MAC MAKEUP and HALLOWEEN

So as we all know halloween and the use of any makeup is like the most amazing day. We can express, apply and go seriously crazy mode with all our makeup! What are some looks your thinking about creating, and what products will you be using when choosing your mac makeup?

mrsdee

Can't believe no one has posted on this thread yet. I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween! hehe

Any who, I will be dressing up as my version of Wonder Woman this year. I've been researching looks for about a week or so. I finally found what I want to recreate.

Its the promo image from the MAC - Colour Ready Collection (2009)

I want to make it my own, keeping with the overall look.

Wonder if I should change the lid color to a bright yellow (chrome yellow e/s??) and use more blue to crease (fluildline in waveline or royal wink?
Will be doing a red 3D lip to go along with the look.
Any suggestions? advice?

hwdsprincess

I was thinking the same there's no Halloween posts?? Well I don't think I'm doing anything to my face but my daughter is going to be Sally from the Nightmare before Xmas so I'll be doing her makeup and I can't wait I've seen a few looks I like I just hope I can pull off the grayish blue looking skin tone and what to use to contour her face and neck.

mrsdee

I was thinking the same there's no Halloween posts?? Well I don't think I'm doing anything to my face but my daughter is going to be Sally from the Nightmare before Xmas so I'll be doing her makeup and I can't wait I've seen a few looks I like I just hope I can pull off the grayish blue looking skin tone and what to use to contour her face and neck.
I know right? Halloween makeup is soooooooo much fun!!!!
what are you going to use to make her face pale/grey?
I was a pin-up zombie last year and I had a heck of a time trying to make face pale AND greenish. I first tried the white Halloween makeup they sell in a tube (walmart) but that stuff cracks (not cute)!!!! yuck. then I bought the white cream halloween makeup that they sell at walmart also, and it worked a little better but just had a hard time building up the color (it stayed creamy and was hard to set) and tried my best to add shades green & black eyeshadow to contour. here is a pic

I'm sure there is better product out there to achieve a pale white look but at the time I was sorta in a bind and just threw this together. LOL

You're going to have a blast doing her makeup, don't forget to take lots of pics!

hwdsprincess

I know right? Halloween makeup is soooooooo much fun!!!! what are you going to use to make her face pale/grey? I was a pin-up zombie last year and I had a heck of a time trying to make face pale AND greenish. I first tried the white Halloween makeup they sell in a tube (walmart) but that stuff cracks (not cute)!!!! yuck. then I bought the white cream halloween makeup that they sell at walmart also, and it worked a little better but just had a hard time building up the color (it stayed creamy and was hard to set) and tried my best to add shades green & black eyeshadow to contour. here is a pic I'm sure there is better product out there to achieve a pale white look but at the time I was sorta in a bind and just threw this together. LOL You're going to have a blast doing her makeup, don't forget to take lots of pics! .
Wow that looks super nice!!! Great job, more like amazing job! Thanks for the advice I'll pick up the cream white and use shadows as well to contour, I'll probably hit up Walmart and practice tonight

aradhana

I was a pin-up zombie last year and I had a heck of a time trying to make face pale AND greenish. I first tried the white Halloween makeup they sell in a tube (walmart) but that stuff cracks (not cute)!!!! yuck. then I bought the white cream halloween makeup that they sell at walmart also, and it worked a little better but just had a hard time building up the color (it stayed creamy and was hard to set) and tried my best to add shades green & black eyeshadow to contour. here is a pic

I'm sure there is better product out there to achieve a pale white look but at the time I was sorta in a bind and just threw this together. LOL

You're going to have a blast doing her makeup, don't forget to take lots of pics!

wow great job!

i was watching one of the videos by pixiwoo, and kinda wanted to try something where i paint my whole face....haven't ever done something like that!

CharlieKelly

You could pass as a Lady from the Day of the Death too. Gorgeous!

mrsdee

Thanks for the advice I'll pick up the cream white and use shadows as well to contour, I'll probably hit up Walmart and practice tonight

awwww thank you !!!
bouquet.gif

You're gonna have a blast doing her makeup. keep me posted =)

mrsdee

wow great job!

i was watching one of the videos by pixiwoo, and kinda wanted to try something where i paint my whole face....haven't ever done something like that!
Thank you!
th_thstars.gif

I'm gonna look up pixiwoo. I love watching youtube tutorials for advice, tips and inspiration watching julieg713. Halloween make up was a little intimidating to me (it still is sometimes), but that's the beauty of makeup. If you don't like it you can try try again or just wash it off and try something totally different!

i know right!!!!!!!haaaaa lol thats what i said...thanks for posting! its fun to see stuff like this and see what everyones doing

mrsdee

FYI:
OK so I watched a few more Halloween tutorials and I saw someone use a MAC Paint stick in "Pure white" for the pale face. I went online and unfortunately its out of stock (pro item) :(
but now I know what to use to get the pale face. hehe

hwdsprincess

FYI: OK so I watched a few more Halloween tutorials and I saw someone use a MAC Paint stick in "Pure white" for the pale face. I went online and unfortunately its out of stock (pro item) :( but now I know what to use to get the pale face. hehe
I still didn't go to the store omg I need to practice lol maybe I'll stop by the Mac store and see if they have there when I pick up my glamourdaze stuff Thursday. Thanks for the advice

mrsdee

i know right!!!!!!!haaaaa lol thats what i said...thanks for posting! its fun to see stuff like this and see what everyones doing
I've been on you-tube looking up all these great Halloween makeup tutorials. I kinda wanna dress up like a few different things just to have all the fun w/different makeup looks. LOL

Evil queen from Snow White is sooooooooooooooo much fun!

hwdsprincess

Omg mrsdee!!! You look great as the evil queen I love it!!!! Lol u live so close I might have to go bug you to teach me some stuff!

mrsdee

Omg mrsdee!!! You look great as the evil queen I love it!!!! Lol u live so close I might have to go bug you to teach me some stuff!

OH thank you! It was so much fun being the evil queen last year! I kinda wanna throw it on again just for fun. too bad Halloween is only ONCE a year. lmfao
we should get together. Heck I am thinking of doing a fashion show in San Jose in January. Let me know if you wanna go. My hair girl needs some MUAs so I figure this will help me network and maybe get me some work, every little helps.

Also found this awesome tutorial on youtube for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJEty4mN5dU

hwdsprincess

OH thank you! It was so much fun being the evil queen last year! I kinda wanna throw it on again just for fun. too bad Halloween is only ONCE a year. lmfao we should get together. Heck I am thinking of doing a fashion show in San Jose in January.  Let me know if you wanna go. My hair girl needs some MUAs so I figure this will help me network and maybe get me some work, every little helps. Also found this awesome tutorial on youtube for ya! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJEty4mN5dU
That sounds like fun! Let me know you can inbox me... Hahaha I found the same tutorial my daughter was just like I don't want the big eyes I want my normal eyes I'm like fine, this weekend I'm def practicing on her

mrsdee

Hahaha I found the same tutorial my daughter was just like I don't want the big eyes I want my normal eyes I'm like fine, this weekend I'm def practicing on her
Will do
flower.gif

LOOOOL, too cute. Tell her it's ok I had the same thought. the eyes look way creepy. hehe