Mac Mineralize Blush - Fake ?

Lotte

Hi you guys,

First of all, I will take pics soon, but I just got home and opened my swap package that was in the mail.

I swapped for a mineralize blush.
When I opened the package the box looked quite banged up, but you can expect that from being in the mail.
What really got me suspicious is that the name of the blush isn't on a sticker, it's printed on. All my other blushes (which are def real because I bought them at a Estee Lauder sale, right next to the factory and another one i bought from a Pro Store) have the name on a sticker.
Also the barcode on the bottom is printed on instead of being on a white sticker.

It does have a white 'Macy's Required for Return'- return label/sticker on the side...
I can't find any weird signs on the blush itself... It's because of the box that I got worried.

I called my Mac store and they said that their Mac blushes all have stickers on them, but she couldn't tell me if it was the same in US. ( I'm from Europe)

What do you guys think so far ? Will provide you with pics soon.
I just don't know when to alert the swapper and ask for a reversal..

Oh yes, she is a veteran swapper with over 500+ tokens, so she might not know this is is a fake as well...if it's fake..

Makeup Emporium

The new MAC packaging has the colour names of the items printed directly on the box as well as the barcode printed directly on the box. This started with the Naked Honey collection this year and MAC is now using this new boxing for all new runs of existing products as well (once the old boxing for a particular product is used up).

There are several threads already here on Specktra about this topic. Here is one of them...

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/c...es-msf-148704/

Lotte

Oh waw, this is such a relief !
It's Style Demon blush, so it's indeed one of a recent collection.
Casadalinnis, it's exactly the same as in your pictures. I was SO convinced I had a fake on my hands
greengrin.gif

But is it normal that the blush is 3.2 gr instead of 3.5 ?

panda0410

I meant to get back to you on this!! It doesnt look like a counterfeit, but without more detailed pics and/or a depot I couldnt be 100% sure. There ARE fake BP blushes out there, by the dozen....

panda0410

The label looks to be the same quality as the label on the fake Newly Minted I got as well, could be coming from the same counterfeit maufacturer.

LMD84

holy cow! when i looked at the blush pics it looked pretty real to me! just like mine which have all been bought at a mac store.

why do you think it could be fake panda?

panda0410

Have a look at the base sticker, style font, print and overall quality on the Feeling compared to True Romance and you'[ll see it
winks.gif
Also there are fake BP blushes flooding the ebay market right now and have been for a little while actually
ssad.gif

Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengl

Can you please tell me if this blush is fake? I bought it from Brigette's Boutique.

I've never heard of it but I presume that's an online store ? Does this mean that seller also doesn't know that they're fake ?

ny love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte
I've never heard of it but I presume that's an online store ? Does this mean that seller also doesn't know that they're fake ?

Yes, that's an online store, I've also bought fake Feeling (crushed and broken
angry.gif
) and fake Peachykeen... Seller ignored our complaints and claimed that they are originals...

Aliki

I bought Breezy and Eversun from the lady in question. Breezy was as fake as false eyelashes and it was a present
ssad.gif

I'm still wondering about Eversun... it looks real, but who knows. I mailed her with one very shame-on-you-you-bad-bad-person tone, but she never replied. Why would she? She has the money and I have the fakes
ssad.gif

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Have a look at the base sticker, style font, print and overall quality on the Feeling compared to True Romance and you'[ll see it
winks.gif
Also there are fake BP blushes flooding the ebay market right now and have been for a little while actually
ssad.gif

Panda, I was wondering on the fake blushes: do you know if when you depot them if they have an indented pan like the shadows??

panda0410

Yes, the past counterfeits we have seen do. Be careful not to confuse Beauty Powders - NOT the BP blushes - as counterfeits, because AUTHENTIC Beuty Powders (Pearl Sunshine, Flower Mist etc etc) DO have indented ring pans. The BP Blushes and ordinary blushes sheertone and shimmer should ALL have FLAT pans. HTH
smiles.gif

Ailey

Thanks Panda, didn't know that about Beauty Powders
smiles.gif

I've also purchased a fake blush from Brigette's Boutique. She refunded me after I mentioned a paypal dispute and claim still saying her products are 100% authentic and stating she got them from a trusted wholesale agent
th_confused_new.gif

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Yes, the past counterfeits we have seen do. Be careful not to confuse Beauty Powders - NOT the BP blushes - as counterfeits, because AUTHENTIC Beuty Powders (Pearl Sunshine, Flower Mist etc etc) DO have indented ring pans. The BP Blushes and ordinary blushes sheertone and shimmer should ALL have FLAT pans. HTH
smiles.gif

Thanks Panda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailey
Thanks Panda, didn't know that about Beauty Powders
smiles.gif

I've also purchased a fake blush from Brigette's Boutique. She refunded me after I mentioned a paypal dispute and claim still saying her products are 100% authentic and stating she got them from a trusted wholesale agent
th_confused_new.gif

Yea, "trusted wholesale agent", I wanna scream at people when they say that!!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Latest posts