MAC - Mineralize Powder Foundation Discussion

miss_emc

Sorry if this has already been posted - couldn't find it anywhere so i thought i'd give you guys a heads up on the new Mineralize Powder Foundation which is being released Feb/March next year. Yes it is actual mineral foundation! It has its own puff applicator and it's a bit like the L'Oreal one. Have only seen pics, no actual product, but i'm looking forward to it!

thewickedstyle

Re: MAC Mineralize Powder Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
Sorry if this has already been posted - couldn't find it anywhere so i thought i'd give you guys a heads up on the new Mineralize Powder Foundation which is being released Feb/March next year. Yes it is actual mineral foundation! It has its own puff applicator and it's a bit like the L'Oreal one. Have only seen pics, no actual product, but i'm looking forward to it!

Could this be a suitable replacement for those of us who used MSF Medium as a foundation? I stockpiled 4 MSFs when they dc'd it but it won't be long before I need something new.

~Crystal~

Oooh this sounds interesting! Perhaps it will have a little more coverage than the MSFs?

Excited!!
greengrin.gif

bartp

thanks, that new product does sound exciting...

- I just hope they launch it in enough different colors...
- and then it would make more sense to discontinue the liquid version of the mineralize foundation. (not the powder version).
I always preferred the powder version to the liquid one because the reflective elements in it were a bit too noticeable

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewickedstyle
Could this be a suitable replacement for those of us who used MSF Medium as a foundation? I stockpiled 4 MSFs when they dc'd it but it won't be long before I need something new.

That is the first thing I thought! I knew there had to be a reason they dc'd the med. A dc in the middle of the range made zero sense,esp considering the split between light and med-dark.

Is the colour range in the new mineralize powder foundation going to be the traditional NC/NW ranges or is it Light-Deep Dark? If it is NC/NW, I am even more excited than the MSF natural in med! Nothing like a closer fit.

I stockpiled 7 of the msf natural in med so far. At one of the stores I went to last week, the MA told me, "I know everything and the MSF natural in medium is not discontinued." My husband looked at her and said, "Trust me, it's discontinued." (Nicely, of course). I laughed. He is so sucked into my MAC world!
lol.gif

ETA: I just looked at a few of the new MSF Naturals in med that I just purchased as back-ups and they are waaaaaay yellow. The ones I have been using, as well as the back-ups I previously purchased, are much more peach-toned! Anyone else notice this with past and recent MSF purchases?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
Oooh this sounds interesting! Perhaps it will have a little more coverage than the MSFs?

Excited!!
greengrin.gif

That's what I'm thinking. And if it does there will have to be a broader range of colors. I might actually find a mineral foundation that I like, fancy that.

aziajs

It sounds like Philosophy's Supernatural foundation, which I happen to like because it has good coverage.

spectrolite

Yay!!! I've been waiting for this news I'm so pleased that soon I can buy mineral makeup from my favorite makeup brand. Yet another reason to love MAC
th_DANCE.gif
I really hope that they keep the MSF Natural's around though because I love the Dark shade too much to see it go.

Swirlgirl

I also decided to buy back-ups of the Medium MSF Naturals - and at the checkout when the very nice MA was taking inventory before ringing me up, she noticed that one of the three MSFs looked really yellow - - so she grabbed another which seemed to match the others better. There must have been a batch or two of really yellow looking ones. So beware. Also, this MA knew nothing of the Natural MSFs being discontinued, she just thought maybe the medium was on backorder - in fact they had 30-35 Medium MSFs in stock. I'll be in for an event on Dec. 8th and will get the scoop from my trusted, favorite MA.

AlliSwan

SOOOO EXCITED OMG OMG OMG....I can never find my exact shade with BE or some other brands I've tried, MAC always does skintone colors so well!

claresauntie

I had no idea that Medium was being discontinued! We were out of them for awhile, but now we have tons again - I just figured there was a distribution problem. Hmm....

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
i hope it will be as good as bare escentuals
smiles.gif

I'm hoping they are less like Bare Escentuals and more like the MSFs. I think the MSFs feel great and are easily buildable. Bare Escentuals are drying and a bit more cakey, IMO.

ash10spro

im excited! i hate to wear liquid foundation, just because i don't like the way it feels. Now i can get a nice and light-feeling foundation with the coverage of a liquid! (crosses fingers) lets hope the coverage is buildable! that way you can have a sheer day, or a more covered day when your skin decides to attack you =)

Jacq-i

That's great! I was just about to try Urban Decay's mmu, but I think I'll wait.
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I agree that BE is a little drying. I hope that MAC makes a formula that feels a little better! I am really excited for these!
smiles.gif

mintcollective1

correct me if Im wrong...but I was looking over paperwork at work and it said that the medium msf was "long term out of stock" ( along with "lasting lust" prolong wear...the bright bright red...just to name a few, there was more than that)...we've been told that means its not discontinued but they are more or less having to catch up on the supply/demand side of the deal...it takes longer to make the msf than traditional powders...

i don't think that mac is that silly to discontinue something as SERIOUS as that one color... it get soo much useage!
th_LMAO.gif

mariecinder

I would love for MAC to make a mineral foundation. I had heard a rumor that they weren't going to, so I'll have to believe it when I see it! I agree with others who have hopes that it will be better than BE.

mac_addict_erin

i love the MSF in medium but it made me break out! i hope the new powder ones will have some kind of different formulation so i can enjoy it!