MAC Master Class

ledonatella

Just got back from a MAC Master Class in Cleveland so I thought I would update anyone interested in what happened, etc.

The class was Spring/Summer trends & was taught by MAC's Senior Artist Konstintine who is amazing and so nice and sweet. This is my 2nd class with him and he's fun. Anyway, here are some notes I took:

- He said the designers and make-up artists are going away from bronzer/tanned skin and toward a more natural healthy look. He really emphasized the MSF's (esp. Lightscapade which he said he used all over the runway's this season) and MSF natural powders as the way skin should look, not too overly done. He said it should look like your "moonbathing" not sunbathing, hence the summer collection Moonbathe stemmed from these ideas.

- He loved the look of paints as a base and then a CCB over it, and I gotta say it looked good and didn't crease this way, at least on the girl he used. He used Structural Brown paint then Root CCB on the lid, Cork in the crease and Graphblack technakhol under the eyes for a smokey look. Then Big Baby plushglass on the lips. Very hot. He said black liner was everywhere this year, although smokey eyes are great with browns for summer too.

- He loved the 217 crease brush for concealer under the eyes to soften it and said Moisturecover Concealer is a girls best friend for undereye circles (which I totally agree with!).

- He did a look with Engraved PPoint drawn from the lash line to the crease kinda catty then Lustrewhite lustreglass (?!) on the lid it was pretty cool looking, don't know how wearable Lustreglass is on your eyes for everyday but for class it looked cool. He paired it with Rebel l/s and then Hothouse from Strange Hybrid on the lips, made it sorta magenta red but it was cool with a minimal eye.

- He did on a darker skinned girl a look that was very stunning on her, but simple to do. It was Royal Wink as base from lid to crease then Freshwater on top of that and Blacktrack fluid line to fill in the brows. He said for summer a bold pop of color will be very very hot (I'm thinking like the C-Shock colors!)

- All in all it was alot of fun, I spent $200 and that was with my PPID discount! I'll post my haul in the haul thread later........

BlahWah

Wow, that sounds amazing! I wish they'd hold more in Toronto. Thanks for posting all the things you learned, esp. about the 217. More use out of brushes is good. Can't wait for Moonbathe and C-Shock to come out! And I better brush up on my natural look (haha, I've never really had one..)...
smiles.gif