MAC Lippies in Cashmere (color)??

KristenLeeD

Hello everyone,
With all the talk lately about "Cashmere" i was wondering what everyone's favorite Cashmere (color) looking MAC lippy is ?? I would really appreciate Your suggestions / opinions. I'm interested in both a matte lip and frost, glaze, lustre or satin finishes. I'd really love something I can wear matte or matte out and for other occasions something that has some real gorgeous shine.
Thank You to one and all in advance for all the replies.
Kristen

KristenLeeD

no replies.... hmmmm
ssad.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think your wording in the subject line is a bit confusing/misleading. "MAC Lippies in Cashmere" suggests they have lipsticks with a cashmere finish (they don't). Or they have a lippie named "Cashmere" (they don't). What do you mean by "cashmere-looking"? Personally, I've not seen much discussion about that sort of thing, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I also think your request needs to be more specific. You list finishes you're interested in, but what else? Do you want vampy shades? Reds? Nudes? Pinks? Do you want colours that will suit your skintone? What is your skintone? When you're asking for recs for a product, you need to be absolutely clear in what you're asking for and give as much information as possible.

KristenLeeD

Opinions on: Velvet Teddy (Matte)
Viva Glam II (Satin)
Honeylove (Matte)
Fresh Brew (Lustre)
Touch of Earth (Mineralize)
Siss (Satin)

metalandmakeup

I'm super shocked you moderate a makeup board and haven't heard of this lipstick lol. Cashmere is a Lime Crime Velvetine lipstick. That is the color she wants. She stated the finish already, but if you look up that lipstick, you will be able to better recommend her a lip color.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm super shocked you moderate a makeup board and haven't heard of this lipstick lol. Cashmere is a Lime Crime Velvetine lipstick. That is the color she wants. She stated the finish already, but if you look up that lipstick, you will be able to better recommend her a lip color.
I maintain she needed to be more specific and that her thread title was misleading. She did not state Cashmere is a Lime Crime lipstick (it is a brand I know of but avoid because of its past business practices), and not everyone (including us mods) visits every thread every day. And there are regular forumers who don't visit the sections outside MAC Chat. Specifics are important to me and to others.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
In fairness, Chanel has a lipstick called Cashmere too. So does Le Métier de Beauté.
peace2.gif

To answer the question, I can't really think of a MAC dupe for Lime Crime Cashmere. I don't know if you have Nude and/or Styled in Sepia, but those are the closest ones I can think of. Both are limited edition though. Perhaps you could try Stone Lip Pencil under Viva Glam II?

P.S. I moved this thread to MAC Recommendations.

Howards End

Touch the Earth Mineralize lipstick is still available on the MAC website. Might be a close dupe to the lc Cashmere. And of course Stone l/p is perm

Latest posts