MAC interview questions

Tonitra

I just applied at MAC and am hopeful that they will get back to me about an interview. If they do (wish me luck, lol!) what steps would you recommend following when applying makeup to the model?

I know that your supposed to engage the client, and tell them about all the products and what you're doing, but what are all the steps one is supposed to go through, and do they include moisturizer and everything? I'd really, really appreciate it if someone could give me an outline so I can get an idea of a good order to follow.

The other question I have has to do with applying foundation. While I do wear foundation, the funny thing is I've never applied it with a brush... what are good rules for applying foundation (or moisturizer) with a brush?

Last question; how do they steralize the brushes they use on people? I've read about steralizing lipsticks and what not, but what about brushes?

Thanks so much!

jpohrer

At the last Pro Seminar, I learned to use a foundation brush to apply moisturizer first (reason: feels good and moisturizer remaining on brush thins out concealor and foundation for sheerer application). Then, use the tip of the foundation brush to apply concealor under the eyes, to the sides of the nose, around the sides of the mouth, etc. Next, use the foundation brush to apply foundation. I hope this helps! Good luck!

Latest posts