MAC Mineral Skinfinish Natural Dark as a bronzer?

onezumi

Hi!

I tried MAC Bronzer in "Bronze", but it didn't appear to show up very well on my skin in photos. It looked kind of washed out. So, the MAC MUA recommended MAC Mineral Skinfinish Natural Dark as a bronzer. I have never heard that before. Does anyone else do this? Is this weird? I'm NC35ish...maybe a bit darker now in the summer.

Cherrymint

It's not weird. I actually had MSF in dark to countour but it was too dark for me *I'm NC25*. You might want to try it out at the counter first and see if it's what you were looking for. I use Medium/Dark and it works great, plus I like that it doesn't have any noticable weird shimmer since I prefer a matte look. HTH!
tong.gif

LC

absolutely, i use darker MSFNs all the time as bronzers and contours

StyleDemonXoXo

If u really want to look tanned and bronzed I'd try a different bronzer. Too Faced makes really pigmented and beautiful bronzers IMO, Sun Bunny is my fav. It's not weird though, I think you just get a softer looking tan when using a darker powder as bronzer if that makes sense.

babyjane

Bumping this up!

Is anyone using a MSF Natural in Dark for bronzer? I have acne-prone skin and I'm worried that it may break me out as it contains Jojoba Oil?

caribgirl

I've herd that from a couple beauty gurus that u can use a mineralized skin finished as a bronzer depending on how light ur skin is :)and as for the oils I don't think that would be such an issue for ur akin but don't quote me on that lol

erine1881

Bumping this up! Is anyone using a MSF Natural in Dark for bronzer? I have acne-prone skin and I'm worried that it may break me out as it contains Jojoba Oil?
It drives me nuts when people use MSFNs as bronzers or contours, as the colours are completely off for those purposes, but yes, people do use them as such. As it does contain jojoba oil, if you have a reaction to that particular oil, I'd advice you to not use it.