MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

rockin

Urgh, I didn't even looks at prices. It seems that MAC adds a dollar or two to every collection, even if it's not special packaging. Posh Paradise has also higher prices.

Annual price rises, apparently.

Temptalia wrote this on Twitter earlier:

Yes, MAC will be increasing prices come August on certain products - looks like eyeshadows, eye kohls, and nail lacquers for sure so far!

xbarbiieex1

My list for now :
[h=3]Lady Grey Eyeshadow Quad $45.50 CDN[/h] [h=3]Evil Eye Eyeshadow Quad $45.50 CDN[/h] [h=3]Lipstick Secret Lover $17.00 CDN[/h] [h=3]Lipstick Peachstock $17.00 CDN[/h] [h=3]Cream Colour Base Seaside $20.50 CDN[/h] [h=3]Blush Stunner $23.50 CDN (maybe)[/h] TOTAL: 169$

MACcrazy

ugh pain but at the same time its not dramatic like $30 eyeshadow or something, then i would be compleatly pissed off
Annual price rises, apparently.

Temptalia wrote this on Twitter earlier:

Yes, MAC will be increasing prices come August on certain products - looks like eyeshadows, eye kohls, and nail lacquers for sure so far!

shontay07108

Wasn't the shadows $14.50 before? Oh, boy. Anyway, I think I will buy a shadestick or two. I will get Cakeshop even though I had it before and tossed it. I didn't know what to do with it. I want Street Cool, but the way it looks in the photo does not coincide with it's description. I will wait and see. Still getting shadows in Creamy Bisque, Carbonized and Outre. I am most excited for Outre. Looks like a fall version of Sun Blonde. I was thinking of getting two 226 brushes, but one is enough and Stunner sounds like it might be nice. Hope it shows up on my skin. Is it Aug 25, yet? :D

Sass

Came to report my list...

offshoot l/s
carbonized e/s
mythical e/s
outre e/s
all of the f/l
fatigues n/l

prince noir l/s ??
evil eye quad (please be pigmented) ??

ladyarwen

Alrighty, here's my preliminary list:
Peachstock ls
Oh, Oh, Oh ls
Runway Red ls
Prince Noir ls
Rebel ls
Curvaceous lg
Plum Fun lg
Social Light lg
Good Times lg
Spite lg
Lady Grey quad
Evil Eye quad
Mythical es
Carbonized es
Satin Taupe es
Stunner blush

This list will DEFINITELY shorten as time goes on and swatches appear. If any of the lipglasses are on the sheer side, then they're gone.

PinkBasset

Alrighty, here's my preliminary list:
Peachstock ls
Oh, Oh, Oh ls
Runway Red ls
Prince Noir ls
Rebel ls
Curvaceous lg
Plum Fun lg
Social Light lg
Good Times lg
Spite lg
Lady Grey quad
Evil Eye quad
Mythical es
Carbonized es
Satin Taupe es
Stunner blush

This list will DEFINITELY shorten as time goes on and swatches appear. If any of the lipglasses are on the sheer side, then they're gone.

Good thing is that Peachstock, Rebel, Spite and Satin Taupe are all permanent, so you can get them whenever you like. :)

ladyarwen

Peachstock is PRO, and I hate calling in orders for anything. The others I want to see swatches and reviews for first from Christine. (She might have some old ones up already, I'll have to look.)

Mac-Guy

I hope we find out soon about the Pro Cheek Sculpture collex. If it is as good as I anticipate, I will most likely skip the blushes from MMO, especially as I expect the Cheek collection to be in pro pans.

And who is excited about the new CCBs? I might pick up Take Root.

Mac-Guy

Maybe it is just me, but I wish the third - neutral - part of the collection had a more interesting name than just "MAC Basics."

"Islandic Cool," "New Black," and then "Basics." C'mon MAC, give us an exciting name to make the basics more appealing.

ladyarwen

I found Satin Taupe on Temptalia, and it's beautiful. I'll wait until the collection comes out to get it though. I couldn't find swatches for Rebel and Spite. Peachstock I'm now on the fence about...

OH THE SHADESTICKS! I'm interested in Cakeshop, but I'm not sure about any others. We'll have to see.

shontay07108

[quote name="ladyarwen" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/300#post_2142833"] I found Satin Taupe on Temptalia, and it's beautiful. I'll wait until the collection comes out to get it though. I couldn't find swatches for Rebel and Spite. Peachstock I'm now on the fence about...

OH THE SHADESTICKS! I'm interested in Cakeshop, but I'm not sure about any others. We'll have to see.
[/quote] Here is a link to Rebel http://www.temptalia.com/mac-rebel-lipstick-review-photos-swatches Here is a link to Spite http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-unsung-heroes-lipglass-in-spite/ I used to hate, hate, hate Satin Taupe on me, but loved it on everyone else. Now, I found how I can wear it. I love to wear it with plum type colors and oranges. I never would've tried that without seeing another girl do it first. I used to pair it with browns and it made me look sick.

ladyarwen

Thanks Shontay! Rebel is gorgeous, so I believe that one will be staying. Spite is now on the fence with Peachstock though.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Can you use fluidlines as bases for eyeshadow? I want to buy Avenue just to wear it under Golden Gaze.
I do! I find they make excellent, long-wearing bases.

I hadn't noticed the price differences at first. The increases are doubly insulting if you're in Canada, because they're gouging us on currency.

Piarpreet

So many perm products :) ! thats a good thing to get attention to them and for me to save money.

I really think i need moleskin to blend and i wonder how carbonized looks compared to sparkle neely sparkle

elegant-one

I hope we find out soon about the Pro Cheek Sculpture collex. If it is as good as I anticipate, I will most likely skip the blushes from MMO, especially as I expect the Cheek collection to be in pro pans.

And who is excited about the new CCBs? I might pick up Take Root.

I am!!!! I will buy almost any CCB

Mac-Guy

So many perm products :) ! thats a good thing to get attention to them and for me to save money.

I really think i need moleskin to blend and i wonder how carbonized looks compared to sparkle neely sparkle
Good point. I hope that Carbonized is a darker frost but no sparkles...