MAC lightful c tinted cream vs. mineralize moisture foundation?

leonah

Hi there!

I'm completely new to this forum but heard it's especially good for MAC lovaas ;) hehe..

Anyway my first question to this forum is which one is better between the lightful c tinted cream or mineralize moisture foundation? I'm in between these and don't know which one I want to purchase. I know that tinted cream is not the same as a foundation but in this case I've read a bit that they're both good for dry/very dry skin (which I have a struggle with) and good for that everyday-no- heavymakeup kinda look. I only want something sheer/medium coverage but that is good for dry skin as my foundation usually flakes and have very dry spots = foundation looking ugly and patchy ughh.. As I have pretty good skin except for the dryness I don't want too much coverage I have my studio finish concealer for my few blemishes that comes every now and then. Please help! :) I currently don't have time to try them out right now and they have 15% off online only during the summer so :) thanks!

geeko

i would go for mineralized moisture. I have tried a sample of lightful tinted cream and it was kinda patchy on my drier areas. I love mineralized moisture foundation.

and another alternate foundation for mac good for very dry skin is the face and body foundation. very hydrating

I have comb - dehydrated skin... and ecezma prone skin

leonah

oh I forgot to add, what kind of brush is best used for this type of foundation? I heard it's more "wet" when applied and I have only had studio fix and studio sculpt before and don't think they are like that when applied on my dry skin.

geeko

Studio fix gives a natural mate finish

and studio sculpt a natural finish (not mate but not satin either)

Whereas mineralized moisture gives a natural satin finish (which means it has the dewy finish when applied)

I would prefer to use a stripplling brush like a #130 to buff this foundation in.

if u have really dry skin, try to avoid using studio fix fluid as that is more suitable for pple with combination oily skin

leonah

I was recommended studio fix a long time ago now when I had worse skin around the start of my 20s (now soon to be 26) but I never use it now. studio sculpt was good before with my before-acne prone skin (not anymore though now I have only very dry skin with a few zits once every now and then) but I think the tube is old now so I don't use it either.. will probably just back2mac them later on as soon as I get to a country that has it since our stores don't have that here yet
ohboy.gif

is it better with the brush head to be shorter or with longer if I don't want too much coverage? I already have a brush like MAC's 187 but thinking about getting the shorter one (that you recommended) too.

geeko

if u dun wan too much coverage u use 188 or 180 as the bristles are longer n dun give as much coverage as the 130

130 is good if u like a bit more coverage though..it's shorter n slightly more dense than the 188, i like it for applying liquid foundations