super sweet people! I don't even see why the claws are being brought out in the first place. These forums are to talk about product give swatches and give advice on what to purchase/ if it's worth your money. Someone giving their opinion on what they think could be causing problems is what this forum is for. I don't see why their needs to be rudeness. I don't see why anyone is feeling attacked? Anyway can't WAIT for my blushes!! I want to see the pink blue based (I think) in person! I can't remember the darn name
Right. I wasn't feeling attacked at all, nor do I feel i was attacking. I just don't appreciate words being put in my mouth, and I'll address it when it happens, as im sure anyone would. I think i composed myself pretty well too.

Spanky

I tried out this whole collection yesterday - didn't have a chance to write about it until now. Some observations: The eyeshadows are sheeeeeeer. With a paint pot underneath, they lose their sheerness right away, though, so that's good. Just building the color up without a base won't really get rid of the sheerness. I do love the sheer quality though. If you loved the pale colors of the Pressed Pigments, but didn't want to deal with all that glitter and sparkle, THESE are the shadows for you - the pale blue, pale silver and Zestful are very close to some of the Pressed Pigment colors, but much easier to apply and no glitter. What's weird about this batch of EDES is that the texture is "drier" - I can't really use a better adjective- but dry in a good way. The older formula felt thicker and moister and kicked up more powder - also was a little fussy to build up or blend down without emphasizing my eyelid texture. Those problems have been eradicated here - no crepey effect if you accidentally apply too much and none of that "too thick" looking effect that happened especially with most of the colors in the first batch.  I loved all the colors but Zestful, Smokey Mauve, and Triple Impact especially stand out (I think I'm going to get them all except for the silver and the Opalesse). One cool thing about the sheerness and smoothness level on these: I was wearing Siahi f/l when I was trying them on and with Dimensional Blue over it, it looked extra bluish, but with Zestful over, Siahi turned a gorgeous emerald green. So basically, layering these over colored bases is going to come up with many beautiful combos! The blushes also had that drier but not powdery texture and are all really something to behold. One thing people were complaining about was lack of pigmentation, especially in the lighter colors. This isn't exactly accurate!!! The main thing is, just like the shadows, these blushes really change when worn over foundation. Ones that were barely visible without foundation took on a phenomenal natural effect over the Mineralize foundation (which is what I tested them over). You know how a lot of the newer Mineralize Blushes don't look quite right over foundation but melt into the skin and look beautiful and naturally satiny over bare skin? Well, these blushes are like the opposite - they're all a little "meh" over bare skin, but over foundation, they look just like MBs  without foundation, in other words, super natural stains of color with plenty of controllable pigmentation. If you normally wear foundation and never like the look of MBs and maybe sometimes struggle with the powderiness of standard blushes, these just might turn into Holy Grail material. I didn't think MAC could possibly come up with yet another blush that could grab my eye after last year, but they did it. As far as blush colors go, Flaming Chic looks just like Marine Life on my skin tone - so cute! I really liked Bareness too, because like the Apres Chic MBs - it just brightens up your whole face without adding obvious color and no shimmer, like you'd get from a Pearlmatte. At Dusk was another one that really came through better over foundation, but also worked without foundation, just very subtly. Another option that brings the color of these blushes out is applying them over the EDSFs, but then you are adding shimmer which you might not want.
Hi Liba, I've been out of the loop, so I don't know if you are feeling better. I hope all that is behind you now. Quick question, do you feel like the blushes work better with liquid foundation only or do you think the results will be the same wearing the blushes on top of a powder foundation? Thanks for all you do! We love your reviews & thoughts. :)

Yazmin

I was not going to get any of the blushes, but I think I changed my mind after seeing these photos. I love at Dusk.
smiles.gif
holy shit! They all look good!
I already have Flaming Chic, Fiery Impact and Blazing Haute. I know Bareness will do nothing with my skin tone, but I'm still on the fence about At Dusk. Ordinarily, I wouldn't even consider it, but Small Vanity changed my perspective on that. Can't wait until I can swatch and know for sure!

erine1881

I already have Flaming Chic, Fiery Impact and Blazing Haute.  I know Bareness will do nothing with my skin tone, but I'm still on the fence about At Dusk.  Ordinarily, I wouldn't even consider it, but Small Vanity changed my perspective on that.  Can't wait until I can swatch and know for sure!
What about SV changed your mind about AD? Colourwise SV is more brown-toned (atleast on me) than AD, which is more of a true "blush pink". Definitely check it out in person tho. I thought it was gonna be too pink for me, but it's absolutely gorgeous!

Spanky

[ From Keepitclassy_1 on instagram.  For reference she says she's an NC40/42 I was not going to get any of the blushes, but I think I changed my mind after seeing these photos.  I love at Dusk. :)
Thanks for posting these, because I just completely did a 180, again. Since Allura's, T's, Erine's swatches, Liba's review came out & along with these pictures I've done a mess of 360's this week about this collection! These pictures are great! Do you know if she has a blog? I'd like to read what type of foundation she used, etc.

Spanky

Dang, seems a bit tense in here *awkward silence* I just want to say, this is supposed to be a fun place to come to share and hear reviews and swatches of products. I appreciate everyones input and opinions, especially from professionals. It helps mere MU muggles like me make educated purchases especially when ordering online. Just trying to keep it upbeat. Back OT the only blush i ordered was bareness, i don't mind if there isn't much pigmentation, I'm pretty pale. I can see myself wearing bareness daily in the summer with me new fashion set lippies