MAC Matchmaster-did you find your perfect match?

TSIZ

SOS.gif
I've been keeping-up with this thread as much as I can...

QUESTION:

• Who is keeping the MM they bought, or is planning to buy MM after using the sample(s)?
  • Who is NOT? (and quick summary of/main reason why not?)

Can I get a "show of hands"?

anyone.gif

Thanks in advance!

califabulous

SOS.gif

QUESTION:

• Who is keeping the MM they bought, or is planning to buy MM after using the sample(s)?

anyone.gif

Thanks in advance!

I bought the MM in 7.5 after an MA applied it. I then got a sample and used it several times. the color was good. the coverage was great-medium. But it transferred a bit too easily (im very oily) and it takes more than 2 washes (with hands and a Sephora face brush) to remove it. Believe it or not I'm thinking about getting matched in the prolong wear. I'd understand if it takes a lot to scrub that off! If I could have figured out how and what to set it with to avoid a cakey or over-powdered look, I prob would have kept it. the foundation I use is only allowed to have one flaw! this had more than one....oh... and the scent lingers...and I do not have a sensitive nose.

StyleBlack

I have samples and will not be buying it. The colors are too orange/bright for my skin tone & it didn't live up to the "perfect match" hype for me.

SOS.gif

QUESTION:

anyone.gif

Thanks in advance!

califabulous

LOL and it's my pleasure to share my two cents :)

WELL....Guess what? I was in Nordstrom's t day and got matched to MAC C8 SF powder...this MA was on it. I can't believe it. So of course I bought it along with NC45 concealer. This is so weird. I am going to find a thread for C8's. I don't think there are many on here....I don't get it...but I will keep wearing it until I find something wrong with it :) I just saw pics from Thanksgiving dinner and my face looked crazy dark a top of my neck. Nars Macao. HMMM it looks good to me in person but wow....it was such a contrast....not super bad but I was surprised. I am going to keep wearing it tho... even tho I got matched to Cadiz powder foundation in NARS. Cadiz in sheer matte liquid is way light on me. C8...bring on the trials.....

sinergy

so finally got a few samples of MM. My foundation shade is all over the place but right now i am about an nc35 prolongwear, nc37 SFF so I got samples of the 3 and 4. I was first off impressed with how well the foundation blended in to my skin. did two layers and got decent coverage but definetly noticed the powdery cast to it. Feels very light weight though and has a nice finish. so far i havent noticed any rubbing off or transferring the 3 looked a little bit ashy and a tad dull to me and the 4 was brighter and matched better. i did try these in the evening in my bathroom light which isnt the best so i will try again in the morning see how they fair. it feels great though so nice to not feel that thickness or heaviness that makes me want to constantly blot!

irmiana

I just bought the foundation today, got matched to a 3.0. I was wearing Studio Fix Fluid in an NC37, but was starting to find it too yellow, but put it down to the fact that I've had my SFF for a while now. The MUA at the MAC store found me browsing the Matchmaster bit and suggested 3.0, when I was clutching onto a 4.0 thinking it matches up to what I thought was my complexion. She applied some on my left cheek, to compare with my right cheek (which had the SFF in NC37) and if I hadn't watched her apply the MM, I would have thought that she didn't apply anything!

Excited to try it properly tomorrow :)

Kara Thrace

Mine is 1.5 and it blends perfectly in to my skin. I'm considering change to this foundation, now I'm using studio fix fluid in NW15.

kimbunney

I finally got around to trying out my sample of this foundation! I love it. It feels so light on my face but still gives a flawless finish and covers everything I desire it to cover. I only had a sample and managed to wear four days straight out of it with no breakouts and I got compliments on how clear my face was.Of course I let people know it was the foundation working.

They gave my samples in 7.0 and 8.0 because they didn't have 7.5 at my location. After trying out the 7.0 I was completely satisfied with the match and decided the 8.0 might be too dark so I didn't bother to try it out. So 7.0 is my color, for reference I'm NC45 in Prolong wear (which is a perfect match), Cadiz in NARS, 170 in MUFE.

afulton

I was matched with 7.5 and loved it at first. Then I noticed that it turns red on me. I am going to try to get a sample of 7.0 and mix the two together. I just love the finish so I have to make it work some how.

Rania88

im a nc50. i got matched to 7.5. however i am noticing this foundation is oxidizing on me. and i dont have oily skin (with the exception of my nose). i loved it the first 2 weeks i wore it. but now im not liking it. i think i may have to go back to my studio fix fluid or buy a 7.0 and start mixing it. but i hate having to mix foundations.

afulton

Me too!!

im a nc50. i got matched to 7.5. however i am noticing this foundation is oxidizing on me. and i dont have oily skin (with the exception of my nose). i love it the first 2 weeks i wore it. but now im not liking it. i think i may have to go back to my studio fix fluid or buy a 7.0 and start mixing it. but i hate having to mix them foundations.

StyleBlack

I haven't noticed it oxidize on myself, but a lot of folks complain about it. I also set my liquid foundations with powder anyway, so maybe that creates a barrier to it oxidizing (?) No harm in trying it out. :) I use MSF. I hate mixing foundations too, but for my NW 45/47-ish skin, 8.5 mixed with 9.0, looked pretty decent! I only swatched this combo the first time I tried it, but I wore it all day yesterday on my face and it didn't disappoint.

sinergy

ive noticed without a primer or base it oxidizes on me very noticeably. and if i put any setting powder with any color in it whatsoever it darkens up a lot. im using a 3 which is a tiny bit too dark but hopefully in the next few months with some sun it will match better for me. i do like the finish and it seems pretty long lasting to me though

anna del

I tried matchmaster in 5.5 and 6 and OMG 6 was so perfect!! I usually just use a tinted moisturizer coz my face feels so packed on if I use a foundation but this was so light.

anyone know wat matchmaster in 6 is equal to NW/NC?? it would be a geat help in picking blush etc.im just starting out in make-up.

califabulous

I tried matchmaster in 5.5 and 6 and OMG 6 was so perfect!! I usually just use a tinted moisturizer coz my face feels so packed on if I use a foundation but this was so light.

anyone know wat matchmaster in 6 is equal to NW/NC?? it would be a geat help in picking blush etc.im just starting out in make-up.

NC 42/43 or NW 35 maybe...?

bobbiedoll03

I am an NC50 and I purchased 7.5 and I must say I have been wearing it for a week and I am in love. I love how my skin looks with this foundation...it is become my go-to hands down. I would recommend it for all those with oily skin, I am in heaven!

Rania88

I started mixing my match master with my mineralized satin finish. The color is perfect now and it doesn't oxidize.

Latest posts