MAC Mineralize Eyeshdow Quads (March 6, 2014)

cr8zy4MAC

Online release only today. All of the info is in the first post.
Hi Erine,

So if I am understanding you correctly, it's only available online for today only before it goes up sometime later? What is your take on these? Honest engine! :)

Thanks so much!
girlhaha.gif

erine1881

Hi Erine, So if I am understanding you correctly, it's only available online for today only before it goes up sometime later?  What is your take on these?  Honest engine! :) Thanks so much! :haha:
Correct. These won't be available in person until March. Online only until then. I'm over mineralize shadows. Have been for awhile. They just keep recycling the same colours over and over. The packaging looks cheap too. I have a feeling these will eventually meet the same fate as the mineralize lipsticks.

elegant-one

Correct. These won't be available in person until March. Online only until then. I'm over mineralize shadows. Have been for awhile. They just keep recycling the same colours over and over. The packaging looks cheap too. I have a feeling these will eventually meet the same fate as the mineralize lipsticks.
Is Flat Out Fabulous perm?
noworry.gif

cr8zy4MAC

Yep, I had a strange feeling about them. They are very pretty color combinations, but their mineralize eyeshadows (except for the Venomous Villains Collection), have not really done it for me. I have one mineralize lipstick that I have yet to wear. I guess it's time to throw that one into the clearance bin. :

I find it interesting that they are available online for only one day. Hmmm, call me cynical, but maybe they already know it's a dud, so they are hoping by making it available for one-day-online exclusive, that they can catch some sales before the bloggers get their teeth into it and possibly give it a big thumb's down.

aradhana

are those going to disappear soon?

an mua tried one on me the other day...personally not into the texture, but i thought they might be popular in competing with the emollient rich lipsticks from other brands?

MsKb

I actually like the mineralize lipsticks :( are they being discontinued?

fabulousmoolah

The packaging looks so big, with so much extra plastic. I wish they'd design things to be more compact and take up less space but without shorting us on product. More product & less plastic.

erine1881

Is Flat Out Fabulous perm? :meh:
Yup.
Yep, I had a strange feeling about them.  They are very pretty color combinations, but their mineralize eyeshadows (except for the Venomous Villains Collection), have not really done it for me.  I have one mineralize lipstick that I have yet to wear.  I guess it's time to throw that one into the clearance bin. : I find it interesting that they are available online for only one day.  Hmmm, call me cynical, but maybe they already know it's a dud, so they are hoping by making it available for one-day-online exclusive, that they can catch some sales before the bloggers get their teeth into it and possibly give it a big thumb's down.
Oh no hun, they're not just available only today. They just launched today, available only online.
are those going to disappear soon? an mua tried one on me the other day...personally not into the texture, but i thought they might be popular in competing with the emollient rich lipsticks from other brands?
I actually like the mineralize lipsticks :( are they being discontinued?
Yes, they're being DCd. They now have the ToD online.

aradhana

Yes, they're being DCd. They now have the ToD online.
sorry, what's ToD?

...it's not 'Triangle of Death', is it?

when i look on the website they show a small selection of shades...i don't think the one i tried the other day is even there. when i was looking through the goodbyes i saw a superslick eyeliner that the mua also put on me...now i'm wondering if they were trying to push items that are gonna be bye-bye anyway?!

erine1881

sorry, what's ToD? ...it's not 'Triangle of Death', is it? when i look on the website they show a small selection of shades...i don't think the one i tried the other day is even there. when i was looking through the goodbyes i saw a superslick eyeliner that the mua also put on me...now i'm wondering if they were trying to push items that are gonna be bye-bye anyway?!
Sadly, it is. Usually items are given the ToD online before stores/counters, so artists have no idea unless they look online, or they make the connection based on the latest schematics (which i doubt, as they are usually clueless as to the goings on for a lot of things). But if they were aware of this, they were probably having having a "LE push" that day/week, where they were trying to make drawer space for new product, so they were focusing on using mostly LE/DCd products on customers. It happens.

martiangurll

Yep, I had a strange feeling about them.  They are very pretty color combinations, but their mineralize eyeshadows (except for the Venomous Villains Collection), have not really done it for me.  I have one mineralize lipstick that I have yet to wear.  I guess it's time to throw that one into the clearance bin. : I find it interesting that they are available online for only one day.  Hmmm, call me cynical, but maybe they already know it's a dud, so they are hoping by making it available for one-day-online exclusive, that they can catch some sales before the bloggers get their teeth into it and possibly give it a big thumb's down.
I think you're right on. I bet we see these on ebay labelled as very htf and rare! I agree they look like lo budget Chanel knock offs.

internetchick

I want ALL of these so bad. The price tags seems a bit high to me, but I may cave anyway. I love baked shadows. LOVE.

Latest posts