Mac - Maleficent (May 15, 2014)

Beautybuyer

Agreed I hope we start hearing things this or next month! If it's repromotes..they'll probably keep a tight lid on it

Kristin Bacon

weeping.gif
its killing me not to know anything

User38

weeping.gif
its killing me not to know anything

Quote: Originally Posted by shellygrrl

IMO, a no-return policy would hurt those of us whose only way to try anything for ourselves would be to purchase it online.

Using myself as an example: The nearest Ulta and Macy's are 2.5 hours from me. The nearest Macy's with a MAC counter, as well as the only Sephora in my state, are 6 hours away. US drugstores and whatnot don't have testers, of course, and rarely have samples unless it's a new product, usually a foundation.

I really wish companies would especially sell foundation samples online. (A couple of larger companies do this already -- Sleek and Face Atelier. And, of course, smaller brands who sell on Etsy are good at this.) Would that add in costs? Of course! But for those like me who don't live anywhere close to a counter, it would be a godsend.
Nothing. Since it's not out until May, and we're currently in the middle of February, it's going to be a whi
Seriously? .. lol, it's only makeup! You have to wait till May.. lol. Hey, I sometimes wait 2 years to see the finished products!

Kristin Bacon

still no info yet.. *sigh* oh well. im looking forward to playland/by request at the moment :)
YES me too. Im so curious and hopefull about this one but im totally ready to buy all of playland thats le, not getting the perm part of it since i will be broke lol. and by request is exciting to me as well. Hoop was my top fave so im happy

Whitneyallison

associate. Retail is such a killer and some people just look for any excuse to act superior. Particularly during a recession I've noticed consumers abusing those in retail with the "You're so lucky I'm deigning to spend my hard earned monies here!" Ummm ok. If you haven't the funds, don't get spendy. It hurt to work at Nordstrom where you would be terrified to take days off because you would accrue returns without selling and have to look at the numbers when you returned to work. People would purchase thousands of dollars of merchandise with the specific intent of returning it all after the wedding or cruise. I wanted to just go Exorcism on their asses.
I work at Von Maur and we pretty much have a no questions asked return policy. It's the worst. And I work in the dress department. I actually had a lady today return a gown that she wore to a ball yesterday and it was so obvious it was worn. It annoys me... bottom line if you don't want to pay the price don't come into a high end store. If my sales goal wasn't soo much and I didn't have to keep up with it to not get fired I would care less and just think how embarrassing it is for the person but I literally want to strangle people haha. I personally never return anything- If I buy something I know I'm keeping it.

Kristin Bacon

I work at Von Maur and we pretty much have a no questions asked return policy. It's the worst. And I work in the dress department. I actually had a lady today return a gown that she wore to a ball yesterday and it was so obvious it was worn. It annoys me... bottom line if you don't want to pay the price don't come into a high end store. If my sales goal wasn't soo much and I didn't have to keep up with it to not get fired I would care less and just think how embarrassing it is for the person but I literally want to strangle people haha. I personally never return anything- If I buy something I know I'm keeping it.
me too!! I havent returned anything in a really long time. im used to ordering online anyway and i would never return anything from online either. Plus i like most makeup i buy on me or i give it to someone.

Mac-Guy

Same here. If I buy, I'll keep it - unless it is defective. If in doubt, I'll pass.

PS: I'm sorry that you have to deal with annoying customers who abuse the return policy. It would drive me nuts.

MACina

Same here. If I buy, I'll keep it - unless it is defective. If in doubt, I'll pass.

PS: I'm sorry that you have to deal with annoying customers who abuse the return policy. It would drive me nuts.

iagree.gif
iagree.gif
iagree.gif
.....same here!!!!!!!!!

cr8zy4MAC

When I used to work at The Home Depot in the Garden Department, we would get some ridiculous returns. We had a few customers who had no scruples at all. They actually had the balls to return their whole garden (plants and flowers) every season throughout the year. The plants were in such rough shape when they brought them back in, sometimes you couldn't even figure out what they used to be. It's as though they never saw a drop of water ... ever! That really ticked me off.
angry.gif
During the holiday season, I remember getting a returns cart at the end of the night. As I was working my way through the cart, I came across a box of tinsel. As I looked at the box a little more closely, it wasn't even from our store! It was from Kmart!!! We gave them their money back. That really takes the cake!

NaomiH

When I used to work at The Home Depot in the Garden Department, we would get some ridiculous returns. We had a few customers who had no scruples at all. They actually had the balls to return their whole garden (plants and flowers) every season throughout the year. The plants were in such rough shape when they brought them back in, sometimes you couldn't even figure out what they used to be. It's as though they never saw a drop of water ... ever! That really ticked me off.
angry.gif
During the holiday season, I remember getting a returns cart at the end of the night. As I was working my way through the cart, I came across a box of tinsel. As I looked at the box a little more closely, it wasn't even from our store! It was from Kmart!!! We gave them their money back. That really takes the cake!
I used to work at Home Depot too and hated when I got stuck in returns! My stupid front end manager actually made me give some guy back his money on a set of yard lights that didn't even have the damn lights in them, it had some rocks in it! I had to take back all kinds of crap that completely boggled my mind and pissed me off to do. Part of why I only lasted there 6 months. lol

cr8zy4MAC

I used to work at Home Depot too and hated when I got stuck in returns! My stupid front end manager actually made me give some guy back his money on a set of yard lights that didn't even have the damn lights in them, it had some rocks in it! I had to take back all kinds of crap that completely boggled my mind and pissed me off to do. Part of why I only lasted there 6 months. lol
I worked there for about four and-a-half years until I broke my wrist really bad (three surgeries). I had to leave their company once I settled my Workers' Comp case. That's the way the cookie (or my wrist) crumbles! At least there were a lot of fun coworkers. We did work our butts off, but at least we had quite a few good laughs along the way. :)

NaomiH

I worked there for about four and-a-half years until I broke my wrist really bad (three surgeries). I had to leave their company once I settled my Workers' Comp case. That's the way the cookie (or my wrist) crumbles! At least there were a lot of fun coworkers. We did work our butts off, but at least we had quite a few good laughs along the way. :)
That really stinks about your wrist. :( I loved some of the people I worked with and have kept in touch with a few over the years, the management in that store was just ridiculous which was my main reason for leaving. I do kinda miss meeting new people everyday though.

cr8zy4MAC

That really stinks about your wrist. :( I loved some of the people I worked with and have kept in touch with a few over the years, the management in that store was just ridiculous which was my main reason for leaving. I do kinda miss meeting new people everyday though.
I made several really good friends there. Once in a while we'll take a walk down memory lane and laugh our butts off! I enjoyed the mix of people coming through the doors and in the work place.

Kristin Bacon

angry.gif
WOW!!!! ok so they took the plants planted them then never watered them and decided they were defective??? wth is wrong with ppl. First of its mean plants are alive, plant murderers! And the cheapness is beyond redic!!!! And the tinsel lol.

NaomiH

WOW!!!! ok so they took the plants planted them then never watered them and decided they were defective??? wth is wrong with ppl. First of its mean plants are alive, plant murderers! And the cheapness is beyond redic!!!! And the tinsel lol.
The plants were the only thing they actually followed the book on at my store (return wise). You HAD to have a receipt and it had to be within the 1 year time frame for plant returns.

ARmakeupjunkie

Working returns in retail is hard work. I too have seen some crazy things. Not going to name where I worked but, there was once a customer that returned what was left of two gallons of paint after they painted their whole room. Apparently, once they got it on the wall, they didn't like the color. Management give them hell about the return only to take it back in the end. I have learned that their number one goal is to just get the customer out the store if they get out of hand which means, give them whatever they want. Only a few will stand their ground. Of course, people would buy clothing all the time, wear it, and then return it if they needed the money back.

Anyway, I really hope this collection is not repromotes but if it is, money saved.

Kristin Bacon

I used to work at a head shop, for anyone not familiar we sold smoke shop stuff, water pipes, lol, for tobacco wink wink. this was when i was 19 now im about to be 31. Now pot is legal in wa but not then so you had to use the right wording lol. and we also sold sex toys and lube and stuff like that. Well the law is you CANNOT return a sex toy, so i had to open them and put batteries in to show it worked then once they bought it it was theres. And im sure we can all see why!! Well some ppl didnt like that and would still try to bring stuff back. And the pipes and water pipes lol bong. they would use it then try and return it all the time. it was funny having to explain how to use vibrators to really elderly men, who wanted to bring one home for there wife hahaha. Then there was a guy who came in every week to buy a blow up doll, but he had to see the hair first. it had to be red hair. And my coworker was a red head and he would flirt with her hahahaha. that job we had fun laughing all the time!!!

And i hope that at least half the stuff is new. i will take briar rose BP and sweet revenge lipglass again!! But i hope it isnt mineral shadows like last time. Im over those.