MAC Lightness Of Being Collection (Dec 26, 2014)

livnzoe

Here's a (blurry) picture of my Perfect Topping, the only product I got from this collection:

A nice mix of colours
smiles.gif

Swatched it looks like a mix of The Balm's Cindy & Mandy-Loumizers, but on my face I find it a bit disappointing actually, Lightscapade (I have the 2014 repackaged version, with lots of veining) looks better on me imo.
I got the original perfect topping from a collection a few years ago which i can't remeber. when i look at your Picture i wish i haven't gotten the original one and bought this one instead. I love the knitted pattern!!

MandyVanHook

I think the variation of the swatches is attributable more to the difference in skin shades and undertones rather than deviation from standard production. I went there hoping for the same pretty swatch on your picture, but I guess since I'm medium NC, there was little expectation that it would show up like that on me. And indeed it was not to be, which was a let down because I really like the way it shows on you. It''s what I wanted Porcelain Pink msf to look on me.
Oh, no, there really is huge batch variation. I swatched some at the counter (after I got mine in the mail) that just went on a peachy beige even against my porcelain skin. With that being said, there is definitely less of a chance of the pink popping against medium and darker skin, so that probably does have something to do with it, too. I will have to try mine on some other people and report back.

samanthadee1688

I'm not too fond about the pattern to be honest, I prefer the normal domes :) Happy to enable ;) Thanks! I ordered it online, so I had no idea whether I'd gotten a "good" one or not, so I was very happy to see this lovely mix :)
I'm with you I'm not too fond of the design either. It crumbles easy and I feel like my highlighter brush picks it up weirdly because of the design.

crystalzi

My mom just gave me her lightscapade from this collection since she never opened it. How did I go so long without lightscapade? It is so beautiful! Had to share my excitement. :)

montREALady

Got this at a CCO last Thurs and I love it! Apparently it was unreleased from the Temp Rising collection? As per my Googling, lol! Also it appears as though they previously named a lipglass from the Give Me Liberty of London collection Frankly Fresh too. The undertones of this one are gold. Sorry, I didn't go past your posts to see what anyone else said about it...

Latest posts