MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013)

elegant-one

Wow, that color is just gorgeous! I think I saw only 1 color that I didn't like.
sigh.gif

Prettypackages

I do too - that sort of slightly overhanging brow bone skin, right?

It's doable, if you don't try too hard for the whole crease line to be visible at all times. For us, we have to focus on the area at the outer edge of the eye to show off the effect. What works best for me is to take a sharp eye pencil in a softer color than what I want the crease line to be and carefully draw the line in so that it's just barely up over that little fold, but once i get to the outer edge where the fold is gone and the bone takes over, I make sure to get a really nice curve going under then up and out, along and past the outer curved edge of the bone.

Then I take liquid liner and line my upper lash line and extend that line just right, spaced under the brow crease line I've already made. You could do liner first and then the crease, but I find crease first is more even and foolproof for me. I like to use liquid liner for the control and the contrast, but you could use gel liner for a softer look.

Finally, I take powder shadow in the final color I want that crease line using a brush that gives me plenty of control (it could be a pencil brush or the edge of a stiff flat brush) and go over the eye pencil line, making sure to blend the shadow in with the pencil. Finish by carefully patting a lighter color on the lid and carefully extending it so that it perfectly fits on the outer edge between the crease and lid lines.

The only other thing I think helps with this look when you have hooded lids is to use a pretty soft color for that crease line. Black and very dark greys are a bit harsh and accentuate the hooding. Taupe and soft browns, grey, blues, terra cotta, that sort of thing looks good. The lid color should be lighter, but again, don't do a super harsh contrast between dark and light and it will work better. The All Woman quad has got great colors to do this look.

Just a last note: if you like this look but are OK with a softer, less precision looking line, that eye contour brush from the Face & Body collection is fantastic for doing a soft crease line winged up under the brow bone in one step.
omg thank you!! I will try this...

bluelitzer

Lady At Play - Mid-tone cool tangerine This is the only thing I'm interested in from this collection. So excited to try it out

valkolak

I was going to hold off on these but if they're like the sort of gel lippies from Dior I think I need Lush Life and Luxe Naturale. Can't wait to go play with them at the counter.

HSBlondie

These look absolutely gorgeous! Typically I'm a matte lipstick girl, but I think I'm gonna have to get at least one of these.

Latest posts