Mac - Maleficent (May 15, 2014)

Wolverina

Omfggg no chance in the world would I work at a graveyard. What's your occupation if you don't mind me asking? Ummmmm :shock:
I work at the county shelter for abused and neglected children. Most of our admits come in at night, so I'm one of the graveyard girls. 3:30 am can really wreak havoc on my imagination! We had a schizophrenic girl who would constantly complain about demons walking through her room and would come out and sleep in the living room- that sorely tested my ability to keep the willies in check.

Tahlia

I work at the county shelter for abused and neglected children. Most of our admits come in at night, so I'm one of the graveyard girls. 3:30 am can really wreak havoc on my imagination! We had a schizophrenic girl who would constantly complain about demons walking through her room and would come out and sleep in the living room- that sorely tested my ability to keep the willies in check.
Oh my bad I literally thought you meant you worked at a graveyard :S that's crazy!!! I wouldn't be able to handle that job

Uptownbackinit

yes thats why i wanted to cry to. i cry when im pissed, and retail u feel helpless cuz u gotta smile and take it. and yes im really good at the evil eye if i see rude bitches yelling at the employees i dont hide my disdain. im telling u birth control in the water!!!! lol
Lol. I always think if only I wasn't working. One time I did snap back and call a lady a bitch. Luckily it never got reported.

NaomiH

Me too. when i tell ppl that i get some funny looks. but i have seen things many times in my life and i have NO doubt in my mind of what i saw. i like to know theres more than what we see tho.
I've experienced everything from hearing whispers, slamming doors, having my hair pulled and flat out seeing figures move and vanish into thin air.

Kristin Bacon

I love Horror movies, all but paranormal! I can't even watch the sixth sense, so when my family had a movie night and decided to watch the conjuring I went into the other room and watched a happy movie cause even the thought scared me.
Yeah, i know right. Scary!
Lol. I always think if only I wasn't working. One time I did snap back and call a lady a bitch. Luckily it never got reported.
i always wanted to!!! i got reported for not having a nice face while i said she couldnt return something without the reciept even lol

Wolverina

I've experienced everything from hearing whispers, slamming doors, having my hair pulled and flat out seeing figures move and vanish into thin air.
Ahhhhh! I honestly didn't believe it until I experienced it. How do you explain it to someone who has never been exposed to that stuff?

OctoberViolet

I love horror movies! Yes, sometimes they become a tad too realistic for me and I need to fast foward or turn it off, but that is very seldom. I have had experiences with the paranormal. I hear my name being called and look, no one is there. This happened recently at work. I lost a girlfriend two years ago, she died young due to an asthma attack. I swear sometimes it's her voice I hear. I felt someone playing with my hair one night and assumed it was one of my kitties, but they were all on the chair not on my couch...freaky!!!! I've experienced other stuff also, but I am not ready to share. Too weird.

Kristin Bacon

I love horror movies! Yes, sometimes they become a tad too realistic for me and I need to fast foward or turn it off, but that is very seldom. I have had experiences with the paranormal. I hear my name being called and look, no one is there. This happened recently at work. I lost a girlfriend two years ago, she died young due to an asthma attack. I swear sometimes it's her voice I hear. I felt someone playing with my hair one night and assumed it was one of my kitties, but they were all on the chair not on my couch...freaky!!!! I've experienced other stuff also, but I am not ready to share. Too weird.
yes i feel u. i have some extra creepy stories but yeah..... im always afraid to share them. i have seen non human entities before that were evil. and on my bday last yr i was in my bathroom and heard my name being whispered but no one was there. so crazy. sorry about your friend. im sure shes wit u when u need her.

NaomiH

Ahhhhh! I honestly didn't believe it until I experienced it. How do you explain it to someone who has never been exposed to that stuff?
It's hard, they just kind of give you the side eye as you're telling them. All of this has happened in separate houses owned by people who are related to each other who of course believed me since they too had all kinds of odd stuff happen to them. I really think that family is being followed or something because everyone I know in the family has had spooky things happen to them at one time or another over the years. They even moved from their house in Austin to San Antonio and odd stuff goes down there as well.

Dolly Snow

yes i feel u. i have some extra creepy stories but yeah..... im always afraid to share them. i have seen non human entities before that were evil. and on my bday last yr i was in my bathroom and heard my name being whispered but no one was there. so crazy. sorry about your friend. im sure shes wit u when u need her.
That happens all the time to me and my sister. It has happened more frequently since my aunt passed away. Or my favorite is in my garage we hear banging. Like the sound of a hammer hitting the wall. This also happens alot but things we securely place somewhere will fall.

Pinkdollface

I hope I don't offend anyone and I don't mind if people go off topic, but it's been going on for a couple of pages now and was wondering if someone could create a new thread were you guys can continue your stories. I keep thinking there's new info about this collection because of all the new posts I see when I get back on specktra
tong.gif

Kristin Bacon

It's hard, they just kind of give you the side eye as you're telling them. All of this has happened in separate houses owned by people who are related to each other who of course believed me since they too had all kinds of odd stuff happen to them. I really think that family is being followed or something because everyone I know in the family has had spooky things happen to them at one time or another over the years. They even moved from their house in Austin to San Antonio and odd stuff goes down there as well.
yes spirits can become attached to ppl. they have to work really hard to get rid of it. they should contact a medium.

Uptownbackinit

I'm glad I've never had anything to horrific happen to me, I couldn't handle it. The worst I've had is in my grandmas is seeing things in the corner of my eye, and someone sitting on the edge of the bed when I was watching tv ( i could see the indent) and in my old house my dog would growl in the corner of my rooom at night. But it never scared me, My dad passed away in my house and I always figured it was just him just checking up. Same with at my grandmas she thinks her hallway is like a portal but I don't get scared, I Feel like its just family checking up on me. When we moved from my house my mom took a picture of the bathroom though and in the shower you can see a outline of a person, looks like my dads figure. That was bittersweet though not scary.

Real hardcore paranormal stuff though. Eff that! lol.

Tahlia

I love Horror movies, all but paranormal! I can't even watch the sixth sense, so when my family had a movie night and decided to watch the conjuring I went into the other room and watched a happy movie cause even the thought scared me. 
:lol: I watched the conjuring coz my boyfriend wanted to and I was shit scared to sleep for three nights!! Lucky you saved yourself from that trauma lol. But on a serious note... These stories are so interesting yet terrifying :(

NaomiH

yes spirits can become attached to ppl. they have to work really hard to get rid of it. they should contact a medium.
They've done all kinds of things over the years, they just keep being followed and have been most of their lives. None of them have been menacing that I've ever seen or heard them tell of, just seem to be always watching and occasionally making contact from time to time. I will say though that the first time I saw the girl in the sleeping gown looking around the corner at me from the hallway I almost had a stroke. LOL

gingerlaine

Hmm. Maybe I'm an asshole then when it comes to returns. Hahaha!

I only buy MAC at Nordstrom because of their excellent return policy. I feel like I pretty much return at least one thing from every collection I buy, but I do tend to buy LOTS from each collection. In fact, I just bought 2 MSFs, 3 lipsticks, 2 lipglasses, and 2 blushes from FoF. Usually, I only return one or two things if I buy that much, but because MAC wanted to be so hush-hush about FoF and not provide ANY blogger samples, I'm returning EVERYTHING but a lipstick & a lipglass. That makes me sad & upset because it didn't have to be this way. No skin off my back though! Nordie's will take it back! (If anybody wants anything, PM me to see if I have it. I haven't returned yet & I honestly hate doing that, but I need my money back for stuff I'm not using, and since MAC restocked lots of FoF last night, I think I missed my chance to pass these on to someone who didn't already have them.)

I don't buy things intending to return them though. They don't seem to do blogger samples anymore, and that's their prerogative, but they keep up these super limited releases. So if I actually want something, I have to buy sight unseen as soon as its released. I am also a WOC, and even when there are blog/IG swatches, they're rarely on a WOC, let alone one with my skintone. So. Either I don't buy at release & pay 2x retail on the secondary market once swatches are posted, or I buy what I'm interested in & return what doesn't work. OR I just live without altogether. Only one of these things results in MAC getting my money. If I can't return, I'll buy FAR less or nothing at all, so that's a losing proposition for them.

As far as I'm concerned, if MAC wants to play, I'll play the game right back. I feel like my returns tell Nordstrom that MAC is doing something wrong, and Nordstrom has the supply chain power to get MAC to change their ways OR charge all those returns right back to them. It's obvious that MAC operates on a bottom-line principle. And as a profitable company, they should, but a bottom-line is meaningless when you have bad PR, and as much as I love MAC, I feel like their PR is getting worse & worse.

If their problem is counterfeiters, maybe they should stop releasing collections in unattainable sell-out quantities. They're the manufacturer, they control their supply chain. I don't need something to be available for all eternity, but if I only get two shots at a product before it's gone forever, why WOULDN'T someone take advantage of the supply & demand situation that MAC created themselves? The other day, someone in a FB group asked about good MAC lippies for WOC. Nobody could answer without a string of LE or discontinued products. How does that help someone new to the brand? I'm in a couple of nail polish groups too & people complain to high heaven about resellers, eBayers, inflated prices, etc, and all I can tell them is "If this has you so upset, please, don't get into MAC makeup because it is INFINITELY worse." Makeup is more fun when you can share it, and MAC is becoming less and less shareable. Hype is up & hype gets people talking, and that's cool, but hype only lasts so long when you can't rely on the company to provide a reasonable supply, consistent products, and good customer service.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I hope I don't offend anyone and I don't mind if people go off topic, but it's been going on for a couple of pages now and was wondering if someone could create a new thread were you guys can continue your stories. I keep thinking there's new info about this collection because of all the new posts I see when I get back on specktra
tong.gif
yes.gif
I Iove me some horror stories too, but it would be better to continue in a thread for it rather than in this one.

Kristin Bacon

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say we prolly wont have any real info for at least another month or more to talk about for Maleficant.