MAC "light" Red lipstick?

GlassRose0

Hello!

I'm searching for a MAC lipstick that is lighter in colour than the ones I have tried... I had Russian Red and Red Pepper (pro line, a bit more muted than VIVA GLAM I but also a deep shade). Russian Red was just too intense on me, totally overpowering my face... the deeper one looks nice but is too dark and vampy looking...

I have light skin, about NC15/NC20 with neutral/slight warm undertone, very dark hair and eyes... I have done my research online but didn't find a Red lipstick by mac that was a lighter shade than theese I tried. Also I really don't like very glossy and shiny lipstick and orange red look hideous one me :S Is there any other shade I should try?

Thanks!!

ThePowderPuff

Try Cockney. It's red but because it's a luster it's a less pigmented and more transparent than the others. I use that as my everyday red. I love it. I am NC15/20.

Vixstar

Try Cockney. It's red but because it's a luster it's a less pigmented and more transparent than the others. I use that as my everyday red. I love it. I am NC15/20.
Agreed - I'm NC05-NC15 and Cockney is a more subtle red on me (I also go for lipglasses but notice that you don't like the shine). The other alternative is to try using a lip pencil to colour in your lips perhaps? With a dab of lip balm over the top, that would give a more subtle colour.

dreamer246

I agree with the others on Cockney and Brave Red, Ladybug too. There is also a really pretty red lipstick from the sheen supreme range, can't remember what it's called. However, they have a more glossy finish than Russian Red and Red Pepper. You can check out On Hold and Viva Glam Cyndi as well, they appear somewhat reddish on my lips.

ROlean

Hi, As an NC20, with rather pigmented lips, I think Capricious is the perfect red. It has a plumish undertone which helps balance it out, but I don't notice it once its on. It's my HG lipstick, and the only red I've found that doesn't look garish on my pale olive skin.