MAC Indulge Collection (August 22, 2013)

Spanky

I am going thru some stressful times in my marriage and looking forward to this collection actually cheers me up. Sounds stupid when so much is at risk but it does
I'm so sorry to hear this, my heart aches for you. I can only hope that you find a resolution to what ails you both & most importantly that you find what the best way is to get through this & be happy. If a lipstick is going to temporarily soothe you, buy 40... You aren't alone & I know I speak for most of us who just want you to be better Debbs. I know there are a lot of us on here who are silently suffering & struggling with very difficult life issues. Trying to explain why Specktra is a such an amazing community is very hard. People think MU lovers website, why do you 'waste' so much time going on there, how many times you can talk about the nuances of a color. A lot of start off coming in here because you want to be with others who understand BUing up products & hunting down items you missed out on & it's almost like you never want to miss out on another mythical Queen's Sin LS or whatever our lemming is. But once you become involved & start to make friends it is so much more than a community of people who are obsessed about MAC & MU in general. It's the amazingly supportive group of women (mostly), which is very hard to find, especially as we get older. The authenticity of this beautiful group of people is just indescribable to others. I know I'm rambling, but I know I'm not the only one who truly wants the pain of what you are going through to disappear. I truly feel the majority of people on here want the best for others & that is not something you find everyday. Hugs to you. & enjoy whatever you get. :)

Candycoatedclos

& enjoy whatever you get.
smiles.gif
I definitely agree! I'm going through a split after a 9 year relationship and make up, shoes, and being on here has definitely brought some sunshine back into my life.

Spanky

Please help. I've been wearing red lippie since the 5th grade. After I found Moxie, a whole new love of bright, bold pink lippies took hold. Seeing as how I am very addicted to bold lippies, I would love to find a nude LS (I'm NC20) but not for my fair skin. I need a light lippie for when I do a bold eye. I don't follow the 'rules', especially the wearing a bold eye means I should downplay my lips. But I would very much like to have something that is a tad toned down in my arsenal. I am not one who wants to add a lipliner, etc. so I just want a nice bold nude that beauties with darker skin tones like (it doesn't have to be MAC, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I won't wear often). I was hoping FTS LS would be good but it's wayyyyyyy too light. Plus, I do not wear Lustres & am iffy on Creamsheens. Thank you :)

Spanky

I need someone to come over and teach me how to do it.  I remember using up an entire Blacktrack a few years ago, and never repurchasing until now and for some reason in 2013 I absolutely CANNOT do it, no matter what brush I use.  I'm like what's WRONG with me!  It's funny but not funny.  
shockt.gif
I've tried the 209 I was using before, angle brushes, bent liner brushes.  Nothing's working for me.  So weird. 
I hope I'm responding to you correctly, this is a response to your frustrations with the cat eye... I recently bought Trooper (a liquid liner) by Kat Von Dee (ugh I shudder a little every time I think I buy something from her line & really like it, but I digress...) Anyhow, I find its really easy to use & do a cat eye with. Perhaps you should try it? For a cheaper option is the L'Oreal liner, I'm drawing a blank on what the name of it is, but it's very easy to work with as well. If you would like to know which one it is, PM me & I'll grab it & send you the specific name & info. Also, having those qtips that have a pointed tip on one end & a flat end on the other are a life saver when trying to even things out a bit. Practice makes perfect & don't be so hard on yourself, you are your biggest critic & chances are no one is scrutinizing your MU that closely :) HTH.

Spanky

In the beginning, I've tried 266 and it was really a mess for me! Then I've purchased 210 and it's really good.. I still need to practice, but IMO it's the best brush for gel eyeliners.. a mua suggested it to me!
I love the 210 & 209 the most for gel EL & I have a bunch of different EL brushes. I have one from BB that I bought years ago & it works really great, as well, but the bristles are very wide in comparison to the aforementioned MAC brushes but because it is so thin it is very easy to work with. Also, there is a Smashbox bent EL brush that I love. I hardly ever reach for the Smashbox & BB brushes tho since finding Trooper & the 2 MAC brushes. I bought the Marc Jacobs Liquid Liner, but have yet to use it. I'm scared that it was over hyped on reviews but I had to get it & check it out. Anyone try this yet? Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Spanky

For red lippie lovers what so you all think about Just a Bite? Are you guys getting it? I have so many reds, but I don't know if I want to pass & miss something great...

Spanky

I definitely agree! I'm going through a split after a 9 year relationship and make up, shoes, and being on here has definitely brought some sunshine back into my life.
I'm sorry to hear about your split. Hang in there doll. Shoes, makeup, purses...so much better than gorging on food, alcohol & drugs. Don't get me wrong, in moderation those are okay (well depending on one's choice of drug). Some of those things have a time & place, but ultimately with food, drug & alcohol binges are only going to make one feel worse emotionally, physically, etc. Keep your head up & know that it does get better & you are in a good place if you need to vent or a little pick me up from lovely Specktarettes.

Spanky

Can anyone tell me what the us 2 day is or was that only for CAN? I can't decide to skip & just wait to see in person...I feel like if I pass I'm going to regret not ordering anything, but I'm trying to slow my roll, so buying sight unseen is not a good thing.

OctoberViolet

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I am going to skip this collection (ducks from flying makeup coming towards me) and wait for the Retro Matte collection and the other upcoming Fall/Winter collections. I hope everyone gets what they want. Happy Hauling Day!

GoldenGirl

Awww, thanks doll! I'll check out Trooper... why do you shudder? Are you not a KVD fan?

And pointy q tips! Why have I never thought of that? I have regular ones that I wet with makeup remover and use my fingers to meld into a point, but why didn't just think to buy the pointy ones? My goodness Specktra ladies are so helpful!
urock.gif

honey b

I can't decide to skip & just wait to see in person...I feel like if I pass I'm going to regret not ordering anything, but I'm trying to slow my roll, so buying sight unseen is not a good thing.
The US 2 day shipping code is INDULGE. The Canadian offer is just for free shipping since we only get free shipping if we spend over $65 (which is not hard to do
graucho.gif
)and it's CAITLIN.

Knope2012

For red lippie lovers what so you all think about Just a Bite? Are you guys getting it? I have so many reds, but I don't know if I want to pass & miss something great...
I bought it just now, after a 6 month MAC break. I haven't bought a red lippie since Ronnie Red with the Archie collection, so I wanted a pretty Fall red.

matchachoco

I'm tempted by these shadows! Yellow shadow is a weakness of mine, but I have Chrome Yellow, Going Bananas, and Sun Blonde, so it's hard to justify Three Ring Yellow! My mom was just at CCO on her way to a family reunion, wish I knew to have her look for TRY! She did get me Pink Tea and Full of Joy blushes, though, so I am very grateful. She refused to let me pay her back since I cat-sat while she & my dad were gone, but I think I got the better end of the deal! But that's neither here nor there. :) I love Beluga and Guilty Morsel but I must have something similar from Urban Decay...

lyseD

The US 2 day shipping code is INDULGE. The Canadian offer is just for free shipping since we only get free shipping if we spend over $65 (which is not hard to do
graucho.gif
)and it's CAITLIN.

INDULGE worked on my Canadian order for express shipping. Might I get it Friday?? Hope so.

meaghanb123

Bought feed the senses, divine decadence and fashion punch. Was tempted by beluga and S& o but I want to try those on as I'm wondering how black beluga will show up. Placed a second order when I found out the pro palettes were so drastically reduced and got another duo and single as well as some blush inserts- just waiting on the eyeshadow inserts to come back in stock