MAC Matte2 eyeshadows being discontinued? Say it isnt so!

destiny1683

So Ive been wanting Fig1 shadow for the logest time and everytime I go to the freestanding store they dont have it. The manager told me yesterday that she thinks its being discontinued becuase they havent had the matte squared items replenished in a very long time. Anybody else heard of this? If so, I need to stock up!! Some of my fav shadows are from that line. They are so beautifully pigmented and easy to blend.

Matte 2 Shadows:

Handwritten
Brown Script
Fig 1
Typographic
Graphology
Blanc type
Tete- a- tint
Flourishing
Pen ‘n’ Pink
Post Haste
Signed Sealed
Poison Pen
Prussian
Clarity
Newly Minte
Copperplate

MAChostage

I recently asked that same question of MAC and was told that they are not being discontinued. They *did* discontinue some colors in that formula, but many are still available. Fig. 1 is out of stock on the MAC website (so I suppose it will be back), but it you live near a CCO check there. I have seen them at my local CCO.

SakurasamaLover

I hope it's not true, they already discontinued the Veluxe finish which was one, if not my favorite finish...

But yeah some shade have been discontinued since last year, I think: Pen n Pink, Signed, Sealed and Poison Pen got chopped off. :(

GlamQueen21

Clarity, Newly Minted, Flourishing and Graphology has been recently discontinued. I have not yet purchased Fig. 1, Purssian, Copperplate, Blanc Type, Typographic, Brown Script and Handwritten. I have been wanting Poisen Pen for the longest time and I had no luck of finding it at my CCO.

fieran

I had a similar situation where the MUA said Fig 1 is out of stock. Then she called other branches nearby (I was in Nordstrom, SF) and even they didn't have stock. So we both came to the possible conclusion that Fig 1 was being discontinued.

MAChostage

^^If that is the case, then I am even more befuddled by MAC than ever! Why in the world do they choose to discontinue some of their most beloved products? What will they discontinue next, Woodwinked e/s? Ruby Woo l/s? Geez!

heidik

omg i so hope fig1 isn;t being discontinued..that is one of my favorites,,,that is just insane

fieran

I agree. It's strange. For what it's worth. Temptalia (http://www.temptalia.com/nars-melusine-eyeshadow-duo-review-photos-swatches-holiday-2010) suggests the Melusine's darker shade as a substitute...or Nocturnelle. All is not lost I guess. Or perhaps buy a back up?

katred

Specktra Bestie
On the Mac web site, it looks like Blanc Type, Fig.1, Copperplate and Typographic are still available, but everything else is gone. I would honestly rather they had gotten rid of a few regular mattes, but it's been obvious for a while that they aren't pursuing the Matte 2 finish. I imagine that these will hang around like the couple of remaining "Veluxe" finish eye shadows (which is different from Veluxe Pearl), since they seem to have a following. I'm glad I grabbed Prussian while it was still available, because it's an absolutely beautiful deep blue.

PinkBasset

Matte2 is Mac's best eyeshadow finish. I cannot understand why they get rid of so many of them. I really like Veluxes too. I'm seriously hoping they will make a comeback with Matte2, it's not fun with all the frost without any good mattes.

Caderas

Sometimes, I don't think MAC understands why they discontinue things. I was looking forward to getting some of the other Matte2 shadows because I LOVE Copperplate!

myluckypenny

AGREED! I feel as though many of the new colors being put out w/ collections are all chunky glitters/frost nowadays... =(

sarahbe492

The matte2 are the best!!! I LOVE copperplate so so much - glad it isn't gone! But on the list I think it says handwritten is being retired which I don't think it is...from the MAC site it looks like the 6 we still have (and love) are Handwritten, Brown Script, Fig 1, Typographic, Blanc Type, and Copperplate. They should have at least one or two (dark, medium & light would be preferable) in the major color groups at least because these are so ridiculously fabulous. Luckily I've seen many of the retiring ones at my CCO in KC so I'll have to head there this weekend and get with it. I wasn't sure what I'd do with the lighter ones (I use matte shadows mostly in the crease so I use the darker ones) but I've been trying out some new things and think that I need them all!!! Too bad I missed Tet-a-tint as they had it 2 times ago but not the last time I went! Darnit!

GlamQueen21

I was able to order Tete-A-Tint e/s a week ago and I have it. It looks like what I imagined! I was going to get Prussian online but I'll check to see if my MAC store has it for sure. I need to get Copperplate, Typographic, Blanc Type, Brown Script, Handwritten and Fig. 1.

PinkBasset

I was able to order Tete-A-Tint e/s a week ago and I have it. It looks like what I imagined! I was going to get Prussian online but I'll check to see if my MAC store has it for sure. I need to get Copperplate, Typographic, Blanc Type, Brown Script, Handwritten and Fig. 1.

That's great! I was able to get Tete-A-Tint too, it was the last one at my counter, phew! I like it. :)

So which matte2 are not getting discontinued?

murflegirl

No! Not my precious Matte2! I've got Fig.1, Blanc Type, Copperplate, Graphology, and Tete-a-Tint, now I'll be buying the rest I'm sure!

Patricia

can anyone clear this up? i've been trying to get typographic forever and they are always out :(

sarahbe492

What do you need to have cleared up? There are only 6 that are still current and you can see them all on the website if you search by type. HTH!
can anyone clear this up? i've been trying to get typographic forever and they are always out :(

Latest posts