MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2009 Discussion

Karen_B

Will Hyper real still will be available internationally do you think? I love that foundation, and there is no PRO store in my country
ssad.gif

Shoegal-fr

Re: Official Discontinued Items List August '08 - Updated 14 Nov 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
Will Hyper real still will be available internationally do you think? I love that foundation, and there is no PRO store in my country
ssad.gif

I don't think so... On the French website, all of the Hyper Real shades have the Triangle of Death...

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
I don't think so... On the French website, all of the Hyper Real shades have the Triangle of Death...

Oh man, that sucks. Well, I'll need to stock up then... sigh.

glamqueen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
Oh man, that sucks. Well, I'll need to stock up then... sigh.

since Åhléns City Stockholm started tto take in pro items (such as face&body and the e/s and blushpans, there is a good chance the will keep Hyper Real! we'll just have to ask them next time wepass the counter.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Not all shades of the Full Coverage Foundation aren't up on the pro site yet but the foundation is gone on the regular website.
eeksign.gif

Will they definitely all be pro items? I'd like to try the foundation in NC15 but I'd love to wait until next year.
SOS.gif

I am wondering the same thing because I don't see the Loose Blot Powder on the Pro site either and now I am concerned.

cocodivatime

Re: Official Discontinued Items List August '08 - Updated 11 Sep 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
I am really surprised about Saddle. It is such a nice color. Hopefully they will stay in the US, or at least as PRO colors!

OMG they better not DC Saddle in the US. I live in Saddle. I pretty much find a way to wear it with everthing. Its like my background color.

BOOO on MAC
nonono.gif

chocedition

Does anyone know off hand the batch code or codes for the Frost pigment? Everything seems ok but just need to check if what I have is alright. Mine says A56

erine1881

just lettin' ya'll know that we started our RTVs yesterday. all the holiday sets are now gone, along with almost all the LE stuff from past collections (i think from before metal urge).

we're scanning out some of the stuff that's been DC'd too, including foxy lady, the colored shadesticks, some of the LLL, among others.

so if you wanted some of this stuff, you better hurry.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
just lettin' ya'll know that we started our RTVs yesterday. all the holiday sets are now gone, along with almost all the LE stuff from past collections (i think from before metal urge).

we're scanning out some of the stuff that's been DC'd too, including foxy lady, the colored shadesticks, some of the LLL, among others.

so if you wanted some of this stuff, you better hurry.

*waves them goodbye*
crybaby.gif

miss-lilly

I just came back from my local MAC store and all the items that will be discontinued are -50% (I'm not sure if that happens in other countries as well
th_dunno.gif
) so as you can imagine I bought too many things
th_DANCE.gif

I read the list at page 4 and I'm sad to add some more items that will be discontinued (at least here) ~ I'm not sure if they are mentioned anywhere else...:
Cedar l/l
Mystic l/s
Nico l/g
Oh Baby l/g
Underworld l/s
Abstract n/p
Desire l/s
Del Rio l/s
Shitaki l/s
Icon l/s
Trance Plant l/g
Brown Script matte2 e/s
Soft Brown e/s

I'll update if I remember more...

Ambonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
I just came back from my local MAC store and all the items that will be discontinued are -50% (I'm not sure if that happens in other countries as well
th_dunno.gif
) so as you can imagine I bought too many things
th_DANCE.gif

I read the list at page 4 and I'm sad to add some more items that will be discontinued (at least here) ~ I'm not sure if they are mentioned anywhere else...:
Cedar l/l
Mystic l/s
Nico l/g
Oh Baby l/g
Underworld l/s
Luna CCB
Fawntastic CCB
Abstract n/p
Desire l/s
Del Rio l/s
Shitaki l/s
Icon l/s
Trance Plant l/g
Brown Script matte2 e/s
Soft Brown e/s

I'll update if I remember more...

shockt.gif

Did you actually see the discontinued list?? Or did an artist tell you? I can't imagine them discontinuing Oh Baby (I sell like 5 a day lol) or Soft Brown and Brown Script (two of my counters top selling browns.) The others I can imagine (hope it's not true-but can imagine) but not the 3 I mentioned.

I know our counter has been out of Blot powder forever, along with all the other counters within a 50 mile radius. Everyone swears it's being discontinued, I've even heard artists tell customers that. But at update the trainers said it was on temporary backorder and there's no way MAC would discontinue such a popular item. My trainer said don't believe it until you see it on the actual "discontinued list" that is at the counter. So now I stand by that motto.
yes.gif

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambonee
shockt.gif

Did you actually see the discontinued list?? Or did an artist tell you? I can't imagine them discontinuing Oh Baby (I sell like 5 a day lol) or Soft Brown and Brown Script (two of my counters top selling browns.) The others I can imagine (hope it's not true-but can imagine) but not the 3 I mentioned.

Dunno about others, but Soft Brown is under Goodbyes in UK.

BionicWoman

I agree...
I find it difficult to believe that Oh Baby Lip Glass as well as Soft Brown, and Brown Script Eye Shadows are being discontinued. Those are top sellers.

MAC_Whore

I wouldn't get too upset over that list until we see it in the US. I can never see the day that MAC DCs Nico or Oh Baby. They sell waaaay too many to do that.

miss-lilly

I completely agree with everything that's been said so far ~ I can't imagine why products like Oh Baby and Nico may be discontinued
th_dunno.gif

All these items plus the ones that are on the pg 4 list were -50% off at the MAC store and I was told that the reason for the discount is that they are being discontinued

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I wouldn't get too upset over that list until we see it in the US. I can never see the day that MAC DCs Nico or Oh Baby. They sell waaaay too many to do that.

yeah there's no way oh baby is getting the boot, tho it should in my opinion. its sumthin nasty!

and i don't even remember the last time we sold a nico at my counter.
th_confused_new.gif
it needs to go too!

MAC_Whore

MAs and consumers please feel free to discuss any items you have heard are being DCd. In the interest of validity, please list your source if you are comfortable with that (i.e. Official MAC DC List, your MA, etc). You don't need to give specifics (i.e. your MAs name/store, what store you work at, etc). Thanks.

Chat away, loves.
winks.gif

Jade M

Okay so we were updating our displayers with the new schematics that came through and were a bit shocked to see some of our best friends missing
ssad.gif

I'm hoping it's some kinda mistake, but amongst others my favs 'Snob' 'Vegas Volt' 'Lady Bug' 'Pink Plaid' 'Hot Tahiti' 'Impassioned' were all absent from the lipstick schematic!

Someone tell me its a mistake .... PLEASE !!!

Updated: Okaaaaaay so they aren't being discontinued, merely they are not on the schematics ... so they are still available, just being kept in beakers for a while.

pinky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni4bebe
ah my ma said she thought snob was being discontinued....good to know it isn't!

omg noooooo thats one of my fav. lipsticks oh hell nooo!!!!!!

Latest posts