MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2020

verorl

There are eye shadows getting the axe... Cork better not be one of them, that is my eyebrow color!!! I would buy at least 20 if discontinued!

mushroomteagirl

The 217s brush is in the goodbyes section on the UK website! I never picked up any brushes after the switch to synthetic so I dont know if this would still be a favourite of anyone now anyway. I wonder if they will be bringing back the goat hair version...

verorl

Did Springsheen blush get discontinued???? Mine is showing pan, and I can't find it on the MAC website anymore, also not on Macy's.

The 217 brush was perfect. I have 6 natural hair ones, and have heard that the synthetic was crap. They ruined one of their most amazing brushes (they ruined most of their brushes!). If they brought back natural hair, it would be great.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Not on Bloomies, either. Maybe it got DCed last year along with a bunch of other stuff (e.g., eyeshadows in Soba, All That Glitters, Sumptuous Olive, possibly others?)?

The 217s brush is in the goodbyes section on the UK website! I never picked up any brushes after the switch to synthetic so I dont know if this would still be a favourite of anyone now anyway. I wonder if they will be bringing back the goat hair version...

The synthetic 217 is still available in the US. If you want a goat hair option, I highly recommend the Hakuhodo J5523. The bristles are slightly longer, the handle is shorter, and the hairs are softer. (I have and use both it and the old 217.)

Monsy

they are probably just getting rid of the short handle version

shellygrrl

Staff member
There are no short-handled brushes on there. She means the full size.

Also on sale on the UK site: the 266S brush (which is labeled as "temporarily out of stock").

Icecaramellatte

I went looking for them yesterday. I thought maybe some stores might have some left. One counter told me they were redoing them. Other told me they were discontinued. I'm hoping the first one was right but then again, why would they need to be redone?

afulton

I
those were amazing! btw clinique ones are identical
I agree...I was a faithful mac wipes gal but grew tired of the out of stock problem when I needed to replenish them. I tried the Clinique wipes and never looked back. Most CCO's carry them so you also get a discount.

MAC4TV

I went looking for them yesterday. I thought maybe some stores might have some left. One counter told me they were redoing them. Other told me they were discontinued. I'm hoping the first one was right but then again, why would they need to be redone?
A gal at a MAC counter says they are coming back in April. She said MAC was making them more eco-friendly.

MAC4TV

Has the Next To Nothing powder disappeared for good? It was there last week. They did a slight redesign to their website and poof! It is gone now.

Latest posts