MAC Matte2 eyeshadows being discontinued? Say it isnt so!

JocelynGL

I guess I better add blanc type to my cart. I don't understand the reasoning here, if they are indeed killing the matte2 shadows. The finish is lovely.

Or maybe they plan to do a big relaunch of them in a year.

sarahbe492

I think the discontinuation already happened in 2010. I don't think they are discontinuing the remaining 6 in 2011. You can check the discontinued thread but it doesn't list the 6 left as being discontinued at all.

Patricia

sorry but on the UK website Typographic in pan form has been sold out forever so i though that was getting discontinued too
it's back in stock now anyway

m0rg3nst3rn

I was told that they are getting rid of some. My favorite artist at the store by my job told me some are on their last legs and some have already been cut. She said that she believes that they are keeping the more popular ones. I am still going to pay attention to them though because brown script is one of my all time favorite eyeshadows now.

Meisje

Brown Script is really great for people with grey-blue eyes. I hope they don't discontinue it.

adruci

FYI - I found matte2 e/s sooo extremely difficult to blend on super oily eyelids - super creasy and gross. hopefully this means they're going to come out with a better formula!

RepettoFlats

Does anyone have any news about this? The only Matte2 that I have is Copperplate, but I'd like to get Blanc Type. Is Omega a Matte2 too?

MAChostage

A lot of the Matte2's have been discontinued. Blanc Type is still available. Omega is a regular matte, not a Matte2.

Does anyone have any news about this? The only Matte2 that I have is Copperplate, but I'd like to get Blanc Type. Is Omega a Matte2 too?

Copperhead

Blanc Type, Typographic, Fig.1, Handwritten, Brown Script and Copperplate are the only ones still available on the MAC site.

MonroeMua

NO WAY!. funny this is i just brought my first matte2 eyeshadow last week. guess i better get the ones i want. mac is really revamping.

peachsuns

i just spoke to a friend who works for mac and he said its true : (

Oh, no! I love Blanc Type so much! Should I stock it up or start looking for something similar?
hmm.gif

Thanks for the info, MonroeMua!

Latest posts