MAC Lips & Tips discussion

Hersheykisseslv

So I found on Allura Beauty and Temptalia that there will be a collection released on May 3rd called Lips and Tips. It will take 13 popular lipsticks, one LE lipstick & two lip pencil shades for a total of 16 shades and create a lipglass and nail color version of them. All lipsticks are permanent except Chesnut, Razzledazzler and Spice. All lipglasses and nail polishes are LE except for Russian Red lipglass. The shades are Angel,Chestnut (LE),Girl About Town, Impassioned, Morange, Myth, Peachstock, Pink Nouveau, Please Me, Ravishing, Razzledazzler(LE), Rebel, Russian Red, Saint Germain, Snob and Spice. Here is a link to the collection; there are some promo pics http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/mac-lips-tips-collection/. and http://www.temptalia.com/mac-lips-tips-fashion-sets-collection-for-summer-2012.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Those should be the colours for the european release, as far as I know the colours in the US (?) will be different, and will include Snob, Pink Nouveau, Please me, Girl about Town, Russian Red, Impassioned and Morange, I think. I read it on a german blog.
This is disappointing, Snob is my favourite lipstick ever and I also would prefer Pink Nouveau, Please me and Girl about Town over the colours we get over here. So maybe I'll try to get a CP for Snob n/p and l/g.

Hersheykisseslv

Those should be the colours for the european release, as far as I know the colours in the US (?) will be different, and will include Snob, Pink Nouveau, Please me, Girl about Town, Russian Red, Impassioned and Morange, I think. I read it on a german blog.
This is disappointing, Snob is my favourite lipstick ever and I also would prefer Pink Nouveau, Please me and Girl about Town over the colours we get over here. So maybe I'll try to get a CP for Snob n/p and l/g.

I wanted Rebel and Spice is Nice! Funny how you want some of the US colors and I want some of the European colors lol.

MACina

I am interessted in several glosses and maybe a few polishes (depends on their texture/quality).
Fortunatly I do already own the lipsticks!

Knope2012

I think the only way I'll pick up the glosses is if they differ a bit from the lipsticks and make it a better color. Sort of the way Force of Love lipglass has some extra shimmer. The polishes are likely a skip as I have over 200 and could find dupes for most in my collection.

MACina

Yes,I agree....it would be perfect if the glosses had some shimmer.

I think the only way I'll pick up the glosses is if they differ a bit from the lipsticks and make it a better color. Sort of the way Force of Love lipglass has some extra shimmer. The polishes are likely a skip as I have over 200 and could find dupes for most in my collection.

martiangurll

I think I want all of the glosses. Nail Lacquer is a skip for me, I like OPI or China Glaze better. If Spice lipstick leans yellow and has some sparkle in it, I may like it. I have most of the lipsticks already.

Knope2012

I regret not getting Force of Love l/g because I figured it was just a liquid version of the lipstick. Now that I see the silver shimmer, I wish I had! I think Rebel l/g with some gold shimmer would be gorgeous, but that's just me. If MAC will do this for the lipglasses, I'll at least get 2 or 3. I could use something to go with Pink Noveau.

martiangurll

I regret not getting Force of Love l/g because I figured it was just a liquid version of the lipstick. Now that I see the silver shimmer, I wish I had! I think Rebel l/g with some gold shimmer would be gorgeous, but that's just me. If MAC will do this for the lipglasses, I'll at least get 2 or 3. I could use something to go with Pink Noveau.

FOL had silver shimmer? I guess I could get that by layering some silver pigment into a similar gloss, but this makes me want to hunt it down...coral with silver shimmer sounds lovely

Knope2012

kisou

Right there with you about Pink Nouveau! I bought that color a while ago on a whim and love it!-- I would really appreciate a yummy l/g to really take it up a notch!

MACina

Oh,I just noticed that the polishes do all have a creme finish...I can cut my list down then!
I will only get glosses and maybe 1 or 2 polishes (Impassiond and Morange?).

Knope2012

Right there with you about Pink Nouveau! I bought that color a while ago on a whim and love it!-- I would really appreciate a yummy l/g to really take it up a notch!

Me too! It's a perfect pink for me, and I would love a gloss with some subtle shimmer to give it a new dimension .I don't own Impassioned thanks to all the corals lately, but I may pick that up along with the gloss that matches. The gloss for Rebel is a possibility too; I love that lipstick!

martiangurll

Yes, this is where I first saw it mentioned, as well as in a few other reviews: http://blushingnoir.com/2012/03/mac-force-of-love-lipglass-swatches-and-review-chen-man/ If I'd seen that mentioned here, I probably would've picked it up. I may still seek it out.

I love the silver sparkle but its too pink--I want coral leaning orange. I guess the Morange will have to do, maybe I can layer She Zam over it for silver sparkle...or just use silver glitter...not sure its lip safe, but oh well

GlamQueen21

Just to let you guys know in this collection, we are getting all of the colors. Even Saint Germain l/g. The lipglasses are going to be LE as well as Spice l/s, l/g and n/p.

Prettypackages

who am I fooling, I'd get all of these glosses except for spice is nicce. I wish it wasn't coming out in May, with Hey Sailor.