MAC in-store seminars

xLongLashesx

Quote:
From Events on the MAC website: "Learn from the M·A·C Pros in a seminar designed to teach you the techniques to enhance your skill of makeup application. Get M·A·C educated! $120 fee redeemable with purchase of M·A·C products on the day"

I've been eyeing this on the MAC website for a while now.

Have any of you girls been to one?

simplyenchantin

^^ It's probably on the Australian site
smiles.gif

xLongLashesx

yeah the aussie site.

in the first row of options it has events, promotions etc and this is here under events.

sambibabe

I think putrikadinal went Chapel st store seminar not long ago and she wrote about it in the haulage thread. You could look it up there or wait for her to log in
smiles.gif
I am planning to go for a makeover with a friend, so I can watch what MUA is doing to her eyes, etc. I think you get more personalised assistance that way.

xLongLashesx

Thanks for that, I went over and read what she wrote.

It doesn't look that good but I guess I can redeem back my $120 with product on the night so really, I won't have paid anything
tong.gif

boudoirblonde

I've been to one of them was aggess ago and it was AWESOME, it was just after the release of the palettes that had lace and such on them (not good at names), and the regional trainer came over to do it, and there were so many MUAs to help out, like 1 per 2 people. We learnt two looks, and we got a little brush booklet and a make-up bag free. And there were so much brushes and make-up to use! I think it might of actually been a VIP night though...

xLongLashesx

Wow, that's three different experiences! Putri said on the haulage thread that the MUA demonstrated on another and everyone just sat around watching.

I hope this is good like your first one but I'm not holding high hopes. I rang the counter this evening to book and the girl was so rude. She was like "what's your credit card number" and that was about it. I had to push for info as to what time it started, how long it goes for etc. I have no idea what the theme is!

Pinupsundae

If any of the girls in Adelaide are thinking about going to seminars in the next few weeks I dropped into the MAC counter at DJs to ask some stuff. Apparently the 22nd of July is all booked out, but there are still spots open for 26th of August (I put my name down for one there). $120 redeemable on products, you pay on the night.

For the August night it's an 'Intermediate' seminar and apparently they'll be doing one-on-one teaching with you, doing half your face and then letting you finish off the other half so you can ask all your questions etc. and see exactly how it's done. Runs from 6:15pm to 8:00pm and there are nibbles + champagne.
smiles.gif

rockin26

I had 2 friends do this at the MAC at Highpoint and they both liked it allot and learnt how to do smokey eyes and use fluid line. I suppose it's where you go, I've never had a problem with the gals at Highpoint
smiles.gif

Let us know how it goes LL

xLongLashesx

oh I ended up cancelling it!

I'd heard bad stuff and b/c I didn't have anyone to go with I thought I'd give it a miss.. I thought I'd be all scotty and alone
ssad.gif

Next time I'll leave enough time to rope a friend in to go with me.

rockin26

I'll go to one at Highpoint if you want someone to go with? Can always learn something new at those things
smiles.gif

tarnii

I would be really interested to hear if you go and what your experience is. I have been thinking about going to one in Brisbane but not too sure.....
th_confused_new.gif

rockin26

What aren't you sure about Tarnii? You'll have fun and you get the shop and the MUA's to yourself
smiles.gif

Latest posts