MAC in Times Square NYC

macaddict83

Hello Ladies!

I believe this has been mentioned before, but I was in the city the other day and saw that MAC is coming to Times Square!
yahoo.gif

I *think* the address is going to be Broadway.

PS I have tried searching and nothing comes up, so forgive me if there is already a thread about it.

coachkitten

I saw a sign like that on Dick Clark's New Years Eve special. I can't wait to go to that store the next time I am in NYC.

xKiKix

YAY!! next time i visit new york i hope they'll be done so i can go to the store, lol. thanks for letting us know.

abbyquack

I was just in NYC, and was sad that they hadn't opened yet, but it's an awesome location- they must be paying through the nose for that spot! I used to work in the Marriott Marquis across the street, I just wish this had been open then, b/c at the time, there were no conveniently located MAC stores, so I always had to go far out of the way. And now there's one in Grand Central Station too, which wasn't there before...sigh...

scarlettholly

i work right next to times square, and I also have a mac 5 blocks from my apt. this is going to be a disaster for me! Inglot is also nr times sq and I've heard they are a MAC competitor launching in US.

SUMM3RxBABii

Yeah, I think it's next to that Charmin bathroom place or whatever it is.
Ugh, since when did Times Square become all about fashion (F21 soon) and more makeup? -_-

DILLIGAF

I'm glad those places weren't there when I worked in Times Square. The most I had to deal with was one Sephora. Then again I wasn't the cosmetics obsessed person you see today.
greengrin.gif
I'm planning a trip back to see my parents soon. I'll start saving for my Times Square makeup tour. Right after I get The Spring Collection and Liberty of London out of my sights.

blurpleberry

owch, i'm probably never going to go to that one cuz of how hectic it is to get to times square... i'm more comfortable going to the mac up near west 67 street

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I saw a sign like that on Dick Clark's New Years Eve special. I can't wait to go to that store the next time I am in NYC.

iagree.gif

I
bigheart.gif
NY

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I was just in NYC, and was sad that they hadn't opened yet, but it's an awesome location- they must be paying through the nose for that spot! I used to work in the Marriott Marquis across the street, I just wish this had been open then, b/c at the time, there were no conveniently located MAC stores, so I always had to go far out of the way. And now there's one in Grand Central Station too, which wasn't there before...sigh...

Yes, I wish it would have been there already last April!!

But I will come back
winks.gif

macaddict83

UPDATE: It is slated to open in mid April and the hours will be 10am to midnight- HURRAH!

Oh and it will have a vertical LED Screen for a marque on the outside and include touch screen computers to view collections.

The actually addy is 1540 Broadway @ 46th Street.

macaddict83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Can anyone post pictures from this new MAC and the one at Grand Central Station?
sigh.gif

The one at Grand Central is literally a hole in the wall. Probably no more than 600 sq ft (including back area).... or about 56 sq meters.

The one in Times Square *should* be twice that. However, its facade is still covered. Or it was two weeks ago.

MAC should put avatar sized pics up on their site, so when you go to search for the shop, you can see the front. hmmmmmmm.

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaddict83
UPDATE: It is slated to open in mid April and the hours will be 10am to midnight- HURRAH!

Oh and it will have a vertical LED Screen for a marque on the outside and include touch screen computers to view collections.

The actually addy is 1540 Broadway @ 46th Street.

WOW!

I'm going to NY end May, I can't wait to see the new store.
And the Pro store of couse
smiles.gif

We can't B2M in Denmark, so I'll have to bring all my empties and depots
smiles.gif

IvyTrini

I'm glad this is coming to Times Square, especially since it will be opening later and in close proximity to Sephora and Inglot!

mteexo

ohh it's supposed to be the largest MAC in the world .. our trainer told us that. one of the guys I work with will be working the grand opening later this month .. only artist from our region! if you guys get a chance to pop [or fight your way in] to the grand opening, go! we were told LOTS of senior artists [though not all] and celebrities would be there .. if gaga or cyndi are there, i may have to kill my co-worker when he returns lol. jk!